• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

luso

I don't know the musical term but that Holler's key changes in the middle are great. Complains about rapping? it's 5 seconds, you barely notice. Too many "Holler" though, it can be a little ear sore.
As said, this track form the mini had to be the title track. I wonder how hard will be their dance routine, probably less than what the MV implies.

MV should be out soon, either soon after the showcase, or likely at the same time of other releases. Album comes with a photobook.

Overall it's a good mini, and I also think Whisper is the best song.

Edit: Sexy performance.
KWQ2V6e.jpg

I saw 3 minutes of the new Rains & Krystal drama, and I already saw a few cliches. Anyone will follow that? For now I will have only some time to follow Sooyoung's.

luso

lol croches, true.

Choreo has probably only a few seconds of spread legs parts or similar, but pervert photographers ehehehe

If you believe on that oniontaker, seems the girls had participation on making this album (or at least what is possible to do under SM), Tiffany with MV general concept and they apparently chose the songs.
Well, it is at least believable since now they are veterans and worked to be where they are now, also the renewal (which I bet it was done months before the news) likely to have some of this "freedom" somewhere.

Shizuka

When are we getting the Holler MV? I thought it'd be out by now, I won't be able to handle another "one week delay" like they did with Mr Mr.

Rheon

Welp, I guess we know where the Mr.Mr. budget went. The Holler MV looks expensive as fuck.

And Taeyeon looks so happy in those showcase pics, glad to see that.

Selane

welcome to kdramas

You can expect things to follow a pretty predictable formula, until the ratings start to go down and they suddenly audible to a completely different storyline to try to bring viewers back in and it somehow just gets even worse.

Ym1r

Korean movies are always done better, and I would rather recommend them over any k-drama.

A Moment To Remember is one of my favorites, The Classic, 200 Pound Beauty, A Tale of Two Sisters, Fighter in the Wind, they are all great.

I think the only drama I legitimately liked as much as movies was Reply 1997. And also one the reasons I believe length of a drama is extremely important.

Reply 1997 had some shorter episodes, they had limited time to work with, so they had to get points across much cleaner. It's the main reason why Reply 1994 was sloppier than 97. They had 21 one hour long episodes to work with, the series got drawn out in order to meet the time slot.

Anyways the usual 16 episode k-drama follows the path:
Episode 1-8ish = Character Development, small subplots
Episode 9-14(or maybe halfway up until 15) = the mother of all plots (cliche plot twist) inserted and dealt with.
Episode 16 = Terrible ending that doesn't justify wasting 16 hours of your life.

I generally enjoy the first half of k-dramas, but the second half is just done so poorly most of the time that it really kills it, and the only reason why I want to finish is because I don't like being hung from a cliff.

20 episode dramas generally follow a similar format, just stretched out character development, and/or plot.

JKTrix

Seohyun often gets visually nerfed somehow when she's with the other girls, but lately when she gets her own shoots...

Bri7j.gif

My favourite K-drama is still Giant. Admittedly haven't seen many, and very few to the end.

No No Eul

I can't remember which one of you monsters posted that Hitchhiker video but it's been going round and round in my head for days. The song's sort of great and yet sort of massively irritating.

luso

Tiffany has instagram now. Finally.

http://instagram.com/xolovestephi

That was a surprise.

Also, new Taeyeon instavid

TTS will perform Adrenaline and Holler on MCountdown.

random fan account found on twitter said:
“Tae was like a freaking beast twerking, she owned it, Seo too, tiff did good but not as good”

I don't really see dramas, I just check out some episodes once in a while, I'm more into movies. As for nowadays, I'm only checking Sooyoung's.

EDIT:
short Adrenaline fancam

luso

17th, no official confirmation, but it's already that day in Korea and is the day before first music show, so... probably at the time of the previous teasers.

Iku-Turso

I can't remember which one of you monsters posted that Hitchhiker video but it's been going round and round in my head for days. The song's sort of great and yet sort of massively irritating.

Same here, I can't get it out of my head !

I haven't seen many Kdramas but from what I've seen I like Jdramas better. I couldn't finish Spy Myung Wol because I got irritated by the constant "I love you"/ "Not anymore" going on between the main characters... Once is okay, twice acceptable, after 27 times you just want to slap your television.

I think my favorite Kdrama is Nine Times Travel. It's far from being perfect but it was different enough from the rest to justify its viewing. It's only 20 episodes long and can get pretty dark at times, you keep wondering how far they'll go...

Fafnir

The TaeTiSeo Ep 3. Today is MY day.

Maknae working out.
I've never found nail art so fascinating until now.
Oh damn it's Seohyun's SM friend that got cut. Clear difference between civilians and idols.
Maknae sipping on the makeoli.
Kind of a dull episode, the calm before the storm of promotions.

qNxIAPm.gif
6w9a4Je.gif

uMhTqOj.gif
ntF2JU9.gif

XI2CvKN.gif
NxdE6Xa.gif

02flPq3.gif
mG9ARPa.gif

y4JP4SZ.gif
7JW1pf5.gif

mr_chun

I got irritated by the constant "I love you"/ "Not anymore" going on between the main characters... Once is okay, twice acceptable, after 27 times you just want to slap your television.
Don't ever watch the original Full House w/Rain and Song Hye Kyo. It's agonizing lol.

2PM's Go Crazy and Pull&Pull have been on repeat all day.

Last time I heard Holler was when my phone played it by itself.

Also, hilarious text from my friend who calls Fany a horse:

2PM and TTS are promoting at the same time. Coincidence? I think not.

I feel bad for the janitors who gotta clean up after the music shows.

Intentional spoiler for added dramatic effect lol.

luso

Don't ever watch the original Full House w/Rain and Song Hye Kyo. It's agonizing lol.

It also immediately popped in my mind. It was frustrating and she was also treated badly.

They are stunning and it's a very eye candy MV. Has too many cuts though.
Loving all the styles, Taeyeon is a temptress.
This is what a SNSD MV should be, as it was IGAB, sadly Mr Mr had that rushed and muted visuals due data loss...

I already said, a little less "Holler!" yelling would be nicer. The voices seemed too muted, this is related to the mix probably. Waiting for live performances!

tumblr_nc1c41l45N1rp2chco1_500.jpg

xolovestephi said:
whoops wrong # omg im still so new to this i meant http://instagram.com/jeff__benjamin

Not intentional but that white text box looks they're covering nudity. Also lol Tiffany.

Gorjess

Meanwhile, younger Jung...

My two favorite dramas are probably Dae Jang Geum and Thorn Birds. I have a thing for dramas where the main characters suffer a lot of hardships and mistreatment, and DJG and TB both have that in spades. Especially DJG. DJG also has an amazing soundtrack, far superior to any other drama I've seen so far.

Some examples:
And my favorite

As expected the TTS mini is great. And also as expected, Holler is among the weakest songs on the mini. Come on SM... Only U and Whisper are my two favorite songs so far. Also like Adrenaline and Stay. Eyes and Holler are alright I guess.

Hello Venus are coming back soon with a new member and a Brave Brothers produced album.

This is exciting. I mean, they lost their best member, but this will be the follow up to Would You Stay For Tea which was amazing, so I'm still hyped.

I finished Fated to love you just the other day and started this one.

I feel like it starts kinda messy though, but its much better atm. I'm on episode 5

I thought you couldn't stand Gong Hyo Jin.

Top Bottom