• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

neoism

ibK4QmW23IObp.jpg

iZWZmCP0oedG9.jpg

iMcLT6NuRv06G.gif

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

isuzu

-----

I saw this on twitter. Please tell me it's not true. Google translate isn't really helping, so could someone fluent in Korean lend a hand and confirm (or not, preferably) if it's saying EXO are releasing an album in November?

(Edit: Is this further confirmation? Urgh...)

So that'd be, what, 4 SHINee albums and 3 EXO albums, compared to 1 f(x) album that was cannibalised by one of the aforementioned EXO albums, and 1 Soshi album back in January. I don't even know what any other SM artists are up to. Bloody hell, SM.

iz6kuoEOoc61b.gif

SbzrKr8.gif

Eldren

Bascially. Where as all the members of established groups have other ways of supporting their income. Acting, Variety, Sub groups, Musicals, and modeling. The SNSD girls do a lot of all of those these days.

(didn't they also release like 3 .jp singles this year?)

Oh I completely understand why SM are making the most of EXO's popularity, it makes sound business sense. I'm just being selfish and wanting a new proper Soshi album. Love & Girls, Galaxy Supernova and Do The Catwalk are all varying degrees of decent, but there was no real support for any of them. Having said that, they've been touring for what feels like ages, so maybe a long rest will do them some good.

Ha, I actually quite like EXO! I think MAMA has some really great tracks and while I'm not as fond of XOXO, I do like Let Out The Beast. It just feels like they only just had a comeback. It's like, you need to take a break before you can stage a comeback, otherwise what are you coming back from? Let them take a break, spend some time writing a new album's worth of material, get some rest (and allow SM to promote other groups in the meantime), build some anticipation, and then start the new era with a bang.

Having said all that, maybe all those rumours were a bit premature. From what I can tell, it looks like those November claims weren't true? I don't even know any more.

Let me just anticipate the return of Nine Muses instead. The first performance of Gun is tomorrow, right?

According to this:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/kyungri_trans/status/387952055056629762/photo/1[/tweet]

these are the Gun lyrics. Seems like a pretty good balance between all the members, which is always nice to see.

Eldren

Hmmmm i thought Gun was next week?

Red Motion in 5hours! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Oh, it might be. I thought I read somewhere earlier that the MV releases next week but their first live performance was tomorrow. Maybe I got that wrong and I'm setting myself up for disappointment. I hope not.

tumblr_muc3o0WkLx1r85bico2_r1_250.gif

Also that AoA song sounded pretty catchy so I'll be checking that out for sure.

Pendulum

HARAGU &#8207;@_sweethara 5m
&#54620;&#44544; &#49324;&#46993;&#9829;-&#12354;&#12426;&#12364;&#12392;&#12358;&#12372;&#12374;&#12356;&#12414;&#12375;&#12383;!!

lolz.. incoming netizen hate 3,2,1..

I don't externalize my thoughts much when I read stuff at the computer, but I literally shook my head at this.

------------

mmmmmmmmMinah said:

------------

Hmmmm i thought Gun was next week?

I believe album released tomorrow, with MV on the 14th. There will be some live performances before the MV.

Edit: Wait, no. Apparently they will be releasing their first album on October 14 and will perform their comeback stage on October 10. Fuck knows.

giri

I don't externalize my thoughts much when I read stuff at the computer, but I literally shook my head at this.

------------

------------

I believe album released tomorrow, with MV on the 14th. There will be some live performances before the MV.

Edit: Wait, no. Apparently they will be releasing their first album on October 14 and will perform their comeback stage on October 10. Fuck knows.
Ok, someone translate that goo hara thing?

Also, yeah, the 9M dates seem a bit confusing. But it's probably that they're dropping a single and an album at the same time.

ramyeon

Ok, someone translate that goo hara thing?

Also, yeah, the 9M dates seem a bit confusing. But it's probably that they're dropping a single and an album at the same time.
It says "I love Hangul" in Korean and "Thank you" in Japanese. Yesterday was Hangul Day in Korea.

Stupid/ignorant of her to write in Japanese on that tweet though. Netizens will eat her alive for it.
Not quite sure what you were shaking your head at, but I shook my head at Goo Hara, it's almost as if she wants negative attention. You gotta be pretty stupid to do something like that.

giri

It says "I love Hangul" in Korean and "Thank you" in Japanese. Yesterday was Hangul Day in Korea.

