• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

You never appreciated her, heathen. Let us music lovers enjoy this moment.

I have no clue who she is other than being a K-Pop Star auditioneer, but yeah that was fantastic music wise.

She doesn't have a killer voice, but those piano skills are top notch. The moment she started playing a counterpoint melody on the piano was when I was all in. Counterpoint isn't that hard for decent piano players actually and it's not even necessary unless you're playing classical tunes, but to pull it off here? She was just showing off haha.

Bwahahaha just finished the Tea
(Taecyeon)
special on Roommate and when he wakes up Joon hyung listen to what he says... if you haven't seen it or are not planning to see it, let's just say the FCC would've fined the hell out of him for letting that slip lol.

lol this weeks WGM addresses the various "rumors." So silly how serious people take a variety show.

On that note, gotta get a girl as adorable as Yura. I need that level of cuteness in my sad existence.

llehuty

Dahye appreciation post:

Her vocals
Her dancing
Her sexyness
Her english
Her live performances
Her yoga moves

Dahye da best

2247D050548E60581EB219

Can't we just get Yura with another guy? Pls?

Meh I like him and in turn them together. Yura would only be a fraction of how cute she is without him around. She has to turn it up to 11 just to get a reaction out of that guy lol, would probably be different if they were a real couple I'm sure, but hey its a tv show and hes the eye candy. I figure thats all they casted him for anyway haha.

Pendulum

Yura's always at 11 though.

Edit: EXID's "Up & Down" has obviously been big these past few months (still in the top 10 on Melon), but although it hasn't gone viral internationally, I now get the impression it's been treated a little like this year's Gangnam Style/BarBarBar in Korea. Watching this week's Running Man, it got mentioned (in reply to a comment about Gangnam Style) again (3rd week in a row, I think?). Add that to the pile of other references on variety shows I've seen in the past month or so.

Nicole getting a Japanese debut in April
On February 17, one of Nicole's representatives stated, "Nicole will be making her Japanese solo debut in April. The new music that Nicole will release in Japan will be totally different than her debut solo album that was released last year in Korea. It seems like it will be an album that will show off a totally new side of Nicole."
Nothing much else to say really. My wallet is at the ready. Get hype!
tumblr_nhpntoT6Nt1qjhpqlo1_500.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Edit: EXID's "Up & Down" has obviously been big these past few months (still in the top 10 on Melon), but although it hasn't gone viral internationally, I now get the impression it's been treated a little like this year's Gangnam Style/BarBarBar in Korea. Watching this week's Running Man, it got mentioned (in reply to a comment about Gangnam Style) again (3rd week in a row, I think?). Add that to the pile of other references on variety shows I've seen in the past month or so.
Eh, people may see it as a one-hit wonder but in reality so long as they don't release garbage-tier stuff, they'll be given stages and taken seriously. That's a hell of a lot better than being nugus. The real winner here is LE. It's a matter of chance whether she'll get another smash hit, but after you have shown you can write one, the industry will always give you more chances to try if your output is good, and hers is.

lol this weeks WGM addresses the various "rumors." So silly how serious people take a variety show.

I watched it and I felt that Soeun's apology felt fake as fnck. You could tell that Jaerim was serious about it, but Soeun was just joking around and apologizing whenever she can, then throw another joke to set off the mood. Since she's supposedly an actress and all, I kinda wonder why she couldn't even act serious at this moment... she could've used her acting skills and convince the viewers and PD's that she was serious about the apology, but apparently she doesn't even have the ability to do that, and she's considered an actress? I got about 5 minutes in their segment before deciding to turn off this fake ass apology lol.

I feel bad for Jaerim though, dude tried pretty hard early on and knowing that he knows how the game in the real world works, he'd probably would've ditched her already. But since this is a TV show and they signed contracts and all, he's stuck there until somebody calls it off. And if that happens, not only is he losing money, but his popularity could potentially fall off the map after being associated with a fake ass liar.

Anyway, just voicing my thoughts on this. Like I said before, I've stopped watching WGM when the scandals broke out but actually, I might be getting back in just because HJY/NGM are still so fun to watch and from that episode, it looked like JjongAh are starting to get better at it too. It's such a shame too as the LTE couple were one of the reasons I kept watching. Jaerim's a true playa and it was fun watching him try a lot of the tricks from the book on her. Too bad her fake ass personality has to ruin it for everyone.

