• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

F-ve Dolls Confirms Disbandment, Members to Go Their Separate Ways

I guess this was bound to happen after a full year of basically no activities... "Soulmate #1" is still my jam though.

Wonder what will happen to Nayeon. Oh well, at least we still got Chocolat!

Soulmate #1 is great.
CCM never disappoints music-wise

Seriously. 5Dolls, Co-Ed School, Speed, even Gangkiz have had so many great songs aside form what we already get from, T-ara. I don't like MBK as it's called now, but their amazing output can't be denied.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh well, at least we still got Chocolat!
Actually we apparently got confirmation of their disbandment through a tweet reply months ago, and all of the members dropped "Chocolat" from their SNS accounts. It was never even announced. I guess Paramount/Universal doesn't like that formality/courtesy, or with their crazy money might be keeping the name in their pocket to remake it with new members later.

Dice

Yes, which is interesting. If she is named "Chocolat's Tia" that changes the perspective a bit, but I'd expect her just to be presented as herself, since she was more popular than the others. Still, it seems odd that she'd get a gig to work with an SM group while still with Paramount, so perhaps she is with SM now? We'll see.

vanty

Kyungri pls.

isbxzT8vOq9Fq.jpg

Kyungri pls
raise your chin up a bit what are you hiding in every photo it's weird not that this photo is a particularly notable example but still

Actually we apparently got confirmation of their disbandment through a tweet reply months ago, and all of the members dropped "Chocolat" from their SNS accounts. It was never even announced. I guess Paramount/Universal doesn't like that formality/courtesy, or with their crazy money might be keeping the name in their pocket to remake it with new members later.

giphy.gif

Lalalala.gif

wHA0thf.gif

Isn't Tia supposed to be in RV's new song/video? something like that...? Or was that just a rumor?

What? Wasn't it an SM rookie? I haven't heard anything about Tia being in it.

What if that Red Velvet video goes to the SM dungeon and never sees the light of day?

Ice Cream Cake is real god damn it!

giri

Nicole after the promotion period went MIA...

She did a ton of variety. She also had some bad health at the end of it.

Has announced her Japan debut to start soon.

Now in that variety show with kyungri,hani, .... i forget, the list of excellent idols was massive. Must watch. I guess.

And is wearing more skirts than ever before. Long live skirts.

Ties

Banned
lmao red velvet gonna end up like the grace

poor sm should have bought and debuted friend lmao

gfriend already CLIMBING the charts 2 months into their debut with their song and trending member yerin is slaying naver

they are coming this year bookmark

more successful than red velvet and lovelyz by far

EDIT

SCALDING EXPOSE:

B_yjwn3UYAAYIo-.jpg

B_yjwn_UIAAb8qV.jpg

yeri is one of the seven hidden girls in the happiness video. girl what kind of layered cake concept is this mess? a new member each comeback, RIP

Dice

yeri is one of the seven hidden girls in the happiness video. girl what kind of layered cake concept is this mess? a new member each comeback, RIP
RIP perfection

SM just couldn't accept it

luso

SME said:
With the new member, Red Velvet will widen the range or their musical potential and maximize the synergy effect among the members and present high quality performances.
This infamous horrible word.

Hmm, interesting. I'll welcome this new girl for now, lets see what she's got aside from a pretty face. Fucking hyped for Red Velvets first album though. Year of Red Velvet is upon us.

Irene looks weird.

15.jpg

Yeah. She can pull of the blonde hair easily, but the contacts need to go. Contacts never look good. Wish Korea had learnt this after UP & DOWN. Still gorgeous though!

gfriend too ugly for SM.

ziPf6.gif

luso

gfriend too ugly for SM.

But better results?

Let's be honest, aside being from SM had hyped because of it, RV did not have much impact.
RV Looks likes a SM experiment, there is no visible clear focus on their concept. Seems to be inverse of the graduation system.

Ym1r

But better results?

Let's be honest, aside being from SM had hyped because of it, RV did not have much impact.
RV Looks likes a SM experiment, there is no visible clear focus on their concept. Seems to be inverse of the graduation system.

What? The only thing I said was that GFriend wasn't bought out by SM, despite having an outstanding debut for a rookie group (which I think was pretty average), was because they are too ugly.

If you wanna talk results tho, RV barely got any promotion at all compared to their brother and sister groups, Happiness came out of no where, and it actually did relatively well. The follow up Be Natural was kind of out of no where too, and did significantly worse, I'm guessing because it was a cover of a song.

GFriend did extraordinarily well for a rookie group, though they are really... ugly. Yerin is the only one that looks decent, and shes more cute than pretty. I don't know why they did well, I thought the song was boring and was too much of a replicate of Into the New World. I assume the concept though is being well received, as there aren't many girl groups doing it these days. It also may have to do something with Lovelyz kind of dying because of Jisoo.

I think if Lovelyz did not have the Jisoo scandal they'd probably be the #1 rookie girl group right now.

luso

I think there's a misunderstanding here, maybe my English?

My statement meant I agree with you - I don't find them particularly attractive (except one I cannot identify) - and that GFriend has/had better results than RV.

Also, how it will be Happiness choreography now?

kingkitty

I can recall the day I realized that someone I knew was going to be a member of Chocolat.

and then I dreamed that Chocolat was gonna hit it super big, and I was going to tell everyone that I once had a famous kpop star on my skype list.

but the dream is dead.

llehuty

Lmao at G-friend being ugly, nice one guys.

Also, poor Red Velvet, is like SM is actively trying to make the group flop. It makes zero sense, it's like they are just experimenting for the sake of it. I feel bad for the new girl.

스텔라 (Stellar) - 멍청이 (Fool) MV
This is such a no event. Why did they go with a 9muses reject song to make a comeback?

This on the other hand is great.

InfiniteZen

Neo Member

Yeah, back in summer of 2013 when Melanie started skyping with fans in a way to have a somekind of 'touch' with them, I was sure that they'd have a better future, besides, Black Tinkerbell was really good. She even told me that they were preparing for a comeback.. which never actually happened.

Was the fact that Melanie openly admitted having a boyfriend -and then leaving the group- made Paramount angry?

I still don't want to believe they're disbanded...

Top Bottom