• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

luso

I reckon IGAB is a classic.
I first thought "WTF!?" but I calmed down, listened to it more times and with more attention, and now I enjoy it.
The Boys wasn't like this, the concept was great, but there are a few segments in the music I still cringe...

Ice Cream Cake in the first third is a f(x) song indeed, but later on even with those key changes is no IGAB, it doesn't makes sense compare them (they are nothing alike). I like the chorus but that "rap"/quick wording, I don't like it. Overall is still a thumb up. As so many f(x) songs this is not "public friendly".
Also what are the lyrics? A bad-ass song about a dessert!?
I know, it's k-pop
Automatic can be more listenable on the long term though.
Also the MV is outdoor, SM plunged dollars into this.

luso

Minah song is boring. It feels the voice is always forcefully strained (is this the right word?).

RIP roommate. I will most likely not follow next season. This had a good run, the cast was indeed balanced out but in the end relied too much on guest appearances and not on many group activities.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
mmhmmm
iZK4eFRwCZD14.jpg

kiyomi

Minah - I actually like the song more than most around here, I guess? It's a little bit dry but I thought it was pretty enjoyable to listen to, just not a hawt jam. Plus she looks great.

I don't know how to feel about Ice Cream Cake, the chorus was pretty good and I like the MV concept but the rest of the song was just kinda messy.

Kuno

MFBTY (Yoon Mirae, Tiger JK, Bizzy) feat. EE, Rap Monster, Dino-J - BuckuBucku

Yoon Mirae said:
To toot my own horn
I'm as good as I claim
Who them other broads
Bitch stay in your lane
Boss bitch, self made, you hoes is trained
Long as I'm around, Queen T, it'll never change

Think you competin'? Please, you don't wanna see me heated
I don't want, but if needed, leave 'em bleedin', I'm fuckin underrated

They wanna take my spot
Mad cuz I'll never stop
Mad cuz I'm hot you not
I'll always finish up on top

WindingGrotesqueCobra.gif

I like Minah's solo, hits all the marks for a checklist of girl group solo music videos, burned/trashed building ect. lol. Good song, lacks that -thing- to make it amazing but I dig it and hope she does more songs since I hear a lot of potential.

And Minah is my shit so idk what she does.

llehuty

Red Velvet 레드벨벳_Ice Cream Cake_Music Video

it seems im the only one that likes this song more than automatic (which I also liked).

It's like Shadow and Red had a baby. SM really setting them appart from every other nugu. The song is good, but the transition from chorus to verses is non existent, seems like the CD skips a track or something.

Weird transitions appart, it's still better then IGAB. At least it's only jumping between 2 tracks that are interesting and not 5 (with 2 of them being horrible).

Minah MV https://youtu.be/oeW2XgcWt5o

Today is awesome.

Song is alright but forgettable, hair & makeup on point (esp black dress look), fashion passable, choreo a downgraded Jiyeon solo. Welcome offering but not too challenging.

This is so damn boring and safe... will probably be a hit. I lost my hope on Girl's Day going back to doing entertaining music, it's like they are Sistar or something with generic and unexciting releases. Well, I guess nothing lasts forever.

RIP
Girl's Day (2010 -2013)

I would totally be on board with a Girl's Day 19 subunit with Sojin and Yura though.

And yeah, she indeed looks great in the MV.

Her and G.NA are seriously my fave noonas in the game lol. I'd put Ailee up there too, but y'all know how it is hahaha.

Kidding aside, I actually find it weird how G.NA's more popular than Yoon-G coz G.NA's never really achieved something to gather attention. Meanwhile Yoon-G teased the shit out of everyone with Yasisi a year ago. Both are great at what they do though. I guess it's just coz G.NA's with Cube while Yoon-G is with JTM or whoever that company is.

G.na had some "big" hits years ago though.

Yoon-G on the other hand...

