• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Eldren

I'll believe when I see it.

Receipts:
Kangta's tweet featuring terrible lighting and hideous makeup.
The jewellery company who provided items for the filming posted about it on instagram, and here's the caption translated.
A blurry pic of Hyo and the two guys from S taken from the crowd. The twitter account this was taken from went private after loads of people started retweeting it and the accompanying tweets explaining that she sang, rapped, and performed a tango.
Baro Kim, her rumoured boyfriend, was at the filming.
I've never visited kpopstarz.com before but here's an English article about it.

As expected of SNSD's Vocal Representative Kim Hyoyeon!

iA4D9p8CGcrH6.gif

AReed

This is probably why Hyorin got booted from the show. Gotta cut out the lessers to make room for the greats.

neoism

It's just the most awful look ever. I'd accept that it's to trick viewers into seeing more curvy-looking women, but it looks incredibly dorky from a North American standpoint. Reminds me of 1990's midwest mom jeans. I'd wager 99 out of 100 pictures in this thread are mom-jeaned up, lol. Not a good look for ole' Sunny from SNSD, in particular.

Wtf does that mean.... Sunny looks fabulous in blue jeans....

Tae the goddess of all buttons :p <3

k1t4j

Hey guys,

New to this thread, just subscirbed. So My girlfriend got me into K-pop (sort of) she is a huge fan of Girl's Generation, 2n1, 4minute, Exo etc

So naturaly I started listening to those bands as well also she was super happy to see so many Girl's Generation Gifs here :)

However I was a bit sad I as looked through some pages and the amount of Hyuna(the one from 4minutes, not sure if that's how you spell her name) Gifs is too dam low :p.

anyways have a nice day!

Eldren

This is probably why Hyorin got booted from the show. Gotta cut out the lessers to make room for the greats.

Exactly, there's only room for one vocally talented Hyo in kpop. Sorry, SISTAR fans!

Hey guys,

New to this thread, just subscirbed. So My girlfriend got me into K-pop (sort of) she is a huge fan of Girl's Generation, 2n1, 4minute, Exo etc

So naturaly I started listening to those bands as well also she was super happy to see so many Girl's Generation Gifs here :)

However I was a bit sad I as looked through some pages and the amount of Hyuna(the one from 4minutes, not sure if that's how you spell her name) Gifs is too dam low :p.

anyways have a nice day!

Welcome! 4Minute are in the middle of their comeback right now and they're doing well so hopefully some new Hyuna gifs should start popping up soon. What other groups/artists do you like? Who are your faves?

llehuty

This year's MBC idol olympics were broadcasted earlier today.

60m competition with Choa, Nana, Yura, Hara, Jaekyung and Min
"High" jump with Youngji, Hani, Yoon G and Luna

Hey guys,

anyways have a nice day!

Welcome

You will see plenty of SNSD material since it's the group with more dedicated fans over here. The other groups get their ocassional representation. In particular, I think the only one posting 4minute stuff is RubyFaith (has only 9 posts in this thread though). Sohyun gets plenty of love by other users also. Feel free to deliver the Hyuna gifs when you feel like it :D

Also, if you want some k-pop recommendations or discover other artists, check the OP

k1t4j

Welcome! 4Minute are in the middle of their comeback right now and they're doing well so hopefully some new Hyuna gifs should start popping up soon. What other groups/artists do you like? Who are your faves?

Hello and thanks!

Favorites I would definitely have to go with 2n1, i really liked some songs that I heard from different albums and such but what really sold me out on them was their last year album Crush. Found it really cool, catchy songs, good vibes.

Other groups, I generally just get introduced to them in a song by song basis, what I mean is i liked things like BiG Bang - Fantastic Baby, Shinee - Lucifer, Exo - Wolf, Overdose and Growl, 4minute - Volume up, What's your name, HuH & anything by Hyuna though, her songs are catchy have great choreography and I personally find her super sexy when performing.

