• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Hellix

Bubble Butt (Feat. Bruno Mars, GD & TOP from BIGBANG, Tyga & Mystic) (Official Korean Ver. Digital Release)

iujpHSX.gif

giri

Where do people order their CDs from? I wanna get Primadonna but on ebay it's pretty pricey.

Soompi Shop.

Always, Soompi.

I think they pretty much have the best price across the board on 90% of stuff. And free delivery if you spend enough (like $40?) and the service is p.good too.

The only real alternative i know of that has the same range is Playasia. But they tend to be much more expensive.

ramyeon

Love it! 분홍신 is my favourite song on the album at the moment.
It's a really good lead single, there's so many good tracks on the album though it's hard for me to choose a favourite.

Probably 입술 사이 (50cm) at the moment though!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

Selane

Man, Star Empire really know what they're doing. Acknowledging that Hyemi is too cute to be sexy and a gratuitous closeup of Kyungri's thighs? Best teaser ever.

Dang.
YAxDO9r.gif

This is gonna be the new image macro for whenever people get into a fight on the internet.
1dh4zPT.gif

giri

How much you guys usually pay for cds and shipping?

I can send stuff to GAF members without profit.

Soompi usually have CD's (standard editions) up for sale for about $12 - $18. I think the normal price point is $13.99

If you spend more than $38, it's free shipping.

It's really hard to beat that.

dokish

Banned
Soompi usually have CD's (standard editions) up for sale for about $12 - $18. I think the normal price point is $13.99

If you spend more than $38, it's free shipping.

It's really hard to beat that.
I'm really glad for their existence. That's the selling price here in Korea!

And I have no idea how they can ship so cheap.

Really unbeatable. Good for K Pop.

Fafnir

Yoo Hee Yeol blowing up right now, cameo on IU's MV and now replacing BoA as a judge on Kpop Star 3. If you guys watch shows on Dramafever, watch the one Infinity Challenge they have on there, him and YJS arguing throughout the episode is too funny. Cutie BoA is also on that episode.

ramyeon

Yoo Hee Yeol blowing up right now, cameo on IU's MV and now replacing BoA as a judge on Kpop Star 3. If you guys watch shows on Dramafever, watch the one Infinity Challenge they have on there, him and YJS arguing throughout the episode is too funny. Cutie BoA is also on that episode.
I don't think being in a music video and being a judge on a reality show is blowing up for Yoo Hee Yeol lol.

ev0

I JUST watched that Infinity Challenge. YJS giving him so much shit heh.

I wanted to see more Boa and Gil though. They def seem to get along well.

Peru

Yeah I enjoyed that episode YHY has been a pretty frequently seen guy for some years now but you're right he's everywhere at the moment.

Shame SM stepped back from K-pop Star or whatever happened, I dug BoA in that mode and it made her really popular last season... still I don't mind it if she keeps on doing what she does with her music atm.

Pendulum

나인뮤지스[9MUSES] - 건(GUN) Official Teaser.
http://youtu.be/UUJHMR_Swco

Twix Ying 38 minutes ago
I CAN'T KEEP CLAM NOW !!!

Track list:

1. 프리마돈나 (Prima Donna)
Producers: Ahn Jun Sung

2. 건 (Gun)
Producers: Sweetune, Song Soo Yun.

3. 세치혀 (Rumor)
Producers: Sweetune, Song Soo Yun, Hwang Hyun.

4. A Few Good Man
Producers: Sweetune, Song Soo Yun, Go Nam Su, Rappetizer

5. Last Scene
Producers: Shin Agnes, Sweetune, Dae Kwan Choo.

6. 천생여자
Producers: Sweetune, Song Soo Yun, Ahn Jun Sung

7. 미스 에이전트 (Miss Agent)
Producers: Shin Agnes, Sweetune, Dae Kwan Choo.

