• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

dokish

Banned
Last day of work was yesterday. Give me a week to be back on my feet.
I wasn't on the water gun fight lol. Details later.

Can GAF provide me the best "Red" performances from Hyuna so far?

No No Eul

1406487364310j3p4y.jpeg

Today I went clubbing and sniffed around 15 hairs or so. Good night.

1406487373258yfp3g.jpeg

1406487368043v5olk.jpeg

14064873932837roeb.jpeg

?

WHere's the snsd book, isn't it out

Supposedly, yeah. Then again, YesAsia says the 27th and CDJapan says September 8th so who knows.

Fei & Jia said:

Min Kyung said:

Pendulum

Sheesh that YG hype machine is unreal. That's the third YG rookie group in a row that are dominating the charts, and the YG rookies are doing it with very little choreography. I kinda feel bad knowing that Red Velvet won't win a show now. Those girls performed their tales off with the Happiness promotion.

If Red Velvet had gone through the same cycle as Winner (tv show with cast members from successful senior groups, endless teasers, months of promotional stints, full album and announced plans for Japanese debut, garnering a large female fanbase) instead of what they had (a few individual "SMROOKIES" clips, a teaser 1 week before the MV release), I would certainly be concerned. What they have now seems to be part of SM's playbook however. For instance, Exo didn't win their first show until 14 months post-debut, and on the plus side Red Velvet's debut got (considerably) higher on the charts than Exo's.

By the way, Red Velvet filmed Hello Counselor this week. Subs in a few weeks as per usual, I would expect.

Peru

People 'feeling bad' for Red Velvet makes me laugh. They're an SM group! They've launched to major media attention, good sales, lots of hype. They're guaranteed to be successful because of where they came from. That a YG boy band gets more fangirl hype is hardly surprising. Both groups are lucky sods in a world of idols struggling.

luso

Remember that countdown on the official japanese SNSD site? It lead to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD442-jvjD8&feature=youtu.be

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/girlsgeneration/news/2014/08/25
The announcement of a special concert at Tokyo Dome (their 1st) on 12/09. DAT TAEYEON OMG.
#CATCHGG

Happy for them, at this point it's more than deserved they have their concert there.
However, because it's also only now, this can also be a little bittersweet, as I'm not sure how the music label contract in Japan will be played in the future, and all the current China focus, and above all, the rumors about member hiatus/leaving/whatever - this only for 2015, maybe within a year or so.
Lol at the English translation, the 8th month isn't October, SM!

Very recent footage, Sooyoung with her drama hair cut - watch also the drama preview - and TTS is already showing how their hair will be. Flawless blond Taeng!

I'm in Tokyo then. Very fortuitous. Now to figure out tickets...

Black market and big bucks, it may be the only way.

People 'feeling bad' for Red Velvet makes me laugh. They're an SM group! They've launched to major media attention, good sales, lots of hype. They're guaranteed to be successful because of where they came from. That a YG boy band gets more fangirl hype is hardly surprising. Both groups are lucky sods in a world of idols struggling.

The fact is a boy band has already an advantage. Then the fact it's a big label. And yeah, even if it was a sudden debut, RV is doing ok.

But what about his, the Suju teaser? Circus is in town.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt5M3DdUXzA

luso

Sadly is impracticable to gif every Taeyeon shot. Harder to decide what to select and to have time to do it, I don't have it-
For now this is enough.
Taeyeon0168.gif

8543f284gw1ejovhz90vtg208w0b4u0y.gif

Apparently, an SM rep drops some hints about F(x) future.
2aede206357ebf9a8bb2657cd9130782.jpg

1. f(x) will not be letting their repackaged songs go to waste.
2. Jessica and Krystal will be promoting as a unit in November.
3. Krystal was not originally planned for her drama.
4. Victoria will be filming a drama in China soon. She's currently receiving a lot of other offers.
5. There might be a season two of 'Jessica & Krystal'.

The jungsis unit has been a rumour for quite a while.

Cuddler

I'm the only one who is interested in the 4TEN debut single? Judging by the teasers the song seems interesting and different than most others girls groups.
4TEN - 토네이도 (Tornado) (2nd Teaser)
Hopefully the full song is good.
Cuddler with a Shindong avatar in less than a week.
No, my 2BiC avatar was perfect, I changed to an inSec one to show support to him after his team lost in the lpl, it's all about 2BiC and inSec, the other one are not even close.
not that I think he reads gaf
But what about his, the Suju teaser?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt5M3DdUXzA
Music wise sound interesting and Shindong looks good.
I still have my doubt about the concept and the full song but will see
EDIT:4TEN have an official YouTube account, they have uploaded the teasers and this rap video:
TEM (4TEN) – Who’s that
I'm not a rap expert so I can't really judge her skills.

So i can watch Jessica sing a shitty ballad and watch krystal looks as dis-interested and bored on stage as i really feel?

Pass.

Clearly you didn't watch JeKry. It would be 4 minutes of them laughing their asses off for no reason or lie down on a bed for the same amount of time.
Sadly I kinda agree.

[MV] SISTAR(씨스타)_I Swear (아이 스웨어)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktEEjk3Xy3s

I didn't know Gamestop was involved in the K-Pop industry!

Decent song, not as good as Loving U but it sounds like a sequel to it haha.

http://youtu.be/zXQvssll_I4
The kara mamma Mia dance practice video is pretty good and apart from youngji's one mistake, they remained very tightly knit throughout. This is strangely Kara's best choreography so far
correct me if I'm wrong
even though they don't have their main dancer Nicole anymore.

Pendulum

New Humming Urban Stereo album "Sidekick". Just started to listen to it. Edit: Liking it - perfect for this rainy summer day

----

Congrats to klogg on 1000 Hyosung gifs.
The 1000th couldn't be more appropriate in summing up the previous 999:

----

New "Nasty Nasty" concept group teasers (minus Kevin because who cares)
Kyungri + Sojin said:
No confirmation yet whether Sojin is the new Nine Muses member.

----

Edit for Jihyo
Been staying over at Gary's obviously.

llehuty

This retroactively makes
almost
all previous Sistar releases pure shit.

I can't believe they have fixed Touch My Body and Gone not around any longer. House rulez remix is also great, (although Loving U didn't need fixing). More of this in main singles please.

The kara mamma Mia dance practice video is pretty good and apart from youngji's one mistake, they remained very tightly knit throughout. This is strangely Kara's best choreography so far
correct me if I'm wrong

I like the choreography, but I don't know if it's the best though. I kind of miss some highlight or key dance move. Maybe it's too soon to know if there are some of those there, I'm not seeing it now. Also, it feels so weird seeing a Kara dance practice video.

giri

correct me if I'm wrong

Nope.

Kara's got some songs with amazing choreo. Starting with butt dance which is basically iconic.

That sounded like i didn't think it's good choreo.

It is good, but ... kara's just got a long list of really good choreo.

Top Bottom