Looking forward the new cast. Let's be honest, the current one has some great characters, but 75% or them are dead weight.

neoism

Also, I'm glad nobody else took the bait about IGAB. I think me and Peru are the only ones in all of K-Pop GAF that think IGAB is a SNSD classic... everyone else seems to think it's a pure mess.

Nope I do as well love the song and the album.... Pretty sure besides Gee it's the only MV too have over 100m views.. Really hope their new Korean single for their comeback is as strong, with as good of a dance... Rally hope they don't fuck it up like with Mr Mr every other song on that mini was better.

I hated it at first, but within a week I was into it and now it's easily a top-3 Korean SNSD song for me. I'm sure there are a bunch of others with similar thoughts, it's not a niche thing to like.

Nope I do as well love the song and the album.... Pretty sure besides Gee it's the only MV too have over 100m views.. Really hope their new Korean single for their comeback is as strong, with as good of a dance... Rally hope they don't fuck it up like with Mr Mr every other song on that mini was better.

What the... where the hell were y'all when me and Peru were getting shitted on by almost everyone in the thread for understanding IGAB? Funny enough I think last time IGAB got brought up in the thread was when f(x) released Red Light haha.

Lol I still remember the shit I got from everyone back when IGAB came out and instantly declaring it to be a SNSD great.

Regardless, I'm glad to see IGAB getting it's credit, even if it's 3 years late or not.

"Big" lolol.

I honestly don't even get why she was picked to be part of Chamsonyeo... she wasn't doing any promotions like Sohyun or Lizzy, and doesn't have the standing popularity like Youngji. I'm willing to bet it was just Hyungdon and especially Defconn succumbing to the thirst.

No No Eul

Minah's single is decent enough. Certainly better than I was expecting. I love Ice Cream Cake though. The transitions from section to section may be sudden but I think it works really well.

I think me and Peru are the only ones in all of K-Pop GAF that think IGAB is a SNSD classic... everyone else seems to think it's a pure mess.

kookie pls
K-Pop GAF Survey March 2013 said:
izQWBd0QnvoMN.jpg

3. When you first heard Girls' Generation's sonic controversy 'I Got a Boy', what was your initial reaction?

38% I like section X but section Y really needs to go.

32% What the actual fuck did I just listen to?

18% Meh.

12% SNSD YOU'RE THE BEST EVERYONE ELSE LOOKS LIKE A LOSER COMPARED TO YOU SNSD YOU'RE ON ANOTHER LEVEL SNSD YOU'RE REALLY THE BEST IN THE WORLD EVERYtHING FADES WHEN YOU'RE AROUND SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD

ip3t5pacndtbC.png

iXnQa91hJGLFh.jpg

4. What do you think of 'I Got a Boy' now that you've had time to let its majesty sink in?

34% SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD

32% I like it but they really should have cut section Z.

26% Meh.

8% Alas, my ears have never recovered.

iOqaPkbwUbXdc.png

Kabuto

id7SxisaLTugn.png

Catchy af.
Yeri looks like Lizzy and Naeun fused together
ibxL5gutnz8Qr4.png

This is so damn boring and safe... will probably be a hit. I lost my hope on Girl's Day going back to doing entertaining music, it's like they are Sistar or something with generic and unexciting releases. Well, I guess nothing lasts forever.

RIP
Girl's Day (2010 -2013)

I would totally be on board with a Girl's Day 19 subunit with Sojin and Yura though.

And yeah, she indeed looks great in the MV.

I love Girl's Day, but you're so right :'( Female President album was so good but they haven't released anything as good since then.

neoism

What the... where the hell were y'all when me and Peru were getting shitted on by almost everyone in the thread for understanding IGAB? Funny enough I think last time IGAB got brought up in the thread was when f(x) released Red Light haha.

Lol I still remember the shit I got from everyone back when IGAB came out and instantly declaring it to be a SNSD great.

Regardless, I'm glad to see IGAB getting it's credit, even if it's 3 years late or not.

"Big" lolol.

