• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

ramyeon

Like what? I've been looking for decent ones for months.
Just going through my iTunes library and jotting down a bunch.

Broken Valentine
Cherry Filter
Dear Cloud
Deli Spice
Donawhale
From the Airport
Galaxy Express
Hologram Film
Huckleberry Finn
Life and Time
Love X Stereo
LudiSTELO
MoT
Nell
Peppertones
Peterpan Complex
Phonebooth
Romantic Punch
Thornapple
we hate jh
Black Skirts
Gogo Star
Gunam Gwa Yeo Riding Stella
꿈에 카메라를 가져올걸 (I Should Have Brought My Camera to My Dream)
Hot Potato
Byul.org
Mongoose
Monni
The Solutions
Achime
Yoon Do Hyun Band
Jaurim
Electric Eels
The Koxx
Cranfield
3rd Line Butterfly
24Hours

That's a bunch I have in my library, not all but you get the gist. There's metal, punk, modern rock, shoegazey/ambient rock and all kinds of other genres in that list ;)

ramyeon

ramyeon not mentioning seo taiji & boys in a korean rock list
True, if I went to more classic rock there's a bunch more missing actually haha. Everything I posted (Except Donawhale and MoT) are all currently active groups.

Edit: See, I missed Boohwal and Crying Nut too. Shame on me :(

I like Dal Shabet's Joker. It's less of a jam than any other track Dal Shabet has released, but it's more well-rounded I guess. Less gimmicky. Usually Dal Shabet's quality is in the high quality production for me (Be Ambitious and dat instrumental) however it's a nice track, it needs to grow on me. Haven't listened to the mini yet.

Laieon

Broken Valentine
Cherry Filter
Dear Cloud
Deli Spice
Donawhale
From the Airport
Galaxy Express
Hologram Film
Huckleberry Finn
Life and Time
Love X Stereo
LudiSTELO
MoT
Nell
Peppertones
Peterpan Complex
Phonebooth
Romantic Punch
Thornapple
we hate jh
Black Skirts
Gogo Star
Gunam Gwa Yeo Riding Stella
꿈에 카메라를 가져올걸 (I Should Have Brought My Camera to My Dream)
Hot Potato
Byul.org
Mongoose
Monni
The Solutions
Achime
Yoon Do Hyun Band
Jaurim
Electric Eels
The Koxx
Cranfield
3rd Line Butterfly
24Hours

That's a bunch I have in my library, not all but you get the gist. There's metal, punk, modern rock, shoegazey/ambient rock and all kinds of other genres in that list ;)

You're the best.

Mepac6T.jpg

True, if I went to more classic rock there's a bunch more missing actually haha. Everything I posted (Except Donawhale and MoT) are all currently active groups.

Edit: See, I missed Boohwal and Crying Nut too. Shame on me :(

Not only that, you also missed Rose Motel and Jang Kiha and the Faces. Smh lol.

llehuty

The song is so bland, sounds like a Brave Bros reject. Getting this after B.B.B greatness feels so wrong... Well, at least they look great *shrug*and the song is not offensive *shrug again*.

But not everything is bad news. As always with Dal Shabet, most of the other album tracks are really good:

Dal Shabet (달샤벳) - 홀려 (Obsessed) So funky.

Dal Shabet (달샤벳) - 아임 낫 (I'm not) This could be great, not really feeling the short trap sections, but other than that very interesting with nice pre chorus build ups. Could have easily been the single.

Dal Shabet (달샤벳) - 오케이 보이 (OK Boy) This is a great lowkey earworm. The bass is great.

Even though the single is very bland, the album is solid thanks to some great tracks. We can always pretend Joker wasn't a single.

This is like 9muses Drama all over again, really disappointing single surrounded by decent album tracks.

flyover

Peppertones
Peppertones <3. I love pretty much everything they do. Right in my pop-rock wheelhouse. Any other notable bands doing that style? (I'm making my way through the rest of your list to see what I find.)

ramyeon

You're the best.

Mepac6T.jpg
No worries, since that list is pretty diverse I'm sure you'll be able to find at very least a few bands that work for you!
Not only that, you also missed Rose Motel and Jang Kiha and the Faces. Smh lol.
Haha oh yeah I actually left them out intentionally, although in retrospect I'm not sure why since I love them both. There are a lot I just skipped over I think (But those are hardly as influential as Boohwal or Crying Nut :p).
Peppertones <3. I love pretty much everything they do. Right in my pop-rock wheelhouse. Any other notable bands doing that style? (I'm making my way through the rest of your list to see what I find.)
Peppertones are so good! Perhaps try out &#51204;&#44592;&#48192;&#51109;&#50612; (The Electric Eels) they also have some fantastic tracks that lean towards the pop-rock style.

Sami+

On the topic of K-rock, do they have anything that sounds similar to the following songs (which are J-rock):
Dir En Grey - Macabre
Dir En Grey - Ryoujoku No Ame
The GazettE - Chizuru
The GazettE - Cassis

I could look around but I kinda think the K-rock I did find at annoying, would be nice if somebody who knows K-rock better give a little guidance.

Oh fuck, these are really good!

I don't know if it's just luck or what, but from my own experience Korea does electronic/lounge music better than Japan and Japan does rock better than Korea.

If there's some alternate universe Korean equivalent of RADWIMPS/illion I'd definitely be interested in hearing them.

llehuty

DEAD AT THIS RIDICULOUS COLLABORATION

CCqy8W4UsAAox9w.jpg:orig

lil cham + Kismu + Bora + Jace

Seems like a prank or something. Here for the trainwreck anyway.

Edit: We are so in sync Pendulum, scary.

In the "releases to look forward" side of things, Hyosungs comeback is happening on the 1st of May. HYPE.

llehuty

Why is Kisum with all those scrubs?

While I agree, she still needs all the promo she can get. Being part of a release pushed by starship ent. is some easy promo. Also, we all know how much she likes the idol side of things.

So last month the head of YDCT, an indie distribution company, disappeared after receiving a reasonably large investment, pretty much leaving the bands under their distribution cold in the water with no way to get paid the money they're owed.

Pretty scummy really.

http://www.koreanindie.com/2015/04/15/ydct-head-disappears-and-leaves-bands-without-payments/

Woah, that sucks. If netizens cared at all about it they would be able to track him down in less than an hour.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Caught up with The Ark's debut. Wish the track would have been hip-hop, but I'm still impressed by them and their dancing especially. Hope they put out some good stuff in the future.
And damn, you guys were right about the MV, super sad :(

cj_iwakura

On the topic of K-rock, do they have anything that sounds similar to the following songs (which are J-rock):
Dir En Grey - Macabre
Dir En Grey - Ryoujoku No Ame
The GazettE - Chizuru
The GazettE - Cassis

I could look around but I kinda think the K-rock I did find at annoying, would be nice if somebody who knows K-rock better give a little guidance.

Check out Novasonic or NExT.

Wait wait wait, Jinusean comeback!? WHERE?

Very nice. Loved the 'Tell Me' throwback.
(And that DJ DOC gear.)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
EXID on Music Bank bringing back the same moves that got banned last time, not giving a single fuck, hahaha.

luso

EXID on Music Bank bringing back the same moves that got banned last time, not giving a single fuck, hahaha.

I saw a list with banned dances on music shows. Surprise! (not really surprised) They were all from female groups/soloists... oppas can do everything.

llehuty

Top Bottom