• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Ym1r

I have to say, 괜찮아, 사랑이야 (It's Okay, It's Love) is one of the best, if not the best, Korean dramas I've seen in years.

I finished Fated to love you just the other day and started this one.

I feel like it starts kinda messy though, but its much better atm. I'm on episode 5

ramyeon

I finished Fated to love you just the other day and started this one.

I feel like it starts kinda messy though, but its much better atm. I'm on episode 5
Yeah it did start a bit messy, I think there was some questionable editing in the first episode particularly. But then again a lot of my issues with that episode are also due to quirks in the characters that make sense later on in the series.

Man I totally forgot how good Narsha's I'm In Love was.

A friend's band is covering the song for some local K-talent show or whatever and I subbed in on rhythm guitar today and I was already grooving to the song within the first few bars. They actually wanted me to perform with them since I've got stage presence(read: looking like as if I'm really enjoying playing) compared to the other guy but idk if I can lol.

ramyeon

Zhang Li Yin's video on SMTOWN's channel is being spammed by impatient SONEs demanding the TTS video lol. Giving them lots of views at the same time I bet.

Edit: Holler is better than I expected from the preview.

Slowdive

Banned
The mini album is pretty good. Only listened to it once but I like Adrenaline the most so far. Holler is probably the worst on the album.

ramyeon

Whisper is still the best track on the mini imo.

Only U is a really generic ballad, Whisper is a ballad done right.

Also, I really want Tiffany to just not rap.

That break in Holler was amazing! Too bad the rest of the song is just meh. I'll listen to the entire mini later.

Also, I don't wanna admit this but I'm gonna eat crow on 2PM's release. The MV sucks but goddamn Go Crazy is catchy as fnck and almost all of the album is fan-freakin'-tastic!

ramyeon

I'm going to go against the grain and say that Holler makes sense as the title track here.

At the very least it's a much better choice than Stay, Only U or EYES which all feel like B-Sides to me. From a commercial standpoint it probably makes more sense than Whisper as well.

I'm going to go against the grain and say that Holler makes sense as the title track here.

At the very least it's a much better choice than Stay, Only U or EYES which all feel like B-Sides to me. From a commercial standpoint it probably makes more sense than Whisper as well.

My thoughts exactly, Holler is the only track with everything to be a single.

I disagree about "Only U", the song is arranged and written by Seobaby, gotta give her credits, it´s way too good.

K1LLER7

That break in Holler was amazing! Too bad the rest of the song is just meh. I'll listen to the entire mini later.

Also, I don't wanna admit this but I'm gonna eat crow on 2PM's release. The MV sucks but goddamn Go Crazy is catchy as fnck and almost all of the album is fan-freakin'-tastic!
Yeah 2PM album is great. Their Korean releases have been solid.

Not really feeling Holler. Liked Whisper and Stay.

ramyeon

My thoughts exactly, Holler is the only track with everything to be a single.

I disagree about "Only U", the song is arranged and written by Seobaby, gotta give her credits, it´s way too good.
Props to her for arranging and writing the song, but it definitely feels a bit generic to me. Nothing wrong with it, it's pleasing to listen to, but next to Whisper it feels a bit lacking.

Props to her for arranging and writing the song, but it definitely feels a bit generic to me. Nothing wrong with it, it's pleasing to listen to, but next to Whisper it feels a bit lacking.

Yeah, Whisper is on another level, no way to argue that.

I find it quite amazing, she has improved so much over the years that this is like the ice in the cake, she should be proud for sure.

I hate Tiffany, more than ever now, her disgusting nasal tone makes me want to mute her every time she sings. She sounds like choking most of the time iugh.

I find it quite amazing, she has improved so much over the years that this is like the ice in the cake, she should be proud for sure.

I hate Tiffany, more than ever now, her disgusting nasal tone makes me want to mute her every time she sings. She sounds like choking most of the time iugh.

That strained note during Mr Mr was the worst thing ever.

Okay, yeah I can see why they released Holler as the single. Too bad it's just not that good. And yeah the mini is just okay.