Ym1r

I watched it and I felt that Soeun's apology felt fake as fnck. You could tell that Jaerim was serious about it, but Soeun was just joking around and apologizing whenever she can, then throw another joke to set off the mood. Since she's supposedly an actress and all, I kinda wonder why she couldn't even act serious at this moment... she could've used her acting skills and convince the viewers and PD's that she was serious about the apology, but apparently she doesn't even have the ability to do that, and she's considered an actress? I got about 5 minutes in their segment before deciding to turn off this fake ass apology lol.

I feel bad for Jaerim though, dude tried pretty hard early on and knowing that he knows how the game in the real world works, he'd probably would've ditched her already. But since this is a TV show and they signed contracts and all, he's stuck there until somebody calls it off. And if that happens, not only is he losing money, but his popularity could potentially fall off the map after being associated with a fake ass liar.

Anyway, just voicing my thoughts on this. Like I said before, I've stopped watching WGM when the scandals broke out but actually, I might be getting back in just because HJY/NGM are still so fun to watch and from that episode, it looked like JjongAh are starting to get better at it too. It's such a shame too as the LTE couple were one of the reasons I kept watching. Jaerim's a true playa and it was fun watching him try a lot of the tricks from the book on her. Too bad her fake ass personality has to ruin it for everyone.

I don't know, it seems like she wanted to keep a cheery mood instead of a somber one. Though that ended up being kind of awkward, it made her seem more human imo. That kind of shit is hard to deal with, especially with cameras pointed towards you.

I'm not going to play the guessing game like everybody else, just because she was out with a colleague doesn't mean shes dating the dude. Sure the likelihood is there, especially because she opened her mouth not too long ago, but I hang out with my best friend who happens to be a girl, doesn't mean were dating.

This is what happens when paparazzi assumes shit all the time, it creates disastrous outcomes. They need to build evidence if they want to release shit like that, just assuming their dating from them being out together for one night doesn't mean jack shit. If they caught them kissing, and holding hands or something else couples do, then yeah sure I'd believe it.

I'll take her word for it, I don't think shes lying. If she were, there would be absolutely no point in continuing the show, her popularity would decrease dramatically if she were to lie and continue We Got Married. Don't think anybody would risk it. Look at Lee Joon with his WGM mate, Oh Yeon Seo. She bailed right away when her dating rumours came out. Though it damaged her image, it was significantly less damage than being found out while continuing WGM (If she lied about dating Jang Woo and stayed on WGM while actually dating Jang Woo). If Kim So Eun's dating scandal were true she'd be bailing out asap too.

Also I'm sure the show would end their stint if it were true, just like the show kinda forced Joon and Oh Yeon Seo out. Which reinforced the fact that Oh Yeon Seo's dating scandal was true.

I don't know, it seems like she wanted to keep a cheery mood instead of a somber one. Though that ended up being kind of awkward, it made her seem more human imo. That kind of shit is hard to deal with, especially with cameras pointed towards you.

I'm not going to play the guessing game like everybody else, just because she was out with a colleague doesn't mean shes dating the dude. Sure the likelihood is there, especially because she opened her mouth not too long ago, but I hang out with my best friend who happens to be a girl, doesn't mean were dating.

I see your point and I agree it can make somebody more human, but the jokes were just annoying and to me it just felt insincere. That's the biggest issue I had about that segment... I just couldn't sense any kind of sincerity coming from her. It's why I'm saying that if she's really an actress then she could've used those skills to make it seem sincere.

That said, I honestly don't care about her dating scandal, she could be telling the truth that she's not dating anybody or that she's lying and really is dating. But the precedent is already there once you count for the things she's said before and then you add this, to me, insincere apology, then I personally wouldn't trust anything she says unless it can be vetted by someone else. I don't care if they get the boot from the show either, but if they do end up staying, then she needs to shut the fnck up and spend the rest of their stint convincing whoever's watching that she's not a fake ass liar.

But going by the comments online, a lot of the fans are calling for their exit already... so I wouldn't be surprised if it does happen soon. What's sad here is that if she never said those comments that broke the illusion of WGM, the dating scandal would be a non-issue. They'd be able to address it like mature adults, exactly like what Jonghyun and Yura did, and move on from it. The dating scandal just added fuel to the fire just because she couldn't shut her damn mouth up lol.

llehuty

*Rant complaining of someone being fake in WGM*

jongkookie... pls

Shit like this happens because people take that show to seriously:
Hong Jin Young Was Careful Not to Eat Out with Guy Friends Being Part of “We Got Married”
I actually didn’t eat with guys while being on ‘We Got Married.’ Unless it was hanging out with more than four people, I didn’t show up.
This is sad.