I honestly don't even get why she was picked to be part of Chamsonyeo... she wasn't doing any promotions like Sohyun or Lizzy, and doesn't have the standing popularity like Youngji. I'm willing to bet it was just Hyungdon and especially Defconn succumbing to the thirst.
Lol I was here I will admit it took a few listens to let it too jive with me.. But yeah it's one of there best Korean singles... And the video was awesome... And even though SM most definitely worked them too hard they definitely tried during their promotions.. I can't wait for their comeback I hope tae doesn't over do it for her solo.. She could hurt her voice or something..plus there only being 8 now more will get more lines...
its up to SM not to fuck it up and to give them good songs....

Just watched the 2015 Star Golden Bell. I watched a few old ones before but gotta say this one was enjoyable too.

Any recent shows similar to this?

Niks

My reaction to IGAB

niks said:
Just had a listen to the new MV.

So its 3-4 songs in one?? I agree that it seems a bit disjointed, but the main part is solid... I mean the song should have started at the 2 min mark, and the vocal part with taeng and tiff also should be cut.

The choreo is great though.

Its a good song... not genie great, but still good.

Dice

Hyosung Day was successful. We were heard by the kpop gods and now Hyosung will be having a comeback next month.

Ties

Banned

K1LLER7

Red Velvet album out

will edit with links when all the tracks are online but heres something kinda crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtVi34_02ek

their r&b tracks seriously shit all over their dance tracks so i hope sm just ditches the red concept completely and just go velvet lol
Not really listened to RV before but this track and Automatic are pretty good. Not a fan of ICC. Will listen to their other songs too.

Also one of these girls sounds a bit like SNSDs Taeyeon.

Ym1r

RV is so good, I think its time to really give up what I have left invested in SNSD and just move full force to Red Velvet.

Dice

I love the chorus in Stupid Cupid. It's like everything prior in the song just unfolds, like a blooming. Actually the whole thing is unfolding, the other pieces getting foreshadowed very subtly, so even the chorus plays back into strengthening the verse to make the whole thing satisfying. It's brilliant.

Slaygi on 사탕 is too OP.

Broank

Pretty nice album imo. I think I like ICC and Automatic the best of the songs though.

Something Kind of Crazy, Take it Slow and Candy are nice but are kinda nondescript at least first listen, could actually maybe put Automatic in that group too. Nice to listen to but nothing that really makes them distinct or sets them apart from each other. Stupid Cupid is the only one I don't really like.

Also one of these girls sounds a bit like SNSDs Taeyeon.

Seulgi maybe? I've heard people say that before. Joy sounds so much Like Sunny sometimes to me that I was taken back a little. lol

Yeah, Red Velvet are better off sticking to their velvety side.

Automatic, Candy, Something Kinda Crazy and Take It Slow are my jams off this album.

Also, if you need more proof that ICC was originally an f(x) track then just look here lol. ICC just feels out of place in the entire album. Like as if they just stuck in there just because it was the lead single. All other 5 songs are somewhat cohesive.

RV is so good, I think its time to really give up what I have left invested in SNSD and just move full force to Red Velvet.

Join the club, we've got candy, ice cream cakes and of course the standard red velvet cakes!

I mean I still like SNSD and I'm somewhat looking forward to their comeback but I'm not holding my breath tbh.

It'd have to be something as good as IGAB or I just kinda wouldn't really care.

Ym1r

Join the club, we've got candy, ice cream cakes and of course the standard red velvet cakes!

I mean I still like SNSD and I'm somewhat looking forward to their comeback but I'm not holding my breath tbh.

It'd have to be something as good as IGAB or I just kinda wouldn't really care.

I mean I was always on the RV hype train, but being an SNSD fan since their debut you know, I hold a special place in my heart for them. But I think it's time for RV to be on that spot now.

vanty

I just listened to Automatic and Ice Cream Cake probably four or five times each while grinding some Smash Bros singleplayer stuff and for me ICC is almost as good as Automatic and 8000x better than the first time I watched the MV. Would definitely prefer it as an f(x) song though. I wonder how many months it'll be before f(x) returns as four or is disbanded.

Top Bottom