• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

isuzu

but you know woman. Most of it probably is just jealousy.

84MiPHk.gif

pikpok

Neo Member
That's... awfully depressing.

Rest in peace, Eunbi. Hope the best for the rest of Ladies Code and condolences to all their loved ones.

Pendulum

Ladies' Code's agency (in response to a question, rather than an official statement, I would presume):
"There was a car accident because of the rain that fell at dawn. They were moved to the St. Vincent Hospital of the Catholic University of Korea in Suwon, Gyeonggi-do. However, member EunB passed away at the scene of the accident. Members RiSe and Sojung sustained big injuries, so are in the middle of surgery.

After the completion of RiSe and Sojung's surgery, they must be transferred to a hospital in Seoul. We have not yet decided which hospital that would be."

Tangeroo

Tragic news. Eunbi was my favorite LC member and they were just wrapping up their Kiss Kiss promotions. I really hope that Sojung and Rise pull through. RIP. ;_;

OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS IS TERRIFYING

RIP EUNB

CONDOLENCES TO HER FRIENDS, FAMILY, MEMBERS AND FANS

This is tragic. Hope Sojung and Rise pull through.

I don't understand how Koreans play rock paper scissors.

I don't understand how you can be married to Lee Min Jung and even think about straying. She's like so much prettier than everyone else.

Maybe he's a fan of the ass.

I am hearing Sojung just died too. Someone please check this.

edit looking around and no source for this. I hope the remaining girls pull through this, this is really terrible.

Kuno

I am hearing Sojung just died too. Someone please check this.

edit looking around and no source for this. I hope the remaining girls pull through this, this is really terrible.

No reports of Sojung or RiSe's situation right now other than they're in surgery and will be airlifted to Seoul afterwards.

ramyeon

Very sad stuff :(

I hope the others involved recover quickly, though I imagine the possible trauma sustained from this will take a very long time to recover from.

RIP.

Niks

wow tragic news :(
rip

I hope this triggers some kind of reaction to toughen up laws... Its kinda mind-boggling how a technological advanced country is still so backwards in this aspect.

Fafnir

Life is crazy, here one day gone the next. A few hours before the accident that girl was living her dream performing and now gone.

RIP EunB.

broz0rs

My God all these auto accidents involving group idols and their van transportation, and a tragedy finally had to happen. RIP Eun B. Hope the other two girls pull through.

AReed

Condolences to those affected and my thoughts go out to them. Very sad.

It sucks that something tragic like this has to happen before changes get made.

Kuno

New reports are saying that all five ladies code members were in the vehicle. Ashley & Zuni received minor injuries. Sojung is now stabilizing but RiSe is still in critical condition.

Just to add info: the rain last night was pretty nasty, windows blowing and all.

To be honest, it doesn't excuse the fact that the driver is a total noob at driving. If the weather is as you say it was, then slow the fnck down or pull over. Especially when it's dark as fnck outside... that's seriously no excuse. I feel bad for the family of the driver but I can't really feel too bad for him.

Anyway, I never really paid attention to Ladies Code but this shit is still heartbreaking. RIP EunB and hopefully the rest recover.

Ym1r

To be honest, it doesn't excuse the fact that the driver is a total noob at driving. If the weather is as you say it was, then slow the fnck down or pull over. Especially when it's dark as fnck outside... that's seriously no excuse. I feel bad for the family of the driver but I can't really feel too bad for him.

Anyway, I never really paid attention to Ladies Code but this shit is still heartbreaking. RIP EunB and hopefully the rest recover.

Apparently the tire of the car blew out, nothing you can really do about that, except try to keep up with car maintenance.

dokish

Banned
I meant to say that Korea is fucked up. They are still in hot debates about the Sewol accident and soon there will be tons of dead teenagers again.

ramyeon

I think this is super presumptuous since we don't really know what happened besides the bad weather (And perhaps a blown tire) and EunB not wearing a seatbelt at the time, something that is all too common there and needs to change. The driver was their manager and he lost his life too, any loss of life is tragic.

giri

Apparently the tire of the car blew out, nothing you can really do about that, except try to keep up with car maintenance.

Essentially. Once a tyre blows in the wet you can't go off blaming the driver.

Save your tears for the suicide season. 수능 is coming!

Please edit your post to stop trying to drag attention to yourself, respect her, respect the injured, humble your agenda.

dokish

Banned
Why is my post offensive again?