Stupid/ignorant of her to write in Japanese on that tweet though. Netizens will eat her alive for it.

Not quite sure what you were shaking your head at, but I shook my head at Goo Hara, it's almost as if she wants negative attention. You gotta be pretty stupid to do something like that.
Ok, explain why it was stupid/ignorant of her. My understanding is that Hangul was a separation from the Chinese, not Japanese. And they were in Japan for their concerts, i don't really see whats wrong with it. Though i don't really see why she'd do what she did either, seems redundant.

ramyeon

Ok, explain why it was stupid/ignorant of her. My understanding is that Hangul was a separation from the Chinese, not Japanese. And they were in Japan for their concerts, i don't really see whats wrong with it. Though i don't really see why she'd do what she did either, seems redundant.
Because Japan colonised Korea and tried to erase their language from existence.

Pendulum

Yeah, it was Hara I was shaking my head at. It's sad that we have to consider whether an idol thinks about how her tweets can be used for ill against themselves before posting them, but after her recent run in with the netizens and the press surrounding her bottle of water, I'd have thought she'd be double-checking on things like this.

Then, ideally, she should have used two tweets to talk about the two separate topics. There's a level of hate towards the Japanese in Korea, and this'll just be used by those people to defame her and try to fuel their agendas.

---------

Edit: KKS is watching.

Edit 2: I'm not gonna do it, but honestly surprised at the lack of Suzy birthday spam.

Selane

Then, ideally, she should have used two tweets to talk about the two separate topics. There's a level of hate towards the Japanese in Korea, and this'll just be used by those people to defame her and try to fuel their agendas.

Who cares? Netizens complain about everything anyway. They'd be whining anyway regardless of what she does, and if Koreans are so racist that they can't tolerate their language being used in the same tweet as another, there's probably something wrong with them, not her.

Keep in mind you're talking about the people that call her a whore because she went on two dates with Junhyung or whatever. And a bitch because she cried when harassed about it on national television. I'm glad she's not letting people's moronic behavior stop her from doing normal things that anyone else would do.

ramyeon

Who cares? Netizens complain about everything anyway. They'd be whining anyway regardless of what she does, and if Koreans are so racist that they can't tolerate their language being used in the same tweet as another, there's probably something wrong with them, not her.

Keep in mind you're talking about the people that call her a whore because she went on two dates with Junhyung or whatever. And a bitch because she cried when harassed about it on national television. I'm glad she's not letting people's moronic behavior stop her from doing normal things that anyone else would do.
Comparing a sensitive issue like Korea/Japan relations to underage netizens complaining about dating idols is silly.

Korea definitely has lingering hate and racism towards Japan, but it's not uncalled for and it's a bit more complicated than that, especially considering the occupation only ended in 1945 and you still have people with living family members who were negatively affected by that.

The point isn't that using Japanese and Korean in a tweet together being bad all the time, the point is that it was a national holiday for celebrating the Korean language and she thought it would be a good idea to write "Thank you" in Japanese instead of Korean. The Japanese tried to get rid of Korean language (Among many other atrocities) during their occupation, can you see how people would be offended by that?

Pendulum

I don't disagree that netizens overact and are looking for any small thing to jump on. But regardless it is an odd-looking tweet (saying she loves Hangul, showing a picture of her wearing a Hangul-themed shirt, then following up with "Thank you" in Japanese with no other context surrounding it). I fully support idols leading some semblance of a normal life, but at the same time they are also marketing themselves and it is important to know when something you say might be viewed in an unintended way (especially surrounding topics with societal leanings). Am I being too harsh or expecting something too much from a 22 year old? Perhaps, but then again she's been in the business for over 6 years. If this tweet shows that Hara just doesn't give a crap about what those people will say or think, then I genuinely applaud her - all the more power to her. But I fear that's not the case (as the recent television appearance showed).

---------

Kahi's comeback song "It's ME" was composed by Rottyful Sky (aka Haneul) who recently passed away.

Kahi's Twitter said:
&#47196;&#54000;&#54540;&#49828;&#52852;&#51060;... &#54616;&#45720;&#51060;&#45716; &#51228; &#52980;&#48177;&#44257; 'It's Me' &#51032; &#51089;&#44257;&#44032; &#50648;&#47532;&#49828;&#49828;&#52852;&#51060; &#51077;&#45768;&#45796;..... &#54616;&#45720;&#51060;&#51032;&#52395;&#51089;&#54408;&#51077;&#45768;&#45796;... &#47560;&#51648;&#47561;&#51060; &#46104;&#50612;&#48260;&#47160;&#49845;&#45768;&#45796; ... &#54616;&#45720;&#51060;&#47484; &#50948;&#54644;.... &#45432;&#47000;&#54616;&#44192;&#49845;&#45768;&#45796;... &#54616;&#45720;&#51060;&#47484; &#44592;&#50613;&#54644;&#51452;&#49464;&#50836;... &#54616;&#45720;&#50500;.... &#54200;&#55176;......

