• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

SNSD extended their contract with SM for 3 years.

Hopefully they get more creative freedom on the new conditions of their contract.

eunjung9.gif

AReed

SNSD members will be starting individual activities in September. Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun will be promoting as the subunit Taetiseo. They released the song ‘Whisper’ on the 13th and took over the charts and will have a showcase on the 16th. Sooyoung is filming her first drama as a female lead, MBC’s Weds Thurs drama ‘My Spring Days’. Sunny is the host of MBC FM4U’s ‘FM Date’ and will be participating in season 2 of ‘Roommate’. Yoona, Yuri, and Jessica will be participating in dramas, movies, and variety shows.

"... and Hyoyeon will continue club hopping with Min."

luso

Very nice, and flamboyant, expected from TTS.

I don't get why SM seems to insist on such tacky styling for their videos when their teaser photo shoots lately have all been so on point.

Song doesn't sound as good as Whisper from the snippet here.

Why tacky? You should already know what to expect from Twinkle. As for the teasers, some scenes are on point I guess.
tumblr_nbxizcExsZ1rp2chco1_1280.jpg

Nice. Judging only when it comes out.

luso

I suppose this extension will have also different clauses and conditions, specially when they are already established as a group, with boyfriends, and different gigs, I'm sure they have some more freedom than before. They will mainly focus on individual acts, and only from time to time, promote together. I can also see China as the next market for them (well, already ongoing for a while).

Peru

Fuck, really? All I want is Taeyeon solo at this point.
But I guess it's the only way to go for the others.
Brand name too strong.

TTS pre release track all killed the charts, they're still elite tier unlike the other groups of their generation, no reason to split.

Loci

TTS pre release track all killed the charts, they're still elite tier unlike the other groups of their generation, no reason to split.

Of course, they are.
Still, one could say they've made enough dosh over the years and are finally bored of jumping around on stage (which they obviously are)

Pendulum

I suppose this extension will have also different clauses and conditions, specially when they are already established as a group, with boyfriends, and different gigs, I'm sure they have some more freedom than before. They will mainly focus on individual acts, and only from time to time, promote together. I can also see China as the next market for them (well, already ongoing for a while).

Super Junior mode engaged
The sponsorship deals alone would be worth resigning for another 3 years.

Well it's hard to tell from a teaser, but I like Whisper a lot more so far.

Lol Hyoyeon.

Also pls Yoona to Running Man Burger King.

Fixed it for ya.

Has Mamma Mia done poorly?

Verbal Jint feat Eddy Kim - I Smell Autumn MV

Cuddler

Global Request Show : A Song For You 3 - Ep.8 with god
First time I've watched this show (Shindong was one the MCs in this episode), it's really interesting if you like god. I like what Joon Park said to Kim Tae Woo when he started caring too much about his appearance, I feel like someone should have said this to ShinDong too in the past. And lol at Joon Park touching Kim Tae Woo chest and even ShinDong chest in the past like it was nothing. But even more lol at Amber at the end when she was reading a chart about the most popular songs on soompi. When she arrived at Hyuna "Red", she started singing the song and changed the lyrics in "Hyuna's butt is red", lol and during Sistar "Touch my body" she started singing and than she started saying, no no, don't touch my body, touch their bodies, lol. She's really great.

JKTrix

Destiny and Smash Bros took over the brainspace I had reserved for Kpop this last week, but now I'm all caught up.

Seohyun hype

giri

Lol Hyoyeon.

Also pls Yoona to Running Man.

Do you hate Running Man? Why would you want to kill RM's ratings like that?

Sounds mediocre. Would have preferred more twinkle.

name me one kpop idol who is prettier than nana? i cant think of one.

I'm just going to list as hot as nana, not going to say hotter.

Fei, Jia, Yura, Sojin, Hyeri, Eunjung, PJY, Hyomin, hara, Hyejeong, Yuna, Seolhyun, Choass...

And thats only across like 5 groups. Nana's hot, there's no doubt. But kpop is stacked with hotties. It's what makes it great. And you haven't even addressed the rest of AS there. Uee GOAT athletics wear model.

Oh, Kyungri.

Do you hate Running Man? Why would you want to kill RM's ratings like that?

Sounds mediocre. Would have preferred more twinkle.

I'm just going to list as hot as nana, not going to say hotter.

Fei, Jia, Yura, Sojin, Hyeri, Eunjung, PJY, Hyomin, hara, Hyejeong, Yuna, Seolhyun, Choass...

And thats only across like 5 groups. Nana's hot, there's no doubt. But kpop is stacked with hotties. It's what makes it great. And you haven't even addressed the rest of AS there. Uee GOAT athletics wear model.

Oh, Kyungri.

Jia? What the fuck is wrong with you? Only way you could have been wronger is if you said CL or Bom or something. Rest of the list is alright. Some I agree with, some I disagree with. But Jia? Come the fuck on. She's barely attractive.

giri

Jia? What the fuck is wrong with you? Only way you could have been wronger is if you said CL or Bom or something. Rest of the list is alright. Some I agree with, some I disagree with. But Jia? Come the fuck on. She's barely attractive.

I can't hate on Jia. I just can't.

And personal bias would have seen me add Min. She's been killing it for a while.

ramyeon

I have to say, 괜찮아, 사랑이야 (It's Okay, It's Love) is one of the best, if not the best, Korean dramas I've seen in years.

ev0

Might be old news, but a Windows Surface Pro 3 song commercial came on and it had a 2ne1 track. I was like wtf??

JKTrix

I have to say, 괜찮아, 사랑이야 (It's Okay, It's Love) is one of the best, if not the best, Korean dramas I've seen in years.
I just started watching that last night, on the recommendation of someone I know IRL who has a vague idea of what I don't like about dramas. Knowing it has a decent ending will push me through it.

ramyeon

I just started watching that last night, on the recommendation of someone I know IRL who has a vague idea of what I don't like about dramas. Knowing it has a decent ending will push me through it.
It's pretty strong the whole way through, once I started getting into it after a few episodes I couldn't stop watching. Great performances, great soundtrack and it's always nice to see popular TV shows like this covering subject matter that need more attention in Korea.

It gets pretty emotional later on but never in a way that feels manipulative or forced, something a lot of Korean dramas fall victim to. And yeah, the ending was fantastic.

Top Bottom