• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

giri

Nicoles Bday today
tumblr_mtuhd3CukH1ql0xjyo1_250.gif
tumblr_mtuhd3CukH1ql0xjyo2_250.gif

tumblr_mtuhd3CukH1ql0xjyo3_250.gif

tumblr_mtuhd3CukH1ql0xjyo4_250.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
you really need to learn the difference between image size and effective resolution

No No Eul

allkpop said:
DSP Media revealed to media outlet Star News on the 6th, "Nicole, who shows no intention of renewing her contract, will have her contract end as scheduled this coming January. Even if Nicole leaves Kara, there are no plans to recruit new member(s)."

"Given each member's already established image and popularity, we are hesitant to recruit a new member and reorganize the team. Although there are speculations of possibly recruiting a new member, if you look only at the current situation, the possibility of that happening is considerably low."

The agency also assured that this will not affect KARA's Japanese tour, stating, "The final date for their Japanese arena tour has been set for Kobe on November 24. Until the tour ends, all five members will perform on stage together as planned."

I'm quite surprised by the lack of finality to DSP's various statements. It seems that as far as they're concerned, Nicole could still renew her contract if she wanted to, although clearly she doesn't. Not at the moment anyway. The ball seems to be firmly in her court though.

Wow. Pretty flawless really.

E-Young said:

Taeyeon said:

Apparently Jisook has a blog. As you might expect, it mostly concerns food. :D

giri

I'm quite surprised by the lack of finality to DSP's various statements. It seems that as far as they're concerned, Nicole could still renew her contract if she wanted to, although clearly she doesn't. Not at the moment anyway. The ball seems to be firmly in her court though.

Nicole has come out and said she'd renew with DSP as a kara member, but won't re-sign with them for ALL of her activities. Only as a kara member and kara promo. All solo stuff she wants to handle her self/sign elsewhere.

Which........ makes sense.

And DSP will probably have to suck it up and take that, because they need Kara money.

No No Eul

Nicole has come out and said she'd renew with DSP as a kara member, but won't re-sign with them for ALL of her activities. Only as a kara member and kara promo. All solo stuff she wants to handle her self/sign elsewhere.

Which........ makes sense.

And DSP will probably have to suck it up and take that, because they need Kara money.

I really hope DSP has the common sense to do so.

Japanese lolz

Or Chinese it seems. Anyway Taeyeon's shopped pic is the point ahah.

Hahaha. The original if anyone wants to compare and contrast:

That picture of Jessica though...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yoonji just deleted a tweet that said "No more"

Unni is sick of this shit!

Pendulum

IU's "Modern Times" audio is out. Who is listening? Just started myself, but am really getting into it.

---------

Muses hype

tumblr_mub5peHFA71qkljdfo1_r4_500.jpg

tumblr_mua9lr93841syqw27o1_500.jpg

---------

Yo Dice - Hani 1, Hani 2

---------

Edit: Great to see Minah and Yura on Running Man again this week.

Eldren

That new SHINee track has some pretty cool choreography:

gif167_by_dreamboyy-d6pjkk1.gif

Japanese lolz

Or Chinese it seems. Anyway Taeyeon's shopped pic is the point ahah.

Yesss, Sunny stays winning.

iiqJdck2sHLzH.gif

That photoshop is embarrassing though...

a4b8e2e7gw1e9cy209ypng207u08vkjn.gif

Ha, real smooth. Still not entirely sure why they'd send Jessica when they actually have a member who speaks Chinese...

ixXifu2OPVjCc.gif

Fake edit but oh my god Kyungri. So excited for Prima Donna.

Eldren

Re: Nicole, I'm hoping this line

Regarding that point, it seems we will have to have future discussions.

means there is some chance they can come to a compromise. Come on, DSP. Don't be idiots.

-----

I missed this earlier, but this

tumblr_mubcujYtTf1qkljdfo1_500.jpg

is one regal looking album cover. Love those colours.

giri

Re: Nicole, I'm hoping this line

means there is some chance they can come to a compromise. Come on, DSP. Don't be idiots.

Either DSP are far more incompetent than first thought, or they're trying to soften a hard line stance by feigning ignorance. Either way, they come off looking stupid.

luso

It is as if DSP is not willing to explore the other path for Nicole (under contract for KARA only) for the status quo, meaning this is not what (major) agencies wants, it can be for them unstable terrain. Image more top groups members starting doing the same. DSP is resisting even if it means a blow to KARA brand.

giri

It is as if DSP is not willing to explore the other path for Nicole (under contract for KARA only) for the status quo, meaning this is not what (major) agencies wants, it can be for them unstable terrain. Image more top groups members starting doing the same. DSP is resisting even if it means a blow to KARA brand.

It makes them look amatureish.

The only major group you have that is basically propping up the rest of your agency and you:

1) Release a press release stating that one member is leaving definitely, and maybe another.
2) Negotiations are done and no resolution was possible
3)In this Release you don't clarify any details about the upcoming concert tours of Japan at all, or an anticipated end date for the members activities.

which leads to
4)The member responds stating that negotiations haven't finished. They're willing to re-sign but under a different contract,
5) That they were surprised you released a press release otherwise without any consultation and corrections to the "facts".

Which leads to
6)DSP releasing a statement saying they were caught off guard by the member releasing her own statement (ugh, seriously DSP?)
7)You had no idea the member was open to possibly staying on. You will investigate.

So either DSP have been caught out in a horribly executed attempted PR stunt, really didn't actually try to negotiate at all or sort it out (and this was coming for the last 2 years, you seriously haven't talked this shit out yet?), or several departments with in the company are not talking to each other and the company is in a shambles.

I'm not sure who exactly is handling it on Nicole's end, so i don't know how well that's being handled. I know Nicole takes a lot of advice from her Mum but she's not stupid, she would surely have her own agent or management to handle that negotiation.

But i do know DSP are handling their shit incredibly poorly. If not for that first release, there's a lot here that could have been handled behind closed doors and never seen by the public.

Top Bottom