• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

OMG

lBcHIYdKn1.jpg

I wonder what was GAF's reaction when this was released. Links would be welcomed.

rest of that post aside.

I thought Exid's Up Down video was hilarious. It's 1000% obvious what its about but they keep saying shit like "its about a guy who plays with a girls emotions" ...... like yeah.... your not fooling anyone haha.

llehuty

This is actually quite better than what I expected. Not the type of song they needed at this point though. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being Rainbows swan song (pun intended) since DSP loves word plays with title tracks and their groups situation.

If you look at the new pictures popping up on Facebook, I would assume Cora wasn't comfortable with the new direction they wanted to take Lipservice (sexy, erotic, provocative, etc).

Doesn't seem that's the case if her comments on SNS displayed on that article are to be believed.

Eldren

SNSD's most talented, important, versatile, beautiful and popular member Kim Hyoyeon is featured in the March issue of ELLE Korea. In an interview she mentions that she's publishing a book this Spring that she wrote on fashion, lifestyle and beauty
please don't all laugh at once
, so I expect all obedient sones to fulfil their duty and pre-order a copy of the HyoBook as soon as possible.

Eldren

LxLlC.gif

Shots fired.

Don't mind me, I'm just still bitter over Dancing With The Stars so I enjoy a dig at sones every now and then. (Seriously though I want someone to buy me that book so I can have an award-winning piece of literary genius on my shelf.)

I don't think I've seen her before. Which rookie group is she from?

She's still pre-debut, she'll be part of SM's new girl group set to debut later this year. Please support her as she displays her fresh and bright charms.

ultra7k

Been listening to the new Rainbow album, quite solid IMO. Lots to like, hopefully this can get them flying out the gate for 2015 (not likely but one can hope. Thanks DSP).

Ashhong

If you look at the new pictures popping up on Facebook, I would assume Cora wasn't comfortable with the new direction they wanted to take Lipservice (sexy, erotic, provocative, etc).

10441152_702402829875348_9044849946584549764_n.jpg

That's why I said I would NOT consider a cultural thing. If we consider culture as "[...] the set of ideas, behaviors, attitudes, and traditions that exist within large groups of people. These ideas, behaviors, traditions, etc. are passed on from one generation to the next and are typically resistant to change over time." - I would only add that for something to be CULTURE it needs to be CONSCIOUS, deliberately passed upon others, with awareness.

Since most asians (and here specially, Koreans) don't "deliberately" eat the way they eat, I don't call it cultural, it's just a habit/way of eating that kids learn when looking at others eating.

Culture definitely does not have to be learned deliberately or consciously.

luso

Tiffany - Only one (Blood OST)

I saw this morning that SM is holding an official birthday party for Taeyeon on March 8th at Coex Artium (Seoul) to celebrate her 27th. Solo teaser hype? maybe.

The agency of the group Bob Girls canceled all of the members' contracts after Jina, one of the members, was diagnosed with encephalitis.

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-23%20at%2011.16.36%20PM.png

It's the 26th birthday to me!
I suppose it can be related to the solo, at the end of April there will be a Japanese single and even if the Japanese promotions are much lighter certainly it will not clash.

Damn Jina :(

neoism

It's the 26th birthday to me!
I suppose it can be related to the solo, at the end of April there will be a Japanese single and even if the Japanese promotions are much lighter certainly it will not clash.

Damn Jina :(

Yeah lolol I still think it's silly Koreans think your 1 years old when your born... If anything your 9mon old in existence but why add on more years? tae is 26.
:p

Eldren

luso

RIP Sojin. I didn't followed the Kara's audiences for the new members but that's sick :(
Is there any true reasons to blame DSP about this though?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
1wNXdIZ.gif

She deserved better. RIP.

No comment on the clusterfuck that led to this.

But I will say, for those remaining, this must be hella awkward for Youngji, and a really depressing tone for Rainbow's comeback since they were DSP dungeon friends for 5 years.

llehuty

RIP Sojin. I didn't followed the Kara's audiences for the new members but that's sick :(
Is there any true reasons to blame DSP about this though?

Yeah, it's really difficult to know if DSP it's truly at fault, but kicking her out so close to debut is brutal.

She said that baby kara was her las shot at being an idol. She wanted so hard being an idol. She didn't get in, but DSP said they were goingo to debut them in a new group so it finally looked like she had her chance. They have been for months sayin the group is about to debut. All the girls were posting in their daum cafe and she gets the cut a couple of months before debuting the group. If you are going to kick her out, don't keep her around giving her false hopes.

It all is going to depend on the reason why kicked her out, but we will never know why that happened. They still played with her hopes, and who knows what happens with the rest of the group now.

I personaly think it was stupid kicking her out. She was conistently in the top 3 from fan votes and "professionals" (Top 2 removing youngji). It also looked like she could be a great leader for the group. Maybe it was because a medical condition or something, though...

Anyway, nothing to do now. I think she also said their parents never supported her being an idol dream, they must be devastated now.

Rip Sojin.

roaSone

RIP Sojin, I didn't follow Baby Kara but I really liked her when she was on Kpop Star, she was an awesome dancer.

DSP is getting worse and worse in my eyes..

Eldren

God that's awful news. We hear of idols who spend half their lives in the training grind, and then to end up missing out on two groups must have been devastating. She must have been in a dark place. RIP Sojin. Have DSP released a statement?

-----

#Hyoyeon2015

The Korean Britney tbh

Top Bottom