• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

broz0rs

wow.. and Tao spent last week trying to quell rumors of him leaving.

In other bad news for SM, the Japanese version of "Catch Me if You Can" was released, and it flopped on the Oricon charts.

llehuty

No n.1 = flop?

It's their worst debut ever on the Oricon charts.

pf4MitN.gif

Must be due to lack of best Soshi girl. :p

Seriously though, sucks for them if it really did flop. Hopefully it'll still do well in the long run even if I wasn't big on the song itself.
Fuck yeah at Bump of Chicken being second on that list.

llehuty

The ones that need to try harder are SNSD themselves, not one user on neogaf posting the obvious. We all know they can do better.

ramyeon

San-E needs to stop trying to be hard and shit. Dude's a much better rapper when he's got a chill track like this.

Also, how the hell did this happen?

IIRC the San-E/JYP split wasn't amicable to begin with.

Decent song though... his collab with Raina is still probably the best collab with Body Language being his song ever haha.
I don't remember it being disagreeable? I mean the guy still has finger print access to the JYP building.

llehuty

Some Ah Yeah fancams not blocked right now (at least not in Europe :p)

No n.1 = flop?

For their standards, yes. It's not even in the melon top 99 right now.
It's actually at the 100 spot.

Anyway, flop is a very relative term. So don't jump on anyone that thinks that.

I enjoy the song, but I genuinely believe that it's underperforming.

Ym1r

I haven't listened to Urban Zakapa in a while so I pulled up My Love on YouTube and saw the comments. Apparently Hayoung recommended it recently.

First it was Taeng a while back and now Hayoung.

The goddesses got some great taste in music. I bet Irene and Haeryung listen to Urban Zakapa.

No n.1 = flop?

snsd sucks, I say this as a day 1 supporter.

everybody should move to Red Velvet and BESTie.

ramyeon

It is indeed a good song. She's definitely got a great girl next door look too. The accent she sings in is weird though, even to my barely trained in Korean ears.
It's not that bad. I mean I can understand what she's singing unlike someone like G Dragon who slurs his rap to the point of it being basically gibberish sometimes.

It's not that bad. I mean I can understand what she's singing unlike someone like G Dragon who slurs his rap to the point of it being basically gibberish sometimes.

Eh, I can't understand korean really, just pick out words and phrases. Some of the sounds, especially vowel sounds, sound weird to my ears.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I see she added a touch of obnoxious to her boring sound. Unfortunately, that doesn't make it less boring.

The mini is out now. Apart from this and the two we've heard before (#LuvUHater and On Top Of Your Head (long version now)), there's one last track with Jung In - She's.

Agreed that his mellower stuff is better.

Listening to the album now...

She's is pretty good pretty much because he's not trying to hard. Plus, Jung-In is fncking amazing as always.

That 3rd track with MC Gura or whatever... that beat is fncking fire! I wish there was an instrumental to it. The rapping is decent too, but it's nothing special.

It seems like the album has a lot of great beats marred by his weird rapping style.

I think I'm gonna have to give this a proper listen to fully get my thoughts on it.

I don't remember it being disagreeable? I mean the guy still has finger print access to the JYP building.

Really?

I've heard that he was pissed that JYP "locked him in the dungeon" for 2 years. Like he was still doing stuff, like collabs with 15& during their early years, but no major releases like Rap Genius or whatever. It's apparently why he didn't resign his contract since JYP has "scheduling issues" that seem to remain even today.

ramyeon

Eh, I can't understand korean really, just pick out words and phrases. Some of the sounds, especially vowel sounds, sound weird to my ears.
Oh yeah, she has her own way of singing. It's not wrong though, a lot of English speaking artists do it too, it's just a stylistic thing. It's sill understandable and it's intentional.
Listening to the album now...

She's is pretty good pretty much because he's not trying to hard. Plus, Jung-In is fncking amazing as always.

That 3rd track with MC Gura or whatever... that beat is fncking fire! I wish there was an instrumental to it. The rapping is decent too, but it's nothing special.

It seems like the album has a lot of great beats marred by his weird rapping style.

I think I'm gonna have to give this a proper listen to fully get my thoughts on it.

Really?