8. Time’s Up
Producers: Rappetizer, Lee Joo Hyung, G-High.

9. 몰라몰라
Producers: Rhymer, Shi Jin, Masterkey

10. 아님 말구
Producers: T-ache, Hong Ji Yoo, Lee Chang Hyun.

tumblr_muc065YKao1r85bico1_250.gif
tumblr_muc065YKao1r85bico4_250.gif
tumblr_muc065YKao1r85bico2_250.gif

tumblr_muc065YKao1r85bico3_250.gif
tumblr_muc065YKao1r85bico5_250.gif
tumblr_muc065YKao1r85bico6_250.gif

tumblr_muc065YKao1r85bico7_250.gif
tumblr_muc065YKao1r85bico8_250.gif
tumblr_muc065YKao1r85bico9_250.gif

All of them look sogood.gif

------------

BTS of Girl's Day Pocky CF.

ramyeon

I was thinking of using this website but I'm not sure if it's legit or not. I would use Soompi but it seems like they don't usually come with the posters. I might go with YesAsia possibly.
YesAsia mark up heaps. There are eBay sellers in Korea selling it with the poster for like $20 including shipping, that's pretty good. They also ship fast from experience. YesAsia are rip offs.

You could buy off Gmarket International but they only ship EMS so it's pricey to ship even though the product is Korean RRP.

vanty

Everyone in 9 Muses looks the same to me except the dimples one. No other group is like that for me.

I don't mean literally looking the exact same, just that it'd take a long time to put any names to faces so who can be effed.

giri

I was thinking of using this website but I'm not sure if it's legit or not. I would use Soompi but it seems like they don't usually come with the posters. I might go with YesAsia possibly.

I don't know about posters, but Soompi usually ship everything that is "standard" with the package. My copy of Secret - Poison came with a poster (standard issue, was folded up in the case [it's a fucking big case]). Considering some of the stuff you get with K-Pop cd's like photo books etc, i don't think they skimp on anything.

Can you always email support and ask them, they usually reply with in a few hours.

ramyeon

I don't know about posters, but Soompi usually ship everything that is "standard" with the package. My copy of Secret - Poison came with a poster (standard issue, was folded up in the case [it's a fucking big case]). Considering some of the stuff you get with K-Pop cd's like photo books etc, i don't think they skimp on anything.

Can you always email support and ask them, they usually reply with in a few hours.
The poster that came with Poison is different to the bonus posters Korean stores usually offer, those come in separate postal tubes.

ev0

YesAsia mark up heaps. There are eBay sellers in Korea selling it with the poster for like $20 including shipping, that's pretty good. They also ship fast from experience. YesAsia are rip offs.

You could buy off Gmarket International but they only ship EMS so it's pricey to ship even though the product is Korean RRP.

In terms of ebay, I've used a seller called "grapemusiccd" in the past and have had pretty good experience with them. They give you posters and whatnot, and usually even a cheaper option of shipping it folded vs in a cardbord tube. They list each option as a separate auction so make sure you know which you are looking at if you go that route. Most recently I used them to get the Taeyeon version of IGAB CD.

And man, I ignored Nine Muses for the longest time but you guys here def showed me the errors of my ways.

ramyeon

I actually hate posters. Every Korean online shopping mall ships them with the CDs... I remember when I was over there last year, I moved out of my dorm and threw away like 10-15 shipping tubes with posters in them lol.

ev0

I actually hate posters. Every Korean online shopping mall ships them with the CDs... I remember when I was over there last year, I moved out of my dorm and threw away like 10-15 shipping tubes with posters in them lol.

I hear you. Plus I'm at the point in my life that I can't put them up unless friends/girls/people start thinking I'm some kind of weirdo. I stuffed them all in the big poster tube I got from Double Fine Kickstarter.

Not kpop, but I have a GTAV poster just sitting collecting dust from launch event. It never ends.

giri

Yup. Same as you and ev0. Don't use them at all.

Also, that AoA teaser is amazing. Gosh damn this song has me hyped.

