• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Ym1r

photos and video are insanely depressing.

I've never been affected by death until EunB, Korean music is a big part of my life and knowing they can all just disappear like that... ugh

Yeah, I think Genie will get my vote for the best K-Pop song.Besides it being the song that shot Soshi and K-Pop to international stardom, it's actually a well produced track hits all the right points for a successful song.

Though to be honest, I'd say that I Got A Boy is one of the quintessential modern K-Pop songs in existence. And yes, it's because of it's jumbled mess that makes it a great sampler for what modern K-Pop is really about.

*puts on flame shield from the IGAB haters*

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
New A.Kor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcrSwNKEuJA

1) Fuck the shaky cam, I'm trying to scope Jiyoung here
2) inb4 banned for torture and burning people alive wtf
3) Okay song, tho the sound is a bit old, and it gets too messy on the chorus. I'm all for layers but you gotta arrange them properly, you know.

Blablurn

Thanks everyone for telling me your fav kpop songs!

Unrelated:

dKLzfAI.png

Nana!

I hope she goes the slutty route at some point. I wanna see her reaching Hyunas level. Oh my.

Blablurn

Looking at everyones favourite songs it seems like especially those songs from 2009 to 2011 left a huge mark in everyones head.

I agree with that. Those songs were the bomb. Everyone was on a top tier level.

ramyeon

Hyori - 10 Minutes

Also a lil older. But still so good.
I remember when this album and video came out, it was a pretty big deal. Kpop had never really been that sexy before lol.

Edit: Also remember being super excited when CSJH debuted since I had been a big fan of Dana's older solo stuff. Thought they'd surely be the next big thing.

How wrong I was lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBylxf0SuCw

It's still an awesome song to this day too, they deserved better.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Music Bank canceled tonight because of a baseball game.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate sports?

Pendulum

Sojung has successfully finished surgery for her facial fractures. She is currently in the recovery rooms. Doctors say that she is recovering quickly

Concerning RiSe's condition, a hospital official told Korea Daily, "Right now the biggest concern is whether she will be able to survive or not. She has yet to regain consciousness. She is still in neurosurgical intensive care to address the significant injuries to the head." When asked, "Due to the extent of the damage, wouldn't there likely be problems even if she were to wake up?" the response was, "Miss Kwon remains in critical condition. The most immediate issue is her survival. That they interrupted her surgery shows how serious her condition is."

Zuny and Ashley were by EunBi's mother throughout the service and that they hugged her when she was crying. Confirms that Super Junior, Girls Day, Secret, Kara, actor Yang Dong Geun and composer were at the funeral.

----

Let's Dance: Nasty Nasty(네스티네스티) _ KNOCK(노크)
Kyungri and Sojin "twerking"

----

MV for Sistar's "I Swear" accused of plagiarism.

----

Favorite K-Pop song? Just one from amongst the pantheon? Then "I Go Crazy Because Of You" from the best
repackaged
K-Pop album ever.

No No Eul

I've been mulling this one over for a couple of days and I'm still not quite sure what to think. I mean they've clearly borrowed a few general ideas and the occasional specific shot from that Tiesto video. Then again, I feel like there are more differences than than there are similarities and at the end of the day, they're both pretty generic summer MVs anyway. I'm not sure accusations of full on plagiarism are really justified.

luso

Ideas were borrowed, that's for sure, that doesn't mean it's a totally copied MV but they could had avoid it. Some shots are just almost the same, that jumping over the fence to get to the pool scene is blatant, so many ways to shoot a house break-in... Even the car-wash uses the same water color.

luso

Too many to post, even if I don't listen to them much. Title tracks only?

About EXID, remember this one, is great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enrUVf_JTz8
damn, that accident scene at the beginning

GDs Expectation.

Miss A's Touch (whole album)

Kara's Lupin is great, also Honey is cute.

Gee is already a canon so it's hard to tell if I like or if it's because is recorded in my brain forever, also Genie and Run Devil Run.

Bloom is also great, 10 minutes still good!

Abracadbra and Mister also defines 2009. No Abo, I agree, great.

Fiction and BB's Lies, 2PM's Agian and Again

T-ara's Crazy because of you.

I'm sure forgot many, lol.

ev0

Should also mention S.E.S - I'm Your Girl since that was my initiation into Korean girl groups as well. Still gets me bopping my head when I hear it to this day. Not as important to me as H.O.T's We Are The Future though.

Thumbs up for your old school taste. I listened to the heck out of I'm Your Girl. I transferred it it not mini-disc. WATF is great as well.

I dunno if I can name a fave song, but I really really really dug Turbo.

Pendulum

Primary should have done his society-appointed "reflection period" by now. I need a new song from him with Zion T and Gaeko.

----

T-ara comeback next week and no official teasers yet. Is CCM actually learning from their previous protracted build-ups?

----

Edit:
Kara's first appearance on Weekly Idol is being shown across 2 weeks. First aired just a day or so ago so no subs yet, but here it is anyway. Probably the most disorganised Random Play Dance segment ever.

Top Bottom