• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

No No Eul

This is pretty good stuff! It reminds me of... something. Possibly an early GLAM and/or Fiestar single? I don't know. Anyway, the song's varied enough to keep things interesting and while the MV is whatever, I really like the look of some of that choreography, especially during that 'Hey Cupid has shot my heart' bit.

I dunno man. You heard that last Play the Siren release, right?

I want to know what happened to that Kasper EP we were promised ages ago.

llehuty

miss A Special Dance Clip 1. Fei "다른 남자 말고 너(Only You)"
miss A Special Dance Clip 2. Jia "Love Song"
miss A Special Dance Clip 3. Min "한 걸음(One Step)"
miss A Special Dance Clip 4. Suzy "녹아(Melting)"

This is pretty good stuff! It reminds me of... something. Possibly an early GLAM and/or Fiestar single? I don't know. Anyway, the song's varied enough to keep things interesting and while the MV is whatever, I really like the look of some of that choreography, especially during that 'Hey Cupid has shot my heart' bit.

Yeah, I would have enjoyed more a more simpler MV focusing in the choreo, like for example Gfriend's debut MV. Partial fancam of the showcase performance. Also, this other song in their mini is so damn good:

Oh My Girl (오마이걸) - Hot Summer Nights

That stupid rap at the end is awful though.

I dunno man. You heard that last Play the Siren release, right?

Touché

No No Eul

Also, this other song in their mini is so damn good:

Oh My Girl (오마이걸) - Hot Summer Nights

Yeah I was going to say! Hot Summer Nights giving me some serious early-to-mid 90s vibes. Love it so much. The other B-side is great too. That whistling! So good. :D

ig0o6y1D8NyNe.jpg

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
You know what? Other than a couple Exo and B1A4 songs, I had completely ignored the male side of k-pop. And I was missing out. Sure there's no eye candy in the vids now, but there's some damn catchy ass tunes in there. I just expanded my world. Infinite and Super Junior's got stellar material.

isuzu

You know what? Other than a couple Exo and B1A4 songs, I had completely ignored the male side of k-pop. And I was missing out. Sure there's no eye candy in the vids now, but there's some damn catchy ass tunes in there. I just expanded my world. Infinite and Super Junior's got stellar material.

wait until you discover VIXX and BTS

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I expected this to be terrible. Hadn't been following this debut at all but the title track is incredibly infectious.

Like the "Bang!" vibes I'm getting from the marching band percussion.

The adorable engrish and the all around "Persona" ost vibe of the whole thing makes it good. Man I miss Bang era After School...Shame they bombed so hard.

mr_chun

Other than f(x) and BoA, the male groups completely dominate my rotation. Infinite, Exo, BAP, Vixx, BtoB, 2PM, Big Bang, Block B, FTIsland, etc. All good stuff.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Other than f(x) and BoA, the male groups completely dominate my rotation. Infinite, Exo, BAP, Vixx, BtoB, 2PM, Big Bang, Block B, FTIsland, etc. All good stuff.

Vixx is good stuff indeed (you were right isuzu!). Can't believe I skipped them entirely. But still, I prefer the female stuff. It's catchier, I prefer the voices and yeah....ladies. Hot ladies as far as the eye can see. But I'm writing down all of these bands I haven't heard. It's like a new world lol. f(x) is fun, but I only really like BoA's Eat You Up and Hurricane Venus. But these two tracks are hot!

ultra7k

8tJhfQ"]

That stupid rap at the end is awful though.

As mentioned above by No No Eul, it's totally got a throwback vibe (which I am a total sucker for).

To me the rap feels right at home with say...late 90's early 2000's kpop lol. This definitely sounds like a song I would have been listening on repeat as a teenager back in the day, but it has better vocals than what we had in the early days haha, rap stays about the same.

Because of Hot Summer Night, I will keep tabs on Oh My Girl.

For whatever reason, that rap at the end of Hot Summer Night made me think of...

This. FOX - Jumping Love

And here's a bonus song by a lesser known rock group from back in the day, a couple years before Cherry Filter ever hit it big.

Spooky Banana - How Many Times

Their 2nd album was actually pretty good. Too bad I lost it long ago, I'd love to be able to listen to it again.

llehuty

Happy birthday giri!!

tumblr_mki5w7baRL1r3379yo1_500.gif

BESTie comeback May 11

tumblr_n4nvb3ECmm1qes0nqo4_250.gif

BESTie HYPE!!

You weren't kidding about Oh my girl having better vocals, yikes.

llehuty's male k-pop selection (in no particular order):

"Classics"

INFINITE(인피니트) _ The Chaser(추격자)
SHINee 샤이니_Sherlock•셜록 (Clue + Note)
SHINHWA 'This Love'
TVXQ!(동방신기) _ MIROTIC-주문
Super Junior(슈퍼주니어) _ It's You(너라고)
BIGBANG - HARU HARU (하루하루)
BEAST - '12시 30분 (12:30)'
(It's really tied with Fiction)
2PM_하.니.뿐. (A.D.T.O.Y.)

Nugus/Flops

EXO-K_WHAT IS LOVE
엠블랙(MBLAQ) - 스모키걸 (Smoky Girl)
Boys Republic(소년공화국) - Video Game
ZE:A[제국의아이들] [PHOENIX]
빅스(VIXX) - 기적 (ETERNITY)
NU'EST(뉴이스트)_HELLO(여보세요)
전설 Legend - LOST
B1A4 - 걸어 본다 (TRIED TO WALK)

cj_iwakura

Any good recommendations for a dance routine-friendly K-Pop track for a dance competition? It helps if it has distinct choreography, or at least something easily choreographed to.

