• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

AReed

APink Weekly Idol in Saipan Preview

uXbquvZ.jpg

And Red Velvet TV cut

llehuty

That charsima.com with tempura kidz song was an instant classic from the first time I listened to it.

I have to agree with Kuno in that it's really annoying how hard is to find good japanese releases. I thing the main issue is the volume of japanese market + how they don't give a fuck about international audiences most of the time.

vanty

Moo Cow Lu with a lil cleave

Jiyoung was just on VS Arashi tonight which is a kinda-ok-depending-on-which-games-they-play variety show with the castmates of her new movie. Probably won't be subbed, at least not for quite a while, but it's a physical sort of show and it's pretty easy to know what's going on. She's got some weakass bangs at the moment which is no good though.

And RV performing ICC. The hair color suits none of them but Wendy especially is just like garbage wig style. Suits her about as well as Sunny's "I fell into some paint" hair.

roaSone

Good first performance, but man, these outfits were killing their moves... SM please.
It's funny how the MPD Cam is way better than the live broadcast

Watching TV Asahi's Music Station (probably the most popular music TV show in Japan) would be like torture. has garbage like Kobukuro, J SOUL BROTHERS (EXILE offshoot), Kis-My-Ft2 (Johnny's group), Southern All-Stars, and Yuzu (1997 debut).

You're nuts.

But yeah, Music Station is hardcore, family friendly, massappeal, been on the air way to long, completely pandering in its line up for well over a decade now. You only watch that these days if you want to see AKB48 and Johnny's "all sound the same" literally, boy bands.

I agree with the rest though about J-pop. A ton of talent, none of it is getting used constructively. Like AKB having some 300 odd members between all the groups and what not, but its only the same 15ish girls getting shown/promoted mainstream; The fact this girl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBECO93Mibo did not get a solo/promotions is extremely indicitave of the industry. (She has since left thankfully, got the main role in a few musicals and is now making $$$
10 mil for a musical while akb girls are making mimium wage
and there are a bunch of others like her sadly stuck in the various popgroups.

Most groups/producers just ain't trying anymore and riding the loyal fanbase to the grave. Hey just like Girls Generation/a ton of "why are they still around?" groups. Country still has great music but as said before they have 0 interest in showing or giving easy access to the international audience while K-pop has been doing everything and anything to appeal to outside countries.

mr_chun

The hair color suits none of them but Wendy especially is just like garbage wig style. Suits her about as well as Sunny's "I fell into some paint" hair.

I agree. I said when the teaser dropped that I was really disappointed that they went with the tired "bleach the shit out of everyone" comeback approach.

Yuri looking great here.

Either she got plastic surgery or she gained weight, her face looks a lot bigger than usual imo.

Hopefully it's the latter though. I'm all for idols actually eating like regular people instead of the BS diets they run through.

catching up on my roommate watching the episode with shoo, oh man shes so pretty for a 33 year old.

Yep, SES are definitely the forever fairy queens of K-Pop. Even Bada still looks gorgeous and she's already 35.

Speaking of which, y'all should watch the Infinite Challenge documentary of how they pulled off TOTOGA. I watched it yesterday and it was one of the most insightful things I've ever seen, both in the production aspect of the show and the lives of the cast.

Also it confirmed my thoughts that Shoo and Kim Jung-nam literally turned TOTOGA into an instant success. Even the main PD admits that without those two, TOTOGA would've failed real bad.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Watching Unpretty Rapstar 6. I only watched some highlight clips before but they do a good job of showing the show history with flashbacks so I feel like I didn't miss too much.

My thoughts on the team battles:

Cheetah was pro but didn't feel like she was giving her all, and Jolly V was a sloppy mess. Overall they didn't have much of a teamwork feel.

Jessi and Jidam had a good teamwork feel and Jidam in particular had a nice strong projection. Jessi felt tryhard and I've always felt that way about her.

Jace and Tymee was a tragic situation. Jace seemed scared of the whole situation and subdued, although her skills don't seem very high to begin with. Tymee dropped the rhyme like it was the end of her life but that in itself doesn't make a teamwork feeling. No such thing existed and the clap clap thing was DOA.