I've heard that he was pissed that JYP "locked him in the dungeon" for 2 years. Like he was still doing stuff, like collabs with 15& during their early years, but no major releases like Rap Genius or whatever. It's apparently why he didn't resign his contract since JYP has "scheduling issues" that seem to remain even today.
Yeah he posted a video on Instagram saying "Just thought I'd give it a shot!" With him scanning into the JYP building. He definitely wasn't happy at JYP and didn't fit in, but that doesn't necessarily mean there have to be hard feelings remaining after leaving.

I'm liking his album, been listening all day.

pf4MitN.gif

Is it?Lets not get ahead of ourselves. number 4 is our Nana Mizuki chan with 72325 sold. That is great first day sale (for female singer). No idea how much number 6 sold but it cant be worse than flower power.

llehuty

[MV]Csp - 맘에 안들죠 (BACK SPIN)
The Yewon parody got me good

달샤벳(Dalshabet) - JOKER 안무 영상(Dance.ver)

김예림 Lim Kim [Simple Mind] Motion Album Cover #1
Snippet of what will probably endup being the title track.

So I was flipping through some old pictures of the wonder girls I took in 2008 when they came to new york and I noticed some photos of this girl

is that pre-debut min?

That GOAT watermark.

Yeah he posted a video on Instagram saying "Just thought I'd give it a shot!" With him scanning into the JYP building. He definitely wasn't happy at JYP and didn't fit in, but that doesn't necessarily mean there have to be hard feelings remaining after leaving.

I'm liking his album, been listening all day.

Realistically speaking, it's not easy to purge someone's data off a security system especially in a company as big as JYP... but I get it lol.

I don't think it was hard feelings either, dude definitely wasn't happy though.

jongkookie

Ages ago you asked if there are any free VSCO like presets, well now they offer a free starter pack FYI.

Oohhh... nice!

Definitely gonna use them one of these days.

Thanks for the heads up!

ramyeon

So no more IU Soju ads after a law was passed by a congresswoman stating no one under 24 will be able to advertise alcohol. What a joke. So many things the government needs to fix in Korea and they're wasting time with conservative, backwards laws like this.

So no more IU Soju ads after a law was passed by a congresswoman stating no one under 24 will be able to advertise alcohol. What a joke. So many things the government needs to fix in Korea and they're wasting time with conservative, backwards laws like this.

I get the feeling members of government use Hallyu as a propaganda tool, but at the same time, denigrate the idols and in essence use them as a scapegoat for when things go sideways.

That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Is this just a death grip of the older generation on political decisions, or does the younger generation also have this mindset?

llehuty

There is hope for Z-tier groups: Pungdeng-E got a CF deal: CF1 CF2 CF3
Not your typical idol CFs :D

JIMIN N J.DON (지민 엔 제이던) - SEULGI MV Teaser
Nation's little god getting that promo.

JYP SIXTEEN Member #8 MOMO
JYP SIXTEEN Member #9 EUNSUH
JYP SIXTEEN Member #10 MINA
JYP SIXTEEN Member #11 CHAERYEONG
#TeamEvenNumbers

[ENG SUB] Shabet On Air # 37 - "Dal★Shabet's fashion challenge!"

Some of the media that is resurfacing with the recent Tao news is hilarious.

1.gif

original.jpg

llehuty

Not too into Eunsuh, but the others are good, and also Sana and Jiwon seem good.

Jiwon is so in the final group (Although I thought the same of Somin from Kara Project, welp).

Speaking of Kara Project, looks like DSP has decided to delay their debut after Sojin's death. It makes sense but it sucks for everyone involved. I wonder if they will stick with April as their group name (since it seems they are no longer going to debut this month). DSP is in a tight spot right now, and will probably get plenty of backlash independently when they debut.

luso

do they ever post higher res versions?

No...

Stupidest law of the year.

Jiwon is so in the final group (Although I thought the same of Somin from Kara Project, welp).

Speaking of Kara Project, looks like DSP has decided to delay their debut after Sojin's death. It makes sense but it sucks for everyone involved. I wonder if they will stick with April as their group name (since it seems they are no longer going to debut this month). DSP is in a tight spot right now, and will probably get plenty of backlash independently when they debut.

They can still be renamed as May or June, or Spring or Summer. For real.

Pendulum

I watched that teaser three times before getting it.

---

Some info on the upcoming Big Bang releases
BIGBANG is back with their first MADE SERIES 'M'!
Starting with 'M' on May 1st, M, A, D, and E projects will be released monthly till complete 'MADE' album is out on September. Each project contains more than one track, and MADE SERIES 'M' will be out in two different versions; M ver. & m ver.

Top Bottom