Welcome

You will see plenty of SNSD material since it's the group with more dedicated fans over here. The other groups get their ocassional representation. In particular, I think the only one posting 4minute stuff is RubyFaith (has only 9 posts in this thread though). Sohyun gets plenty of love by other users also. Feel free to deliver the Hyuna gifs when you feel like it :D

Also, if you want some k-pop recommendations or discover other artists, check the OP

Hello and thanks as well :)

Yeah I can see that about SNSD, they seem to be popular everywhere.

And I will definitely keep an eye out for the K-pop recommendations in this thread

Thanks a lot guys!!

Cuddler

After listening to this song and since I like U Sung Eun, I searched for the relative drama and since it was on Viki I started watching it. The name of the drama is "Persevere, Goo Hae Ra", it's my first drama and all the expected cliche are there, the acting is not that bad imo, even if sometimes it seems forced. The story is obviously all over the place. Also seminaked or completelety naked and pixelated men everywhere for absolutely no reason (the bathhouse scene was...WTF but I've learned that in the Korean culture you become real friends only if you bath together,
not sure if true
). Other than U Sung Eun in this drama there are other singers, Henry, Jinyoung from B1A4 and Park Kwang-sun from Ulala Session. Also another one of the main actors is Kwak Si-Yang, while I was watching the first two episodes I started to think that I already saw him before, and in fact I saw him in this trailer:
Night Flight - Trailer - Stockholm International Film Festival 2014
As you can see at the end of the trailer the movie is a story about isolated minorities in school and he act as a gay guy in this movie.
And for all the people that don't know who U Sung Eun is, here are some of the songs that I haven't posted here:
&#50976;&#49457;&#51008; (U SUNG EUN) - Healing &#55184;&#47553; MV real song start at 1:53
&#50976;&#49457;&#51008; (U SUNG EUN) - &#51088;&#53011;&#47700;&#51060;&#53433; &#48120;&#44277;&#44060; &#50689;&#49345; the name of the song used in this video is "Secret Song"
Also, for those interested, Leeteuk and Crayon Pop were guests in the episode 5. Many of the song singed in the drama are uploaded in the CJeM YouTube channel if anyone is interested. The drama also deal with weight and in the last part of episode 5 you see a Korean overweight girl being bullied in the United States.
Knowing about past Korean dramas/movies her character will be probably be super fit in the next episode, lol.

Peru, what happened to the Falun thread you were going to make?!

Edit: Ear fetish GAF should be pleased with this SM rookie
B-CpDWVCIAAqT27.jpg:orig

How old is she? Looks like she's 13 or something. If SM makes me wait another 5 years for a new girl group I'm going to be miffed.

I know a lot of people like Sistar's more recent output but personally I don't think they've released anything worthwhile since Alone that remix of Alone. It's pretty disappointing really. I loved their earlier singles.

I think most people on GAF agree. Their output has been ranging from shit to mediocre the last two years or so in my opinion, not too much unlike 4minute. It's hard for me to write off the rumors of cheating the digital charts when Sistar keeps doing exceptionally well despite the boring shit they've been putting out after Loving U.

Solji > Ailee
And another performance. No wonder she won. Solji finally getting the credit she's due. Possibly the best vocalist of all idols. EXID are going to keep climbing.

Ashhong

What's up fellas! I'm so behind.. Is there anymore good kpop? I'm strangely addicted to exid up down, what's their best song?

llehuty

What's up fellas! I'm so behind.. Is there anymore good kpop? I'm strangely addicted to exid up down, what's their best song?
Welcome back Ashhong.

Their best song is Every Night (linked above). As for things you should check out... well I don't know when was last time you were over here but things from this year:

4minute - Crazy (and the full album)
&#50668;&#51088;&#52828;&#44396; GFriend - Into the new world 2.0
Girls' generation - Hee
Jessica Ho - Cringe
SONAMOO(&#49548;&#45208;&#47924;) _ Deja vu

Eldren

Hello and thanks!