Edit: Ear fetish GAF should be pleased with this SM rookie

jongkookie... pls

Lol I agree it's ridiculously ironic that I'm complaining about somebody being fake in a fake show, but that's the point y'all are missing. In a moment like that, you really need to be fake and pretend that it's all good in the hood, not look insincere and throw more fuel to the fire.

Also if you think discussing the merits of WGM as creepy, then open your fncking eyes? Apparently it's fine to stare and objectify the women in K-Pop but when we're talking about a stupid show, we're automatically labeled creepy as fnck.

Pendulum

It has been revealed that EXID’s Hani, G-Friend’s Yerin, as well as actresses Nam Ji Hyun, Jung So Min, and Yoon So Hee will be appearing as guests on an upcoming broadcast of SBS’ variety program “Running Man.”

G-Friend member on RM? Fastest travelling nugu I've seen. (I guess they impressed on Haha's "Yaman" show)

Tangeroo

New episode of Running Man is pretty good. I'm a little disappointed that
only makes a cameo appearance. At least
Seo Woo
now knows her pain from last year. I was glad to see
Fei
as one of the contestants. She's a ringer and not even Kwangsoo will be able to tank that team.

People who watch WGM are so fucking creepy.

People who take it serious are, I'll give you that. Personally its my favorite k-tv show, no shame in admitting it lol.

That said... contemplating if her apology was fake or not.... the entire relationship is fake haha. I really can't understand how people just cannot draw that line of understanding for themselves. Either way the couple always had that "we say cheesy shit to each other, simply cause its for the show" vibe to me as fun as it was to watch. Guess I was not as invested as some people judging from the online comments.

Other note since EXID came up along with Gangham, in this weeks Running Man some random tourist heard they were from Korea and of course... Gangham style was the first thing he asked. Thought Gary's reaction was fucking hilarious "Do you know Gangham style?!" Gary:....-sigh- NO! Then asked if they knew Up and Down.

Not surprising in the least but funny to see him not hide the reaction about Gangham style.

Peru

Sistar have had bigger hits than any other girl group in the past few years so top tier is obvious. But I have a feeling they've peaked... other groups are doing what they're doing now. So have Girl's Day, though, they're def not ascending to the top. RIP idol groups.

No No Eul

I know a lot of people like Sistar's more recent output but personally I don't think they've released anything worthwhile since Alone that remix of Alone. It's pretty disappointing really. I loved their earlier singles.

Also, judging by the sales charts from last year, Apink really ought to be top tier at this point.

llehuty

SISTAR?

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

Whats the rankings based on? Coz that list is effed up.

The list was made by 10 total directors/staff from: A Cube, TS Entertainment, SM Entertainment, Dream TEa Entertainment, Starship Entertainment, TOP Media, Ije Company, Cube Entertainment, Happy Face Entertainment, JYP

I don't usually pay attention to these rankings, but I think this one is quite reasonable; some minor displacements and that's it.

And Sisturd definitely deserves that spot. Everything they release gets to #1 in the charts and usually stay in the top 10/20 for months. Add to that Soyou's solo that was one of the biggest idol hits of last year. They are unfortunatelydefinitely a very popular group.

Eldren

Voice Of A Generation Kim Hyoyeon wil be appearing on two episodes of Immortal Song 2 in March; she filmed her episodes this week with S (that SM boy group with Kangta, they had a comeback last year with that MV with Yuri.) This makes her the first member of SNSD to appear on the show. Please show her lots of love!
For once this is actually a serious post and not a joke, she really is going to be on Immortal Song 2

Jisook and Jaekyung could start their own arts and crafts company if/when they retire from kpop. Women of many talents.

llehuty

This is gold: "Sulli’s biggest/only fansite closed, which is awesome cause the admin is crazy"

sulli94.net is a famous vicious individual fan among f(x) Korean fans. By vicious is she despises other members and only think Sulli is the best. If Sulli gained other new fansite, sulli94.net will blackmail or threaten the new fansite till they closed down.

