• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You know who else fits that Mold?

Taeyeon.
There is a distinction between being "pro-" and simply being. Then again, I'm pretty sure Taeyeon isn't Catholic.

Taeyeon mini BoA confirmed.
This is funny to think about because BoA is only 2 1/2 years older than Taeyeon.

Does that blow your mind?

Sohee listed as Buddhist. Must be Zen because that girl has no fucks to give.

giri

There is a distinction between being "pro-" and simply being. Then again, I'm pretty sure Taeyeon isn't Catholic.

This is funny to think about because BoA is only 2 1/2 years older than Taeyeon.

I think you mean campaign, not pro. Tae is actually pro LBGT.

And no, it doesn't. does show how awesome BoA is tho.

luso

At the awards
tumblr_muck4mWgdu1skbx5co2_1280.jpg

hcELCAJ.jpg

Later
tumblr_muclmxNgCg1ryot7ro1_500.jpg

Even later, with a fan

Stonehenge with Krystal

Taeyeon

No No Eul

Contract dispute summary.

Very well put, sir.

나인뮤지스[9MUSES] - 건(GUN) Official Teaser.
http://youtu.be/UUJHMR_Swco

AOA - 흔들려 (Confused) M/V Teaser

http://youtu.be/v1K9lZBw4gg

Hype.

Double hype.

ib0BpDRYEDTmnM.gif

My "inside sources" back up some articles saying BoA quit K-pop Star because she wanted less disruption to her career, especially in Japan, and not because SM wanted to get out.

I was amused by the PD's assertion that BoA's departure from the show was totally his plan all along.

What do you think? Is the list mostly conjecture and misinterpretation of things idols have said?

That was my first reaction. It almost seems like the person who compiled the list assumed that everyone was Christian by default, unless an idol had explicitly stated otherwise. On the other hand, maybe it is accurate and some of them are just more keen than others. If I remember correctly, Fany, Sooyoung and Seohyun gather together and say a prayer before performing. The other apparently Christian members don't seem to be all that bothered.

SKT CF with Yoona and Sulli

Stonehenge Photoshoot BTS with Jessica and Krystal (and with different music to the one luso posted)

Jisook said:

LE said:
어제 촬영장에서 찍은 사진 던지구 갈게용* i miss u guys so much. plz wait for us. then we`ll come back soon. =) ♥

Peru

For the Korean proficient among y'all.. IU visiting BFF Inna is always worth a listen http://youtu.be/XdJbuGkT4Y0

Short acoustic 'Bad Day' version at 29:50

Cruelly informs us she's played Inna countless self-written songs, unpublished. Loen what are you doing?

Eldren

I'm so late on this but AAAAAHHHHH Nine Muses! Damn I'm excited. They all look so good. Sungah looks amazing, but this...

tumblr_mubycmEUaS1r0xrqho1_500.gif

My favourite Muse <3 Need that MV ASAP please!

Edit: This level of fanservice... based Nine Muses

That guy is very nearly in tears, and I absolutely cannot blame him. That is some amazing fanservice.

Everyone in 9 Muses looks the same to me except the dimples one. No other group is like that for me.

I don't mean literally looking the exact same, just that it'd take a long time to put any names to faces so who can be effed.

I actually felt this way with Soshi for a while, I really struggled with Seohyun, Yoona and Yuri. Nine Muses in comparison was simple.

(._.)

Banned
Since when was Jessica Christian? These weirdos that write these fan articles need to stop making shit up. Jessica said she accompanies her friends to church sometimes. Never said she was Christian. My baby Krystal and her big sis are not Christian as far as we know and they probably would have said they are if they actually were.

Eldren

Damn, I wish I'd been following K-PopGAF when I first discovered Soshi, this would have made things so much easier. I was just Googling "[song name] [member name]" so I could see who was who in each MV. It probably didn't help that I started with Gee, where they all had long dark hair and dressed the same. Looking back it's like "well it's obvious who that one is" but at the time it was a struggle.

That screensaver really bugs me. I love the concept and the execution, and they all look great, except they gave Hyoyeon yet another terrible hairstyle. I don't like that straight fringe look on anyone. It's hard to watch videos or look at photos from the Hoot and RDR eras when she had that really horrible curled over fringe going on.

Thank god for The Boys

iyxH6FUddwyHX.gif

Really liked the IU album. Red Shoes was overproduced though. Had such a cheesy swing feel to it. A song written by a committee. Didn't like it that much. Especially for an album called Modern Times. Best tracks are Between the Lips and Gloomy Clock.

Pendulum

For the Korean proficient among y'all.. IU visiting BFF Inna is always worth a listen http://youtu.be/XdJbuGkT4Y0

Cruelly informs us she's played Inna countless self-written songs, unpublished. Loen what are you doing?

Ahh fucksticks. I need a translator. There's a Heroes shaped hole in my heart that this needs to fill.

I actually felt this way with Soshi for a while, I really struggled with Seohyun, Yoona and Yuri. Nine Muses in comparison was simple.

Glad I wasn't the only one. The Muses were much easier by comparison (or perhaps I had just gotten better at it in general when I stumbled across them?). The last two to distinguish between for me were Erin and Lee Sem in some performances, but that didn't last long.

Haha just had an interview in Korean on my city's Korean language radio show. Awkward as.

You can't leave us hanging like that, mate. :)

---------------

Haven't seen any T-ara hype from CCM in a while apart from the shoddy-quality image below for the second song "I Know The Feeling". Train delayed at station? Get off your arse, KKS the Fat Controller.

BV8cokCCAAASz3P.jpg

Save the day, Jiyeon...

luso

GAF hyped by 9muses so much! Members don't do much to me (I really don't follow them) but at least music has been good.