Also Fany singing "nasally" is a byproduct of her valley-girl status. It's the reason why California girls(not the song) sound fncking terrible to listen to. That said, it's really not that bad tbh. Her nasally tone, is often due to the fact that she has no control of her voice. Combine that lack of control with her valley-girl accent, you get this extremely nasally sounding tone.

neoism

O_O goddamn

neoism

I'm okay with Tiffany as long as she doesn't rap.

I kind of agree in a weird way.. its funny both fany and jess its really cringe worthy hearing them both speak in english.. I hate it, fany's Korean is sooo much better now. I also HATE rap also like in general... I do think fany can sing really good, but yeah she doesn't have very good control over it.. But shes soo smokin so itsK :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Happy birthday OC! I can say that because it still is in Cali.

As for me, you missed your chance...
or it was stated earlier, I haven't actually checked.

Hyo preparing that solo debut.

BxoTR0-IMAI7v_6.jpg:large

Fafnir

Did a quick listen, pretty disappointed. There's not one song that I wanted to go back and listen to. At least the 1st album had "Library".

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Did a quick listen, pretty disappointed. There's not one song that I wanted to go back and listen to. At least the 1st album had "Library".
I haven't listened to this new album yet but ^5 for Library being the only good one off the last album.

dokish

Banned
Congratulations! I am pleased to inform you that you now have been officially accepted into the undergraduate program of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies. Please check the following for the enrollment.

Good. Now I'll live here forever. After I graduate I will ask for naturalization.

Cheers!

dokish

Banned
Thanks. I'll call the wife and say we're celebrating this Saturday.

I'll follow rams recommendation and start watching that drama. The main is cute.

Would be really cool instead of hand-shaking events we have hair sniffing events.

2245B2465347F74F20EF1E

Blablurn

So I started watching "Its okay its love". 3 or 4 episodes in. I wonder if there will be some real story at some point :D Or is it only a lovable back and forth between the main actors?

ramyeon

So I started watching "Its okay its love". 3 or 4 episodes in. I wonder if there will be some real story at some point :D Or is it only a lovable back and forth between the main actors?
Of course there is, but it's a story about the characters. Specifically about their pasts and how that continues to affect them and their relationships with others in the present day. I'm not sure why you feel there's no story at 4 episodes in, by episode 6 I was already pretty in love with the majority of the characters.

Peru

welcome to kdramas

Not really, k-dramas are usually high concept as fuck with the most absurd plot elements to catch people's attentions. If this drama really is more laid-back on plot and interested in character interaction I'm def interested.

Blablurn

welcome to kdramas

Believe me. It's not the first one I'm watching.

I'm just waiting for a deeper story haha.

I loved Cunning Single Lady. This one for example had the whole "company story" around the love triangle.

Ah man. Cunning Single Lady was really good.

Of course there is, but it's a story about the characters. Specifically about their pasts and how that continues to affect them and their relationships with others in the present day. I'm not sure why you feel there's no story at 4 episodes in, by episode 6 I was already pretty in love with the majority of the characters.

Alright! Thanks :D I like the characters too. The guy more than the girl surprisingly.

ramyeon

Believe me. It's not the first one I'm watching.

I'm just waiting for a deeper story haha.

I loved Cunning Single Lady. This one for example had the whole "company story" around the love triangle.

Ah man. Cunning Single Lady was really good.

Alright! Thanks :D I like the characters too. The guy more than the girl surprisingly.
If you want love triangles and the sort you're going to be disappointed. This is very much a character driven story. Most of the drama comes from the mental health issues each character is struggling with or past trauma in their lives.

Jo Insung's character shines to the very end, but Gong Hyojin is equally as impressive in this. I also really came to love Kwangsoo's character pretty quickly too.

Blablurn

If you want love triangles and the sort you're going to be disappointed. This is very much a character driven story. Most of the drama comes from the mental health issues each character is struggling with or past trauma in their lives.

Jo Insung's character shines to the very end, but Gong Hyojin is equally as impressive in this. I also really came to love Kwangsoo's character pretty quickly too.

I will continue then :)

Top Bottom