• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I really hope the Kpop world as a whole pays respect to this girl, after all, they're all colleguess on the same industry and this is clearly a wake up call to things that were happening every single day and everybody was overlooking it.

Safety measures, the schedules, etc.
Yeah, I hope they don't just brush over it and blame weather alone. There are so many risks being taken constantly, and now they have taken a life.

Ym1r

Don't tell me that.

:[

I'm sorry, just trying to be realistic.

There's still a chance she'll be fine.

Just remember, even if there is a successful surgery, when it comes down to traumatic brain injuries, all the surgery is doing is relieving pressure created by hematomas and contusions by removing or draining them in order to prevent further damage.They can repair or remove the tissue that was damaged, but just because you were healed doesn't mean you did not take any damage. Not much can be done to fix the initial damage caused by the trauma.

It all depends on what happens next, but a coma is indicative of a poor outcome.

edit: 12:41 KST - The extent of Rise's injuries has been partially revealed. She had to be resuscitated via defibrillation, which means her heart had stopped at one point. Her brain may be dented in areas. The surgeons had to operate on her brain 3 times.

It's not looking very good for Rise either.

edit2: conflicting reports, naver article says Rise is still in surgery (?) I guess it took longer than 9 hours.

Dice

isn7XEbzJ0CAK.png

Broank

Man such an awful thing. :(

With the astonishing amount of accidents (and how it seems like nobody wears seatbelts in those vans) always had that worry there would be something beyond terrible one day.

Dice

Yeah that is them, and Sojung in the background, too.

Ym1r pointed out how if Sojung recovers okay, she will be reminded of this by her own birthday. ㅠㅠ

Biscuits

Damn, well that's depressing :( I've always been worried that something like this would happen eventually, considering how many times we've heard of other van accidents.

catmincer

Source: RiSe's surgery was stopped due to her worsening condition. She had to be put in the ICU because her blood pressure dropped too low. Thanks to /u/runchranda for the source.

:( That sounds really bad.

Pendulum

Nasty Nasty's MV came out. It was probably too late to postpone its release, but it's pretty unfortunate timing.

Same with Orange Caramel's "The Gangnam Avenue".

---

Someone mentioned earlier about hoping the K-pop industry pays its respects. I've seen many idols/rappers/artists tweeting respect and supporting those in surgery. I just hope it moves onto something bigger. Like a change in attitudes to driving laws (regardless of how much gets attributed to the van tire).

Blablurn

More specifically, they're the CSATs (College Scholastic Ability Test) that decide which Universities Korean High School students will be applicable to apply for.

They're kind of a big deal.

aaah. similar to gaokao in china. yo, thats some crazy stuff

dokish

Banned
More specifically, they're the CSATs (College Scholastic Ability Test) that decide which Universities Korean High School students will be applicable to apply for.

They're kind of a big deal.
And every year a dozen students everywhere suicide because they fail to get the perfect score.

ramyeon

And every year a dozen students everywhere suicide because they fail to get the perfect score.
Indeed, but the problem is unfortunately deeper than just the CSATs. Loss of life is always tragic, especially of someone so young. It's a bit disingenuous to compare one tragedy with another.

caesar

Banned
Can concur on the traffic here being crazy. They don't wear their seatbelt in the back either, recipe for disaster. Highest road death among OECD countries I believe.

This accident hit me really hard. Happens every once in a while in a weird way with celebrity deaths. Ladies Code was getting better and better, and now it's all gone. I don't see how they can ever do a stage without Eun Bi even if they all fully recover.

I was just starting to become a real fan with this last single. Very hard news to hear.

Can concur on the traffic here being crazy. They don't wear their seatbelt in the back either, recipe for disaster. Highest road death among OECD countries I believe.

I got really mad at Sistar's MV where they drive around without any seatbelts. Was kind of a weird thing to get mad at looking back.

No No Eul

Catching up on the latest news this morning, I'm glad to see the driver was actually OK after all and that Sojung is no longer in a critical condition. It's also heartening to see the messages and condolences pouring in from other idols. Poor Rise though. Christ I hope she pulls through.

—

A little more information concerning Dahee's situation:
On September 2, her agency Big Hit Entertainment commented to local news outlet Star News, “Dahee’s manager met with her during a visit to the police station. Dahee admitted to her actions and wanted to express her apologies.”