Trans:
Rottyful Sky... Haneul is Alice Sky, the composer for my comeback song 'It's ME'..... It is Haneul's first piece of work... It has become her last ... For Haneul.... I will sing... Please remember Haneul... Haneul... rest.... Everyone please pray for Haneul and her family... rest in peace

giri

I don't disagree that netizens overact and are looking for any small thing to jump on. But regardless it is an odd-looking tweet (saying she loves Hangul, showing a picture of her wearing a Hangul-themed shirt, then following up with "Thank you" in Japanese with no other context surrounding it). I fully support idols leading some semblance of a normal life, but at the same time they are also marketing themselves and it is important to know when something you say might be viewed in an unintended way (especially surrounding topics with societal leanings). If this tweet shows that Hara just doesn't give a crap about what those people will say or think, then I genuinely applaud her - all the more power to her. But I fear that's not the case (as the recent television appearance showed).

---------

Kahi's comeback song "It's ME" was composed by Rottyful Sky (aka Haneul) who recently passed away.

Yeah, read that about Kahi's song. Seems like the composer only continued to do work for really close friends, so it's rather impressive that Kahi got the song, made it her lead single, and it sounds awesome.

isuzu

Ha, I actually quite like EXO! I think MAMA has some really great tracks and while I'm not as fond of XOXO, I do like Let Out The Beast. It just feels like they only just had a comeback. It's like, you need to take a break before you can stage a comeback, otherwise what are you coming back from? Let them take a break, spend some time writing a new album's worth of material, get some rest (and allow SM to promote other groups in the meantime), build some anticipation, and then start the new era with a bang.

Having said all that, maybe all those rumours were a bit premature. From what I can tell, it looks like those November claims weren't true? I don't even know any more.

While I agree with you, since I'm an Exo fan and I don't want them to die from being overworked, SM is doing this (shoving Exo down everyone's throat) because Suju is old and they need a replacement asap.

Anyway, yeah, they won't be having another comeback any time soon because they're going to China to promote. Shinee having another album has to do with SM wanting them to get the disk daesang this year, but I don't know how that could happen since Exo is crushing everyone with their insane physical sales and they even have great digital sales as well.

Conceptor

Yep... it's incredibly sad. Will be rooting for Kahi + her song this promotion period.

Heirs aired! Good Doctor is wrapped up :(. Master's Sun is sooo good

AoA!!! Suzy!!!!

I just listened Number 9 for the third time in a row and just realized IT DOES´NT HAVE HIP HOP IN IT. God bless the guy who wrote and produced that. I´m sick of shitty forced hip hop into dance tracks.

btw, where´s shinee vid?

NyoRx

Everything is coming out today.

T-ara is pretty good. There's like a random background track which says "number 9" and it's so out of place.

AOA so good. i think it's the first song ChoA doesn't sing 90% of the song.

9muses hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

dokish

Banned
Comparing a sensitive issue like Korea/Japan relations to underage netizens complaining about dating idols is silly.

Korea definitely has lingering hate and racism towards Japan, but it's not uncanny lled for and it's a bit more complicated than that, especially considering the occupation only ended in 1945 and you still have people with living family members who were negatively affected by that.

The point isn't that using Japanese and Korean in a tweet together being bad all the time, the point is that it was a national holiday for celebrating the Korean language and she thought it would be a good idea to write "Thank you" in Japanese instead of Korean. The Japanese tried to get rid of Korean language (Among many other atrocities) during their occupation, can you see how people would be offended by that?
I really like when you make those kind of posts. Couldn't have said better.

Are you ever coming back to Korea? I will treat you one meal.

Ym1r

New T-ara track blows hard, just like every other song of theirs. PJY, Hyomin and Eunjung looked amazing though.

After the intro when the song started, immediately reminded me of Roly Poly/Lovey Dovey.

"I'm adding" part worst, and hyomin almost added up to 9, such a let down she only had to say it once more.

Top Bottom