But that's not all: "Details of Sulli's fansite admin's rage"

Jinnabit (sulli94net) is Sulli's biggest fansite admin. She's very close with Sulli to the point of contacting each other personally. She's almost 10 years older than Sulli and was like Sulli's unnie. On Twitter, she expressed that some stuff triggered her to stop being a fan. One of them was that Sulli asked her for Choiza's account because it's extremely hard to get an account on the fansite. She's preparing to sue the people that are cursing at her on Twitter, and a lot of them are begging her to forgive them (one of them even wrote a hand-written apology)

Gotta love Sulli's no fucks given attitude.
Although, fuck her for ruinning f(x).

For once this is actually a serious post and not a joke, she really is going to be on Immortal Song 2

I'll believe when I see it.

Sorry late getting back to ya

I looked it up, and yeah, it is indeed often against the rules for women to wear clothes that openly flaunt bellybuttons in broadcast media in SK . Obviously, it COULD be a style choice, but it's hard to believe when there are literally 0% of bellybuttons being shown anywhere. If it was a mix, you could see 'yeah, maybe it's the big thing' but no way you would get 100% agreement that mom-cut pants are better. In non-broadcast media and dramatic roles, it might be okay, but still considered 'vulgar.' I dunno, never been to Korea nor do I know much about their culture. I just think those pants suck.

I suspect that pic you posted of the SNSD cast flaunting their midriffs was from the Japanese video, not the Korean video for Gee. One could guess that it's probably not illegal in Japan, so there ya go.

It was that popular video by Exid where I was like "wow, this looks awful. This can't be a choice."

Maybe it's just KBS, but regardless mom-cut pants have gotsta go... with all due respect to Korea's cultural standards of decency. The choice is clearly coming from the top.

Most likely is. They don't even allow bikini's. Makes it crazy to see everyone work out so hard for those bodies... then have to wear a shirt and jean shorts when they jump in a pool lol.

llehuty

Maybe it's just KBS, but regardless mom-cut pants have gotsta go... with all due respect to Korea's cultural standards of decency. The choice is clearly coming from the top.

It's not a KBS thing.

Maybe it's to avoid muffing tops when they get some weight fluctuations? It's probably just a trend or something, a horrible one, but I wouldn't put much thought into it.

giri

Sorry late getting back to ya

I looked it up, and yeah, it is indeed often against the rules for women to wear clothes that openly flaunt bellybuttons in broadcast media in SK . Obviously, it COULD be a style choice, but it's hard to believe when there are literally 0% of bellybuttons being shown anywhere. If it was a mix, you could see 'yeah, maybe it's the big thing' but no way you would get 100% agreement that mom-cut pants are better. In non-broadcast media and dramatic roles, it might be okay, but still considered 'vulgar.' I dunno, never been to Korea nor do I know much about their culture. I just think those pants suck.

I suspect that pic you posted of the SNSD cast flaunting their midriffs was from the Japanese video, not the Korean video for Gee. One could guess that it's probably not illegal in Japan, so there ya go.

It was that popular video by Exid where I was like "wow, this looks awful. This can't be a choice."

The Mum Cut is a choice for a few reasons. Showing panties on korean broadcast is a quick way to get yourself banned. Add in that many of them have to wear mic packs in their pants that are fairly heavy and it just becomes a safe choice to prevent shit storms.

It also helps to over emphasize curves on some girls. And allows for asspads on others.

Rookies like 4ten are showing off #belly on mucore, so there's still plenty of #belly to be seen.

But when you can get camel toe on broadcasts i'm not really sure it's relevant. I mean if you look at the AoA outfits for like a cat there wan't a lack of skin on any of them. And hyoseung has been trying to show as much boob as she can for years.

The Mum Cut is a choice for a few reasons. Showing panties on korean broadcast is a quick way to get yourself banned. Add in that many of them have to wear mic packs in their pants that are fairly heavy and it just becomes a safe choice to prevent shit storms.

It also helps to over emphasize curves on some girls. And allows for asspads on others.

Rookies like 4ten are showing off #belly on mucore, so there's still plenty of #belly to be seen.

But when you can get camel toe on broadcasts i'm not really sure it's relevant. I mean if you look at the AoA outfits for like a cat there wan't a lack of skin on any of them. And hyoseung has been trying to show as much boob as she can for years.

It's just the most awful look ever. I'd accept that it's to trick viewers into seeing more curvy-looking women, but it looks incredibly dorky from a North American standpoint. Reminds me of 1990's midwest mom jeans. I'd wager 99 out of 100 pictures in this thread are mom-jeaned up, lol. Not a good look for ole' Sunny from SNSD, in particular.

Top Bottom