• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Niks

HQ Tiff

iLiGKi6nq4PwJ.jpg
iO1IRTIzOFl4r.jpg

ibpRamFvSehFdY.jpg
ibcs2027MBOtvP.jpg

iLNuAhZ9T5Zqj.jpg
iOanStlDaefWI.jpg

iGeWV6HijASHu.jpg
im5txRC4a2o7A.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I think Minha is weird looking, also has zero expression/charisma, little singing ability, and little sex appeal. She is good at doing body waves, that's about it.

Plenty of Koreans seem to like her, so you know, different strokes.

Fafnir

I hope this isn't what Taengoo was Instaegraming about. 3rd JP album on December 11th. Looks like "My oh My" is their next JP single and Beep Beep MV finally releasing.

Soshified said:
Girls’ Generation’s Japanese fansite has announced that Girls’ Generation’s third album will be released on December 11th. The title of the album has yet to be determined. The album will come in four editions, with each edition containing the same twelve songs, including “LOVE&GIRLS” and “GALAXY SUPERNOVA”. The four editions will also feature three different album covers, with the Blu-ray limited edition and DVD limited edition sharing the same cover.

Complete Limited Edition (CD & Blu-ray) - 7500 yen

• Twelve songs
• 3-sided case
• Album cover A
• 40 page photobook with solo cuts
• Pin badges – nine members
• Solo cuts original design posters – nine members (folded)
• Blu-ray content:

1. “Beep Beep” Music Video
2. “LOVE&GIRLS” Music Video
3. “GALAXY SUPERNOVA” Music Video
4. “My oh My” Music Video
5. Making of “GALAXY SUPERNOVA” Music Video
6. Making of “My oh My” Music Video
7. Japan Third Album Photo Shoot

Blu-ray Limited Edition (CD & Blu-ray) - 4,990 yen

• Twelve songs
• Digipak
• Album cover B
• Photobook with solo cuts (it is unclear if this photobook will be the same as the one included in the Complete Limited Edition)
• Blu-ray content:

3. “LOVE&GIRLS” Dance Version Music Video
4. “GALAXY SUPERNOVA” Music Video
5. “GALAXY SUPERNOVA” Dance Version Music Video
6. “My oh My” Music Video

DVD Limited Edition (CD & DVD) – 3,990 yen

• Twelve songs
• Digipak
• Album cover B
• Photobook with solo cuts (it is unclear if this photobook will be the same as the one included in the Complete Limited Edition)
• DVD content:

3. “LOVE&GIRLS” Dance Version Music Video
4. “GALAXY SUPERNOVA” Music Video
5. “GALAXY SUPERNOVA” Dance Version Music Video
6. “My oh My” Music Video

Regular Edition (CD) - 3,059 yen

• Twelve songs
• Album cover C

http://www.soshified.com/2013/10/girls-generation-to-release-third-japanese-album-on-december-11th

aHGtZu9.jpg

Dice

I hope this isn't what Taengoo was Instaegraming about. 3rd JP album on December 11th. Looks like "My oh My" is their next JP single and Beep Beep MV finally releasing.
miss a, chocolat, and fiestar are having comebacks. that's enough.

ev0

Glad to see Woori's hair is longer now. Liked it better that way.
Much happier to see Sunny's hair 100% better now.

Watched Running Man 168, was pretty fun. I've enjoyed the recent episodes more than I have in quite awhile.

No No Eul

I know it's a day late but whatever. A small offering in honour of Equal Best Jung:

Dat grin.

iknshC467W9Cp.gif

God I miss Apink News. T_T

On a related note, some kind person has subbed Apink Diary in Japan.

Wow, that's unexpected. I'd be very happy with another JP album though.

allkpop said:
Tony An revealed that his relationship with Girl's Day's Hyeri didn't come without any obstacles as the two even tried to break up once because of their big age difference.

Concerned about the age gap, Tony revealed that he had suggested that they break up. In attempts to keep her off his mind, he even deleted her phone number off his phone, but apparently, because of something that Hyeri did later, they decided to get back together.

lol I wonder what she did...

luso

Video of Hara fainting. Sick.

I know it's a day late but whatever. A small offering in honour of Equal Best Jung:

To the anonymous SM scout who found Jung sisters: Thank you!

"Breathing" premiere
tumblr_mv82na1hAF1rjtvg8o3_500.jpg

tumblr_mv83csSE261sewbc1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mv82wu90eU1sewbc1o2_1280.jpg

RM3b7Pv.jpg

Hate the new tumblr search.

So Soshi with new Japanese album. Gotta have that money while it lasts. But one year since the second album. Not excited yet but curious.

Pendulum

Whatcha doing Hyemi?

Edit: Taeyeon sets a cat amongst the rumour pigeons.
some people think they are lyrics, others Tae's poetry

42fd06223d5c11e3b10722000a1f98d4_8.jpg

What we do in life is a lot like what we do in a romantic relationship,

Was there ever a single day
That was a quiet day in our lives?
Flowers bloom fully,
In one instant, heavy rain falls and snow gathers.

But if we were to live like we were dating
Wouldn't that be a successful life?

Rather than living a dry life void of feelings,
Being sad, happy, amazed, moved, lonely, glad...
Isn't that truly living?

Even now, my feelings are atop a seesaw, finding hope and then finding despair,
Do you . . . get excited with happiness, then submerge into sadness?
If so, then you may very well be in a romantic relationship with your life.

Eldren

The new tumblr search function is disgusting. But apparently if you put "tagged" in the address bar instead of "search" it works like the old search. Thank god.

