• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Eldren

Do you have any photos or videos of Taeyeon from when she appeared on Immortal Song and won 3 times in a row? Just so we can compare their dresses.

10919077_791198094296317_676206960_n.jpg

luso

Happy for Hyo but the duet dudes were the principal artists, right?

Crayon Pop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0nkbwrUZKU
Edit: already posted.

Is now SM serious about RV? If you look seriously at the money poured into this comeback it blows your mind. Now they have proper teasers, finally a mini and the most costly stuff are the 2 MVs (one of them in USA)! This is up to millions.

5. [+18, -5] She got so old looking now

3. [+201, -32] Enough with this traitor Jessica, OUT!

6. [+18, -10] Isn't she 27 years old... she looks older. Looks like an ajumma.

8. [+15, -5] As our ancestors always said, your face changes according to how you act. She acts with malicious intent and look at how venomous she looks now.

ayy

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Was obviously supposed to be the follow up to Red Light.

Terrible mess of a song, but I like the MV.

mr_chun

I don't understand what the hell they want Red Velvet to be lol. Every song and music video has been completely different than the one before it. I haven't disliked any of it, but I like some continuity now and then.

I don't understand what the hell they want Red Velvet to be lol. Every song and music video has been completely different than the one before it. I haven't disliked any of it, but I like some continuity now and then.

WHO GIVES A FUCK

THE SONG IS FUCKING AWESOME

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

ill be visiting Seoul next month for a week(from US). Do I need my passport everywhere I go or can I just lock it in a hotel safe during my stay?

In a foreign country, always take it everywhere you go in my opinion. I used to live in East Asia and the cops would routinely ask for my ID that proves I am allowed to be there because I was white.

After 2nd listen... yep, still IGAB 2.0 for me.

This clearly is an f(x) song and they nailed it, but yeah f(x) probably would've done it better.

Dice

*puts flamesuit on*

This is I Got A Boy 2.0.

Seriously.

*runs and hides*
Nah. While I don't feel it/appreciate it as he does, Peru is correct that IGAB stacks into itself as it goes on into a complex climactic ending. This is just disjointed and ADHD.

I do like the soundscapes on the chorus here, which evoke Garbage (Shirley Manson's band) but infused with a healthy dose of cheerleader pep. Unfortunately, there is no cohesiveness or direction with the rest of the song and it seems like it's trying to pull from random pop sounds they thought sounded fresh with no mind for melody or flow whatsoever. You have to wait around for the chorus to be like "this is my jam" and then it goes into those hang notes and chants so it never lets go into that wild field. Those elements could work all together better with some restructuring, as glimpsed in the transition to the last chorus, but the verses are dead weight and it really needs to let go into something bigger to be next level.

AReed

ill be visiting Seoul next month for a week(from US). Do I need my passport everywhere I go or can I just lock it in a hotel safe during my stay?

Make copies of your passport and carry that around with you. Stow the real version in the safe. That way if you misplace or lose the copied pp, no harm no foul.

Dice

Minah MV https://youtu.be/oeW2XgcWt5o

Today is awesome.

Song is alright but forgettable, hair & makeup on point (esp black dress look), fashion passable, choreo a downgraded Jiyeon solo. Welcome offering but not too challenging.

ramyeon

So looks like Red Velvet is indeed now getting songs that f(x) would have had. Oh well. It's a good tune, I appreciate the disjointedness of it.

In a foreign country, always take it everywhere you go in my opinion. I used to live in East Asia and the cops would routinely ask for my ID that proves I am allowed to be there because I was white.
You will not be asked for your passport by police here. The only time you may ever need it is when going to clubs, and even then only the really strict ones will ask specifically for your passport. Usually any kind of ID card with your birthday is enough.

ikuze

I didn't expect anything from the Red Velvet song but now I really like it. It's quite catchy.
I'm kind of confused about the logo at the end though, this doesn't look like a candle on a cake.

Minah's song is kind of meh. :(

neoism

5. [+18, -5] She got so old looking now

3. [+201, -32] Enough with this traitor Jessica, OUT!

6. [+18, -10] Isn't she 27 years old... she looks older. Looks like an ajumma.

8. [+15, -5] As our ancestors always said, your face changes according to how you act. She acts with malicious intent and look at how venomous she looks now.

ayy

damn so cold ..shit don't even like jessica but she is fucking gorgeous... people be crazy.. still would love to know what happen between her and tae..

Nah. While I don't feel it/appreciate it as he does, Peru is correct that IGAB stacks into itself as it goes on into a complex climactic ending. This is just disjointed and ADHD.

Yeah, after about a few more listens I actually can't even find any cohesion to it. If anything, the drum samples are probably the only thing that are shared throughout the song. Everything else seems to be it's own independent musical phrase and it just doesn't work for me.

Also, I'm glad nobody else took the bait about IGAB. I think me and Peru are the only ones in all of K-Pop GAF that think IGAB is a SNSD classic... everyone else seems to think it's a pure mess.

NS Yoon G wants to be your waifu wifey.

https://youtu.be/MFymVb_Fkc4

Her and G.NA are seriously my fave noonas in the game lol. I'd put Ailee up there too, but y'all know how it is hahaha.

Kidding aside, I actually find it weird how G.NA's more popular than Yoon-G coz G.NA's never really achieved something to gather attention. Meanwhile Yoon-G teased the shit out of everyone with Yasisi a year ago. Both are great at what they do though. I guess it's just coz G.NA's with Cube while Yoon-G is with JTM or whoever that company is.

vanty

Also, I'm glad nobody else took the bait about IGAB. I think me and Peru are the only ones in all of K-Pop GAF that think IGAB is a SNSD classic... everyone else seems to think it's a pure mess.
I hated it at first, but within a week I was into it and now it's easily a top-3 Korean SNSD song for me. I'm sure there are a bunch of others with similar thoughts, it's not a niche thing to like.

Top Bottom