Jimin and Kisum were surprising. Even though I really don't like Jimin's rapping, I can't deny that here her technique was significantly better than Jolly V and Jace at very least. They had the strongest teamwork feeling, creating a real early 90s hiphop party vibe. The other girls, rather given to the rougher side of hiphop, didn't seem to catch this at all and thought they were relying on cuteness to charm the panel. Maybe somewhat true, but they were very hiphop.

Cheetah should have stepped up for Tymee during selections, but all the ego and drama was in the way. I hope all of this proves a boon to Tymee's career.

Ultimately none of them have a thing on rap goddess Irene.

I'm disappointed in y'all K-Pop GAF, how come no one posted Fei's teasers for their comeback??

Or rather, did y'all not post it coz y'all know everyone was going to die if it was posted?

I'll just post two just in case somebody dies, but the full set is here: http://imgur.com/a/8NK1K

Now excuse me while I go dig my grave... if these teasers are any indication, I feel that I might be dead if Suzy's is gonna be as good.

Dice

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen... or just your clothes. She looks high in the second one.

TBH I didn't post them because I already posted a lot and was too lazy to edit them in.

Here is some casual Fei.

luso

That has to be one of the worst comeback stages i've seen in quite a while, her outfits, the audio, the vocals, everything sucks. Dat Irene rap tho.

Also, you posted the same link twice, Luso pls.

Here's Automatic.

Fixed.
Also, it's Mnet, not known for good stages. As for RV themselves, for ICC, I think it was a very decent performance, singing live a lot while dancing a fast choreography.

Rumor SNSD will have comeback in May with a full album!
But until confirmation, I will not jump in joy.
Also, and I hope not, would be douche bag move from YG to pull Big Bang comeback in the same period.
Anyway, since exo seems to be after RV, SNSD must be at the end of May, I hope for a June 1st date.

tumblr_nlhjxpFu1O1sewbc1o1_1280.jpg

Seohyun. It could be a better looking photo because it looks almost CGI
tumblr_nlhn6yYS7Q1rxwxy6o1_1280.jpg

llehuty

I still can't believe Tymee was eliminated from Unpretty Rapstar without getting a single track. That elimination was so ridiculous though. They should have gotten #2 spot, or maybe #3, but worst performance? I mean Jace was pretty bad, but at least she was better than Jolly V.

_______

Sungah just can't stop being the best thing on kpop

I would gif the whole video if I could. So good ;_;

Eldren

Speaking of Shoo:

I think this is the 4th photoshoot in as many weeks. I'm not used to this. Is this how Yoona fans feel all the time? I probably shouldn't get used to it, it won't last.

-----

Dice, glad to see I'm not the only one who feels like Jessi is a tryhard. Everything she does is cringeworthy. People say she has "charisma" or is "just telling it like it is" but she's just rude and obnoxious. She was pissed because Tymee and Jace were eliminated instead of Jimin and Kisum but that episode just confirmed for me that she really doesn't understand the definition of "team", because the entire point was to perform as a team. Individually Tymee was great, but in the context of a team performance it was terrible. She and Jace had no chemistry and Jace was just awkward in general. Kisum and Jimin worked well together and put on a fun stage, hence why they placed second. Jessi can stay mad. Kisum was right that all she does is swear and use English. Yawn.

I hope Jimin wins and Jessi comes last out of whoever's left just to see her seethe.

Dice

Jessi has some rapping ability, but all too often she is overcome with insecurity and has to lash out with some ratchet shit to drown it out of her consciousness. She thinks this is what being tough is, but really it's just letting fear and fakeness control her identity, life, and relationships. It also degrades her raps as she becomes so obsessed with expressing aggression that she forgets to be clever or say something.

Everyone puts on a front, but you have to know the difference between the front and the foundation. She's as bad as Kanye with how worried she always is about how others perceive her. All of this is demonstrated very clearly with her emphasis that it is UNPRETTY rapstar. She thinks Kisum and Jimin are getting something with a cuteness she doesn't have, so she feels she has to tear it down to reaffirm the value of what she has. It's sad, disrespectful, and desperate.

That said, I'm not straight out anti-Jessi. I would rather see her realize these things and grow into someone better. If it would take losing to do that, then yes I hope she loses, but really I'm not sure what she would actually learn from. She hasn't demonstrated much capacity for learning toward becoming a better person compared to the others. The fact she didn't even recognize Jidam was being a lackey and encourage her to show some of her own color said a lot.

Top Bottom