I think Minha is weird looking, also has zero expression/charisma, little singing ability, and little sex appeal. She is good at doing body waves, that's about it.

Plenty of Koreans seem to like her, so you know, different strokes.

Plenty of Koreans seem to like Yoona too, so you know... I actually don't have anything against Minha, I just wish she'd get a haircut. That fringe is doing her no favours. Having said that, I have to agree about the charisma thing, I just feel like I don't know anything about her. She's just kind of...there. Hopefully if 9M get some variety shows and whatnot eventually, we might see more of her personality.

Anyway, Soshi stuff. New album sounds pretty interesting, although I hope (perhaps in vain) that the new material sounds less like Love & Girls and more like the first two JP albums (preferably the first, but I like the second too). Fingers crossed the concepts aren't too wacky, just stick with the Baby-G style shoot and everything will be fine.

Edit: I've been thinking about it some more, worst case scenario: the whole album is super cheesy, childish, overly cutesy Love & Girls style nonsense instead of 1st JP album/Flower Power/Paparazzi sexiness; Hyo gets her typical 4 syllables per song, and if she's lucky she won't share her one line with another member; instead of a Soshi Korean comeback, we get another TTS comeback, despite Hyo, Yuri and Sooyoung all saying they'd love to be in a sub-unit and the original idea was to have rotating sub-units. Ok I've now mentally prepared myself to be disappointed, hopefully it turns out good.

Also, this No Breathing premiere...lord have mercy. They look so good.

Hyoyeon said:
Sunny god damn said:

Eldren

Soonkyu is definitely no joke nowadays.

She needs to ditch that handbag though...

131025 Music Bank - 9 Muses - Gun Love these outfits. I don't know how well they fit the concept but they look so good in these masculine styled suits.

Sungah said:
tumblr_mv8bgnQtik1qkljdfo1_500.jpg

복고베이비 나인뮤지스 ‘gun’많이사랑해주기 눈누난나

Lord...

Quite a bit of british paraphernalia there, including some newky brown for some reason.

Funny how cameraman on the teaser just focuses on Hyuna's cleavage. The song sounds promising though.

catmincer

I'm on an After School binge at the moment. I am now convinced their best song is Shampoo. I can listen to it on repeat many a time and it never gets old. Korean version though, Bekah > Kahi in the same parts.

Same reason why Because of you is better in Korean, the Bekah/Kahi parts sound more forceful and suit the song better.

It also makes me sad Bekah left, Kahi just isn't as good IMO.

vanty

I'm on an After School binge at the moment. I am now convinced their best song is Shampoo. I can listen to it on repeat many a time and it never gets old. Korean version though, Bekah > Kahi in the same parts.

Same reason why Because of you is better in Korean, the Bekah/Kahi parts sound more forceful and suit the song better.

It also makes me sad Bekah left, Kahi just isn't as good IMO.
Only AS song I think is good at all is Flashback. I really like that one song while everything else I've heard was just bleh.

Someone who's always good though is Sulli.

1KMauQe.jpg
TMYp3Bo.jpg

Pendulum

In the midst of her success with her latest album 'Modern Times', IU has been caught up in a plagiarism controversy over "The Red Shoes".

Many listeners have been commenting that the track, composed by Lee Min Soo and lyrics written by Kim Ee Na, is noticeably similar to Nekta's "Here's Us", which was released in 2009.

Not only have some netizens compiled comparison clips of the two songs, but the phrase "IU The Red Shoes plagiarism?" has been climbing the ranks of search terms.

However, netizens and listeners remain divided on the issue, commenting, "All musical songs sound similar, but the two songs are very similar," "Maybe it's a sample? What is this, I hope someone explains soon," and "It's a common melody in swing jazz. I don't think it's a controversy."

Example of both songs.
Don't disappear for 3 years like Hyori, IU :(

------

What?!

------

Edit: Ah, didn't realise Hyomin was guest-hosting Music Core this week.

roaSone

Is anyone watching Heirs, and is it any good?
Hmm, I am. Typical romance between pre-adults, with lots of tycoons (boys & girls) and a poor girl. (Park Shin Hye)
It's not that bad so far, some characters are really funny, like Krystal's one for example. The atmosphere is still quite light, but we can expect some heavy changes concerning relationships between each families.

Pendulum

Borrowed Red Shoes update

LOEN Entertainment denied the plagiarism accusations surrounding IU's "The Red Shoes", which netizens noticed sounds similar to Nekta's "Here's Us".

LOEN Entertainment responded on the 26th, "We are releasing our official response after reviewing the opinions of 'The Red Shoes' composer Lee Min Soo and other music experts. A portion of the melody for 'Here's Us' and the melody of the second measure [B part] in 'The Red Shoes' sound similar but the chord progression of the two songs are totally different."

"'The Red Shoes' uses a B-flat minor scale chord progression with a B-flat minor-bm7-cm7-cm6-f7sus4-f7 but 'Here's Us' uses a dominant scale chord progression of B-flat major. Also, the chorus and first measure [A part], the song's latter-half bridge part, as well as the overall melody, composition, and instrumental arrangement reveal it to be a totally different song."

The agency also assured fans that IU will continue with her activities as planned, stating, "[IU] is currently preparing for her upcoming solo concert to be held at the end of November and her Japanese promotions to be carried out at the end of the year. She is also carrying out her filming schedule for her drama, 'Pretty Man', as originally scheduled."

Dice

go hum any remotely jazzy tune and at some point people will think it is the mcdonalds "i'm lovin it" tune. same thing here.

"oompa dumpa dum" zomg IU ripped off willy wonka -____-

Top Bottom