• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

JustinBB7

Last Running Man Episode was amazing btw, only cute girl guests and it was couples so those are always great. Fun games too.

tumblr_nl28dnzJ0x1u5mgffo3_400.gif

tumblr_nl064wsPfW1rxnmszo1_540.png

Kwangsoo on instagram now as well: https://instagram.com/masijacoke850714/

No No Eul

As weird and unneccessary as this is, it's a pretty intriguing move. I'm sort of OK with it, although she better be up to the performance standards of the rest of the group.

스텔라 (Stellar) - 멍청이 (Fool) MV
This is such a no event. Why did they go with a 9muses reject song to make a comeback?

I couldn't disagree more, based llehuty. Dare I say that Stellar has managed to out-muse the Muses, at least as far as 2015 releases go. It's a great little tune.

I like the video too. All credit to them for directly addressing the haters.

llehuty

I couldn't disagree more, based llehuty. Dare I say that Stellar has managed to out-muse the Muses, at least as far as 2015 releases go. It's a great little tune.

I like the video too. All credit to them for directly addressing the haters.
No No Eul, pls, 2015 muses doesn't count.

I mean, the song is not bad, but it's just not title track material IMO (like Drama). That it's a follow up to the amazing Mask doesn't help either.

Peru

I had wondered about this and never bothered to actually check, but just assumed Jo Yeong-cheol had nothing to do with them anymore because his team - Kim Eana, director Hwang Soo-Ah etc suddenly no longer had anything to do with Fiestar and their typically Loen 'well-made' feel was lost.

Yet if the shift in Fiestar’s image cannot be explained within the context of the girl groups going sexy trend, there still exists the question of why Fiestar’s image went and continues to skew towards the sexier side of the spectrum. The answer has little to do with market forces and much more to do with the internal changes at LOEN Entertainment in 2013, specifically their restructuring. As detailed in another post on this blog, “Don’t Fear the Subsidiary Label,” in 2013 a Hong Kong equity firm purchased majority stock in LOEN Entertainment. Consequently, LOEN was restructured into a multi-label system, splitting their main music label into two separate in-house labels —the Jo Yeong-cheol-run LOEN Tree and Shinsadong Tiger-run Collabodadi— with FIESTAR part of the latter.

http://blog.mjohnso.com/post/113366853871/the-curious-case-of-fiestars-sexy-concept

luso

DSP said:
Many thanks to all the fans who supported Rainbow’s third mini album, and we’ll work hard to return new and improved. Thank you,”

With a swan's song in 2016?
As seems to be common, contracts could be 7 years long, meaning next year is the last officially. They as Rainbow, are on life-support for quite some time.

Loci

Are there any other Korean artists that have the same style as Zia?
I assume you mean her female vocalist ballad style?

Lyn, Taru, Hwayobi, NaVi, Davichi, Baek Jiyoung.

Who ever sits in the background at the BTS office and is in charge of beats really knows his shit.
Simple hiphop beats with good samples, as it should be. They only follow the current american trend for their promoted tracks on their albums.

llehuty

Are there any other Korean artists that have the same style as Zia?

By same style as Zia you mean classical ballads? I'm not very familiar with her music, but I can't identify anything stylistically different from a ballad.

You can't go wrong with Davichi in terms of ballads

DAVICHI - It's alright, It's love
DAVICHI - 또 운다 또 (Cry Again) MV

Younha has a very diverse discography, but she has plenty of great ballads:

윤하 (Younha) - 내 마음이 뭐가 돼 (Wasted) MV
윤하 (Younha) - 괜찮다 MV
윤하 (Younha) - Home MV

Lyn also gets some love

LYn(린) _ Miss you...Crying(보고 싶어...운다)
LYn(린) _ Thank You My Dear(고마워요 나의 그대여)

Anyway, k-ballad GAF experts will probably have better recommendations anyway. Fake edit: This post is now irrelevant because Loc already replied.

llehuty

They gave Jimin another track? Parody.

Yeah it's a bit embarrasing. I'll wait for the subs to check it, maybe she gave a stellar performance somehow.
I doubt it.
I hope that for the last episodes/next season they take the judging a bit more seriously now that the show is kind of a hit and every single track hits #1 independently of the rapper.

Ep5 subs are out (not at the usual place yet though) and it's probably the best episode yet. The team performances were a bit boring, but damn the duels and the drama.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Poor Gfriend girl, hurting herself for comedy.

Not just that but one of the best moments in the episode, is literally in the background after she uses her Ji Suk Jin step ladder. The game was designed so the girls could avoid walking on the accupressure mats but dammit she jumps right on them and basically does a pain rattle in the background haha.

That and Suk Jin manages to drop her on them later hahaha

ramyeon

They gave Jimin another track? Parody.
She actually did pretty well in the battle with Cheetah.

The track itself is a mess though, not really through any fault of her own.

Kisum and Jimin were also fantastic in the teamwork battle this episode. Personally thought they were more enjoyable than Jessi and Jidam, but Jessi in general just rubs me the wrong way. She's obviously still bitter over being creamed by Kisum in the last battle episode, it's hilarious.

Jace, on the other hand, is terrible. Shame she dragged Tymee down so much this episode.

Top Bottom