I'm exactly pointing out the fact that Korea need major changes in several social areas. Guess what, they will not do anything about her death, and that's very sad. Koreans don't think there is anything wrong with the way they drive, foreigners are the ones who get alarmed. Brazil have the highest mortality rate with cars accidents, and guess what, I happen to be from that country. A lot of people don't give a shit, and that's bad. Car accident is because people are reckless, and all we have is inefficient advertising programs trying to raise awareness. Even if Korea does something on a political level, doesn't mean people will follow or will decrease. You have death penalty in the US and that doesn't stop people from committing crimes. IRC the US have the highest population in jail.

KKorea is trapped in a bubble. The SAT season will start and a bunch of kids will suicide. It doesn't matter that a few politicians wanna change the way education is handled when you have over half the nation believing that they need to study all day to land great jobs. If you're not studying, someone is. We have private schools that operate illegally until 2am here.

AAlso, why are we trashing the driver? She was not wearing a seat belt. Before someone distorts my words as always, this doesn't mean she deserved to die. I'm just saying is as irresponsible as someone who drinks and drive.

This will stay for a long time until Korea does something, because is not an issue for them nation-wise.

I think this is super presumptuous since we don't really know what happened besides the bad weather (And perhaps a blown tire) and EunB not wearing a seatbelt at the time, something that is all too common there and needs to change. The driver was their manager and he lost his life too, any loss of life is tragic.

Yeah, I just saw the official statement and it says "their back tire of the van fell out," now is this a mistranslation as in the tire literally fell out or was it a blow out?

But giri is right... I definitely shouldn't blame the driver. Rain or shine, if a tire decides it wants to explode, it will no matter what. And fortunately, reports say he didn't die.

except try to keep up with car maintenance.

The sad thing is, lots of things are unavoidable with proper car maintenance.

Ym1r

Yeah, I just saw the official statement and it says "their back tire of the van fell out," now is this a mistranslation as in the tire literally fell out or was it a blow out?

But giri is right... I definitely shouldn't blame the driver. Rain or shine, if a tire decides it wants to explode, it will no matter what. And fortunately, reports say he didn't die.

yep, even with all the proper maintenance in the world, it's just the luck of the draw.

ramyeon

There are definitely mixed reports that the whole tire came off and that it blew out.

I think it's totally human nature to find someone or something to place blame on when tragedies like this occur but it's definitely best to try and hold out until the proper investiagations goes through etc.

Anyway, here's hoping Rise pulls through, to have a 7 hour ongoing surgery means her condition must be quite serious and any form of injury to the head is something to be worried about.

neoism

Just to add info: the rain last night was pretty nasty, windows blowing and all.

so dokish what is the weather there usually have you been there during the winter.... I'm sure it gets cold as a mothufucku... Virginia has some crazy ass winters... Driving in Korea sounds like a nightmare though... are their any speed limits and what not...

giri

so dokish what is the weather there usually have you been there during the winter.... I'm sure it gets cold as a mothufucku... Virginia has some crazy ass winters... Driving in Korea sounds like a nightmare though... are their any speed limits and what not...

Korea has road rules, they're just regularly ignored. Someone explained that it goes back to the days they were under Japanese rule. the police were seen as Japanese enforcers, so habitually ignored, and disrespected. To show that disrespect, the populace just ignored a lot of "minor" or "petty" laws. Like road rules, and never stopped doing so. I can say in my short time in the city, it sure looked like no one really cared about any road rules. (Edit: don't want to turn this into a race debate thing though, and i only heard that recently, haven't looked into it. )

Seat belts are like a lot of Asian countries. Only required if you're in the front seats. Not in the rear.

It's summer over there at the moment (maybe just turned autumn?).

There's been no suggestion the driver was doing anything wrong though. So far most reports state that the multiple roll overs and loss of control only happened once the rear tire fell off.

It does seem to be confirmed that EunB was thrown from the vehicle though. That would suggest no seat belt for her.

Ym1r

Rise is ok now. Thank goodness.

Shes out of surgery but we don't know her condition yet. Mild concussions have favorable recovery rates, but she went in with a critical injury to the head. That's a completely different story.

Shes probably in the ICU now, she'll have to get admitted to neuro ward soon.

High chance she'll be different, but lets hope that everything goes well and she is healthy.

I really hope the Kpop world as a whole pays respect to this girl, after all, they're all collegues on the same industry and this is clearly a wake up call to things that were happening every single day and everybody was overlooking it.

Safety measures, the schedules, etc.

Top Bottom