I used Gentleman last year, for instance. Preferably something with a build up and a drop. Doesn't have to be a male vocalist, but it helps. I was briefly considering Jinusean's Tell Me, but I think it's too consistent throughout.

Maybe something by Koyotae...

llehuty

^^ I actually had the C-clown song in my initial list (and I forgot about the U-kiss song that is indeed awesome)

[Teaser]Csp - 맘에 안들죠
Only half of Crispi Crunch, but I expect a catchy song and a stupid fun MV anyway.

Any good recommendations for a dance routine-friendly K-Pop track for a dance competition? It helps if it has distinct choreography, or at least something easily choreographed to.

I used Gentleman last year, for instance. Preferably something with a build up and a drop. Doesn't have to be a male vocalist, but it helps. I was briefly considering Jinusean's Tell Me, but I think it's too consistent throughout.

Maybe something by Koyotae...

Is it a dance competition or a cover dance competition? In any case this one are quite hype (but also quite challenging).
TAEYANG - RINGA LINGA
TAEMIN 태민_’괴도 (Danger)

But maybe this is not what you are looking for?

Need good, fast sounding kpop suggestions for a racing playlist I'm building. Anybody got suggestions?

Fast sounding... hmmm, you mean high BPM? And racing... in cars, or something? *confused*. Linking high BPMish songs, or that have some senese of urgency

4MINUTE - 미쳐(Crazy)
100%(백퍼센트) _ BAD BOY(나쁜놈) MV
9MUSES(나인뮤지스) _ Wild(와일드)
GIRL'S DAY(걸스데이)_Expect(기대해)
AOA - ELVIS M/V
프리츠 (Pritz) - 인류최대난제~오에오에~ (Too diffcult~Oh Eh Oh Eh~)
Wonder Girls (원더걸스) - Like this
Wonder Girls (원더걸스) - Be My Baby
Orange Caramel(오렌지캬라멜) _ Shanghai Romance
블락비 (Block B) - HER MV
U-KISS 'Believe'

Let me know if some of them are useful or not.

ramyeon

Interesting how 투개월 (2 Months) is in the title of the video. All traces of that looks gone, unfortunately.

(*2 Months is the name of the jazzy-folk duo she was a part of when she was discovered on Superstar K3)
They're still together, but Do Daeyoon had to return to the states due to school issues last I heard.

Lim Kim pre-release track MV. Full mini out the 27th. This is the track she did with Primary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXPADwU05OQ&spfreload=10

Been looping the last hour or so.

Loving the song and the video. The song honestly reminds me of CHVRCHES or Purity Ring. But the video steals the show... those legs... good grief. I'm here for the amazing song, but those legs are making me stay.

Anyway, consider me super hyped for her album. If this is song is an indication of the rest of the tracks in there... I feel like we'd have the first contender for the K-Pop album of the year.

llehuty

Lim Kim pre-release track MV. Full mini out the 27th. This is the track she did with Primary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXPADwU05OQ&spfreload=10

This is good, but I don't like what isshe doing with her voice during the verses (or is it post procesed?)

rip Tao

1 to go

Source
Looks like he wants to end the contract with SM because they aren't treating well one injury he has or something. Not related at all with all the money he could make without moving a finger in china.

At least I hope we get a Red Velvet comeback out of this.

isuzu

tao wants to stay with exo tho right? so what say does his dad have... even...?

between your chinese rich dad and SM, who would you choose? SM is not worth it.

besides, even if Tao was the one who wanted to leave, he can't say shit. "Kris is a traitor" etc.

Lay will leave as well, you can count on it.

Kris departure really raised hell. That's my man.

Pendulum

San-E needs to stop trying to be hard and shit. Dude's a much better rapper when he's got a chill track like this.

Also, how the hell did this happen?

IIRC the San-E/JYP split wasn't amicable to begin with.

Decent song though... his collab with Raina is still probably the best collab with Body Language being his song ever haha.

The mini is out now. Apart from this and the two we've heard before (#LuvUHater and On Top Of Your Head (long version now)), there's one last track with Jung In - She's.

Agreed that his mellower stuff is better.

luso

Tao is leaving? So... OT9?

Seriously, if confirmed, it just shows SM is since some time ago (maybe since forever?) screwing around with their "assets". Going back in time I think Sulli didn't got the boot as Jessica did because of the contracts, otherwise F(4) would be official.

llehuty

So... Oh My Girl are good live:

150422 Oh My Girl (오마이걸) - Hot Summer Nights @ Show Champion
150422 Oh My Girl (오마이걸) - Cupid (큐피드) @ Show Champion
오마이걸(OH MY GIRL) 데뷔 쇼케이스 - 효정 승희 'Falling Slowly' (Cover)

Tao is leaving? So... OT9?

Seriously, if confirmed, it just shows SM is since some time ago (maybe since forever?) screwing around with their "assets". Going back in time I think Sulli didn't got the boot as Jessica did because of the contracts, otherwise F(4) would be official.

I don't think Sica's or Sulli's or situation had anything to do with them being not treated properly by SM. Sica was kicked out of the group against her will, and Sulli was just unleashing her lazyness, I guess (and I think she hasn't sued SM or try to end her contract).

luso

I'm not relating them with mistreatment and Tao situation, I'm just highlighting SM is screwing around and then I gave Sulli and Jessica examples, with an observation added why one was fired from the group and the other wasn't. Both are still under SM.

Top Bottom