The 9M song sounds like their normal jazzy stuff. Uncertain about that.

llehuty

Peru

My "inside sources" back up some articles saying BoA quit K-pop Star because she wanted less disruption to her career, especially in Japan, and not because SM wanted to get out. I guess that's true then but I also assume the reason she wasn't replaced by another SM representative is because the system just didn't work out too well for them - they couldn't realistically expect to be chosen by the kind of winners the program produced, and didn't necessarily want any of them either.

In any case plenty of time for her to do that kind of jazz later in life.

giri

My "inside sources" back up some articles saying BoA quit K-pop Star because she wanted less disruption to her career, especially in Japan, and not because SM wanted to get out. I guess that's true then but I also assume the reason she wasn't replaced by another SM representative is because the system just didn't work out too well for them - they couldn't realistically expect to be chosen by the kind of winners the program produced, and didn't necessarily want any of them either.

In any case plenty of time for her to do that kind of jazz later in life.

Give the job to Taeyeon then. She's mini BoA in SM, isn't she?

I mean, most have anointed BoA the next director of SM, or the successor. And my understanding is Tae was thought to be the next after her?

All really dependent on talent in that area of course.

But yeah, for an actual performer, it would be time consuming.

Inkblot

If I ever have a daughter I'm gonna name her Naeun, I love that name

Also someone should make a ten hour loop of the new Tiny G, it's been running through my head all day

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So we have been discussing this in IRC:
http://www.gurupop.com/post/6561

This couldn't possibly be accurate, could it? I mean...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korea#Religion

Are Christians are going for dat social influence? Perhaps somehow the supposed "self-hate of asian traits" people speak of when pointing to eye surgery and died hair and such also extends into professions of faith. Still maybe it's just good ol half-Christian wellness-gospel chasing of the money?

What do you think? Is the list mostly conjecture and misinterpretation of things idols have said? If 42% of the country says they have no religion, I don't see why there would be a pressure to give a certain religious image. It is my understanding that Korean Christians are more given to being "super Christians" (2nd highest number of missionaries sent in the world, next only to the US, which has way more people who identify as Christian) so maybe their influence affects how people talk about God and assumptions are made.

Loci

Nine Muses
tumblr_muc2c8EzQa1r6rk17o1_500.gif

HOW CAN I KEEP CALM NOW !?
teaser of the year all years
Just look at Eunji, I mean damn son.

tumblr_muc325vTTn1r47s9yo2_500.gif
tumblr_muc325vTTn1r47s9yo1_500.gif

tumblr_muc8pyhLtf1qkljdfo1_500.jpg
tumblr_muc8l69iFi1qkljdfo1_500.png

tumblr_muc8hpgchp1qkljdfo1_1280.png

---

AOA song sounds pretty good, too. And those legs man.

---

2Eyes new track is out.

---

And then there's IU, Kahi, T-ara. October confirmed for best month again.

---

@Dice What needs to be known is whether those Idols were Christians since birth or just got baptized later on. I feel like Christianity in Skorea is like this wannabe Elitism club for rich kids who only want to meet others of their kind. Then again a lot of Idols have a wealthy background through which they could afford the years of training and additional costs.

giri

So we have been discussing this in IRC:
http://www.gurupop.com/post/6561

This couldn't possibly be accurate, could it? I mean...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korea#Religion

Are Christians are going for dat social influence? Perhaps somehow the supposed "self-hate of asian traits" people speak of when pointing to eye surgery and died hair and such also extends into professions of faith. Still maybe it's just good ol half-Christian wellness-gospel chasing of the money?

What do you think? Is the list mostly conjecture and misinterpretation of things idols have said? If 42% of the country says they have no religion, I don't see why there would be a pressure to give a certain religious image. It is my understanding that Korean Christians are more given to being "super Christians" (2nd highest number of missionaries sent in the world, next only to the US, which has way more people who identify as Christian) so maybe their influence affects how people talk about God and assumptions are made.
I dont see that it matters 2 shits.

Top Bottom