Favorites I would definitely have to go with 2n1, i really liked some songs that I heard from different albums and such but what really sold me out on them was their last year album Crush. Found it really cool, catchy songs, good vibes.

Other groups, I generally just get introduced to them in a song by song basis, what I mean is i liked things like BiG Bang - Fantastic Baby, Shinee - Lucifer, Exo - Wolf, Overdose and Growl, 4minute - Volume up, What's your name, HuH & anything by Hyuna though, her songs are catchy have great choreography and I personally find her super sexy when performing.

AgentChris is our go-to guy for all things 2NE1 and YG related so he can hook you up with some more of their stuff as well as Big Bang. Second Best Hyuna is pretty popular around here too, make sure you listen to Red and Blacklist if you haven't already.
9Muses Hyuna is Best Hyuna, don't listen to the heathens who say otherwise.

Isuzu should be able to help you with Exo when she's around, and for SHINee make sure you also check out Taemin and Jonghyun's solo albums. Personally I preferred Taemin's but I know people who like Jonghyun's too. Aside from that, llehuty is right in that the OP is a great resource for finding new music. No No Eul did a great job curating it.

Hello and thanks!

Hello and thanks as well :)

Yeah I can see that about SNSD, they seem to be popular everywhere.

And I will definitely keep an eye out for the K-pop recommendations in this thread

Thanks a lot guys!!
Welcome-
AgentChris is our go-to guy for all things 2NE1 and YG related so he can hook you up with some more of their stuff as well as Big Bang. Second Best Hyuna is pretty popular around here too, make sure you listen to Red and Blacklist if you haven't already.
9Muses Hyuna is Best Hyuna, don't listen to the heathens who say otherwise.

I'd recommend a lot of the solo stuff from BIGBANG;

Seungri - What Can I Do M/V
Seungri - V.V.I.P. M/V
Seungri - Gotta Talk To U M/V
Seungri + G-Dragon + Taeyang - Let's Talk About Love [LIVE]
Taeyang - Ringa Linga M/V
G-Dragon - COUP D'ETAT M/V
TOP - Doom Dada M/V
GD X Taeyang - Good Boy

AOMG has some cool stuff too;
Loco + Jay Park - Thinking About You M/V
Jay Park + Simon D + Gray - Metronome M/V
Jay Park - I Like 2 Party M/V

My favorite song from 2014
GOT7 - A M/V

neoism

so when is the new roommate.. I just realized that season 1 was only 20 episodes.. man I really hope the next episode isn't the last with this cast :(

so when is the new roommate.. I just realized that season 1 was only 20 episodes.. man I really hope the next episode isn't the last with this cast :(

Next week we're getting a new episode; no episode this week because of Lunar New Year. The main cast is pretty much locked with the good ratings. They needed to changed things up with season 1 because it was not living up to expectations.

Next week we're getting a new episode; no episode this week because of Lunar New Year. The main cast is pretty much locked with the good ratings. They needed to changed things up with season 1 because it was not living up to expectations.

Isn't it still doing somewhat poorly in the ratings?

Ashhong

Welcome back Ashhong.

Their best song is Every Night (linked above). As for things you should check out... well I don't know when was last time you were over here but things from this year:

4minute - Crazy (and the full album)
&#50668;&#51088;&#52828;&#44396; GFriend - Into the new world 2.0
Girls' generation - Hee
Jessica Ho - Cringe
SONAMOO(&#49548;&#45208;&#47924;) _ Deja vu

Why you troll me. These are terrible!

I like Hello Venus - Wiggle Wiggle a lot though

llehuty

I'm surprised that you guys didn't like 'I Swear' more. Easily my favorite Sistar single.

I swear was definitely a step up after Touch my body. I still hate the group.

Why you troll me. These are terrible!

I like Hello Venus - Wiggle Wiggle a lot though

You like Wiggle Wiggle and you don't like 4Minute's Crazy? Seek help.

The other suggestions were trolling though.

Top Bottom