In regards to the idol’s future promotions, the representatives are yet to discuss the matter: “We are focusing our attention on the decision regarding the request for arrest warrant. It is too early to think about her future promotions.”

Pendulum

New statement from Polaris Entertainment. Summary:
Polaris Entertainment released the details of EunB’s wake, which is being held at the Korea University Anam Hospital.

EunB’s wake will remain in Korea University Anam Hospital until September 5th.

Meanwhile, Rise and Sojung are currently being treated at the University Hospital in Suwon. Rise, who underwent surgery for nine hours, is currently being monitored, while Sojung is stable and will receive treatment for her fractures.

Rise’s parents who are living in Japan is said to have flown to South Korea to stay with Rise whilst in hospital.

...Ashley and Zuny did not sustain any major injuries but are said to be in great shock. They are still undergoing several tests and treatments.

Kuno

Ladies' Code
I'm Fine, Thank You
--------------------------------------------

You hid your tears in front of me again
In case I could see them
Without knowing, you're late already
Today I waited only for you

I'm such a fool for calling only for you
But someday you'll look for me
Waiting for a long time, tears accumulate
And another day passes like this

---
Today I cry
I wish you happiness forever, goodbye
Sometimes I think of you and smile
I'm fine, thank you, thank you
---

As if no one is looking
You may forget about me
Even if I think of you sometimes
I'm fine, don't worry

I'm such a fool for calling only for you
But someday you'll look for me
Waiting for a long time, tears accumulate
And another day passes like this

---
Today I cry
---

When it gets hard, I miss you so much
The wind blows
If you call my name on that hill sometimes
Let me run to you and hold you tight

---
Today I cry
---

Credit

I really hope something happens on this weeks music shows, at least a brief moment of silence or something, cmon Kpop you can do it.

It´s so sad.

Kuno

Translation from a new thread on onehallyu. There was no source link given, so take it with a grain of salt.

EunB was moved to Sungbin Medical Center right after the the accident. However, she was already in cardiac arrest with open skull fracture. They didn't even try CPR. They declared her DOA.

RiSe received CPR upon arrival at the medical center and also received CPR during the surgery (this is really serious). They are assessing that even if she survives she may remain in a vegetable state.

The other girl (probably Sojung) came to Ahju Medical Center but was sent to another hospital. They said her face was just totally injured. She probably won't be able to go back being a entertainer.

The below is the actual emergency rescue (the Fire engine) report which shows seven people in the accident.

You will notice #1 and #2 are indicated as 미상 (unknown). This means their injuries were so severe they couldn't tell who they were. Those are RiSe and EnuB.

Under the column 비고, it shows that both received CPR at the site or even during the route to hospital.

At the scene were total 32 emergency crew with 11 vehicles.

They received the call at 1:21 AM and arrived at the scene at 1:39. (I think that was a pretty good response time.)

It also indicates in the report that the van was trying to avoid another car that was in the front of them which went into a skid in the rain. (Now, that may or may not be true due to this being just he said she said at the accident site.)

This was a major accident.

dea5861e30de5bdb10eb4151714a6dc4.jpg

Finally, this is really sad but it is being reported that RiSe's surgery was stopped due to the severe swelling of her brain and her blood pressure went down. She must have lost a lot of blood.

llehuty

I was just loging in to see Nasty Nasty and OC's reactions, but fuck... this is so sad. RIP EunB.

Hope the korean population wakes up with the seatbelt situation. Because this is just ridiculous.

I'm sad when a nugu group disolves or something, but this... holy shit..., so many people going to feel destroyed by this death: family, friends, company staff, fans...

RIP EunB

It's looking like the van may well have been a piece of shit.

It's nice to see "I'm Fine, Thank You" doing well in this. It's a really good song and when Pretty Pretty was my jam I'd usually skip to listen to it as well. If it helps people in this time, I think that is what she would have wanted.

What Eru tweeted is what i expect from the biggest faces in Kpop, i applaud his message.

broz0rs

welp speaking of their manager

BsoOxEiCQAAzYLz.jpg

This is a pic of the girls sleeping in the van. Pic was taken last July by their manager and posted on his Twitter account. Clearly see the girls without their seat belts and automobiles all around them indicating they were in traffic.

Top Bottom