AOA dance & sound reminds me of Sistar.

IU's new song MV is fun to watch, and she is really cute but more mature at the same time. I haven't listened to any other song.

By the way, has Gang Kidz died? I think I asked this 6 months ago...

Pendulum

By the way, has Gang Kidz died? I think I asked this 6 months ago...

Signs point to yes.
With no releases for the remainder of 2012, Gangkiz was set to make a comeback in early 2013. However, after opening CCM's official fancafé, it was revealed that the only two remaining members of Gangkiz were Esther and Hyeji. Haein confirmed her departure of the group, while all the other members are presumed to have departed too. Core Contents Media has not yet released a statement.

-------

Kyungri said:

-------

Sojin said:

ramyeon

How do we listen!
Haha I don't think they have an online archive or anything :( it was pretty odd though, they wanted to interview a foreigner who's good at Korean so my friend recommended me and they asked me on.

Pretty cool experience I guess haha.

IU's album is actually fucking brilliant, don't wanna listen to anything else at the moment.

giri

Haha I don't think they have an online archive or anything :( it was pretty odd though, they wanted to interview a foreigner who's good at Korean so my friend recommended me and they asked me on.

Pretty cool experience I guess haha.

IU's album is actually fucking brilliant, don't wanna listen to anything else at the moment.

We have a korean radio station?

Welp, learn something new all the time.

giri

Seriously though, I agree. She's quite the cutie. Never really payed attention to them before.

Songs are entirely forgettable. Thats why.

Hi OC!

I don't believe their music has gained much traction. Which sort of sucks because they seem to be actually talented musicians, but understandable cause the songs have been very blah.

Eldren

Fiddl's gifs are amazing but I'm always too scared to post them in case I fall foul of DNROG. I don't know where the line is drawn :/

Glad I wasn't the only one. The Muses were much easier by comparison (or perhaps I had just gotten better at it in general when I stumbled across them?). The last two to distinguish between for me were Erin and Lee Sem in some performances, but that didn't last long.

Oh yeah, definitely not the only one. I remember getting super confused with Soshi because I was switching between Gee and RDR which is like 4 or 5 different looks for each member, and that made it a bloody nightmare trying to keep track of who was who. Nine Muses just don't look as similar to each other in their MVs, although I do agree that digging into k-pop more grants you more experience in differentiating members.

Sorry, Sistar Dasom, we got a new Best Dasom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl91bUUtZ6Y

Holy crap she is pretty.

God her teeth are perfect. What a lovely smile.

-----

I saw this on twitter. Please tell me it's not true. Google translate isn't really helping, so could someone fluent in Korean lend a hand and confirm (or not, preferably) if it's saying EXO are releasing an album in November?

(Edit: Is this further confirmation? Urgh...)

So that'd be, what, 4 SHINee albums and 3 EXO albums, compared to 1 f(x) album that was cannibalised by one of the aforementioned EXO albums, and 1 Soshi album back in January. I don't even know what any other SM artists are up to. Bloody hell, SM.

iz6kuoEOoc61b.gif

Hellix

Since when was Jessica Christian? These weirdos that write these fan articles need to stop making shit up. Jessica said she accompanies her friends to church sometimes. Never said she was Christian. My baby Krystal and her big sis are not Christian as far as we know and they probably would have said they are if they actually were.

Does it matter one way or another?

Niks

Give the job to Taeyeon then. She's mini BoA in SM, isn't she?

I mean, most have anointed BoA the next director of SM, or the successor. And my understanding is Tae was thought to be the next after her?

All really dependent on talent in that area of course.

But yeah, for an actual performer, it would be time consuming.

Taengoo director of SM?
somehow I dont see that happening.. if anything Tiffany would better fit that mold. (didnt she once attended an event with Lee Soo Man?)

Bonus HQ Jung sisters

Ym1r

I saw this on twitter. Please tell me it's not true. Google translate isn't really helping, so could someone fluent in Korean lend a hand and confirm (or not, preferably) if it's saying EXO are releasing an album in November?

(Edit: Is this further confirmation? Urgh...)

So that'd be, what, 4 SHINee albums and 3 EXO albums, compared to 1 f(x) album that was cannibalised by one of the aforementioned EXO albums, and 1 Soshi album back in January. I don't even know what any other SM artists are up to. Bloody hell, SM.

Because XOXO has a ridiculous amount of sales, they are just milking all the crazy fan girls right now.

giri

Because XOXO has a ridiculous amount of sales, they are just milking all the crazy fan girls right now.

Bascially. Where as all the members of established groups have other ways of supporting their income. Acting, Variety, Sub groups, Musicals, and modeling. The SNSD girls do a lot of all of those these days.

(didn't they also release like 3 .jp singles this year?)

Pendulum

So jealous.

&#45208;&#51064;&#48036;&#51648;&#49828; &#52395; &#54060;&#46308;&#44284;&#51032; &#49548;&#54413; &#51096; &#45149;&#45228;&#49845;&#45768;&#45796; first picnic with fans :) great motivation

BWILILqIEAAJxGU.jpg

Peru

HARAGU &#8207;@_sweethara 5m
&#54620;&#44544; &#49324;&#46993;&#9829;-&#12354;&#12426;&#12364;&#12392;&#12358;&#12372;&#12374;&#12356;&#12414;&#12375;&#12383;!!

lolz.. incoming netizen hate 3,2,1..

IU? IWHO? Park Ji Yoon solo-comeback coming http://youtu.be/2dOuW9a-d-Q

dokish

Banned

I have her app on my phone, but WATCHING the program instead of listening is 100x better. Do you have some channel that is often updated with videos like this?

Putting on fav list to watch as soon as I have time. This program is sooooo good. I have orgasms just listening her voice.

Top Bottom