• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

ramyeon

The girl looks at herself in the mirror, and see herself overweight and short, I guess she have to deal with insecurity, than he meets a supposedly ugly guy and without even thinking she left him there. The hypocrisy is too strong. Imagine now if the girl was (for example) ShinDong and the "ugly" guy was an "ugly" girl, can you imagine the comments? Anyway, the song is ok/nice but I expected much better from her and Gaeko.
Yes, people generally feel insecure before blind dates, at least from my experience. And it was implied she sat there with him for awhile and he was acting sleazy and annoying. What do you expect, them to have an hour long conversation in a music video for a song that's less than 5 minutes?

It's a cute play on the experience a lot of Koreans have when their friends set them up with blind dates. The "ugly guy" is a caricature of the typical sleazy, arrogant, annoying blind date that people are worried about meeting.

Edit: And anyway, watching it again she received a text from the guy she was supposed to meet asking where she was. That's when she leaves and she replies saying she'd gone to the wrong cafe by accident.

The first guy was just some random in a cafe coming up and asking for her phone number.

Cuddler

Yes, people generally feel insecure before blind dates, at least from my experience. And it was implied she sat there with him for awhile and he was acting sleazy and annoying. What do you expect, them to have an hour long conversation in a music video for a song that's less than 5 minutes?

It's a cute play on the experience a lot of Koreans have when their friends set them up with blind dates. The "ugly guy" is a caricature of the typical sleazy, arrogant, annoying blind date that people are worried about meeting.

Edit: And anyway, watching it again she received a text from the guy she was supposed to meet asking where she was. That's when she leaves and she replies saying she'd gone to the wrong cafe by accident.

The first guy was just some random in a cafe coming up and asking for her phone number.
I didn't expect anything, look at her face as soon as she see him, he just said hi and nothing more and she looks like she has seen some disgusting monster, lol. They weren't forced to do this kind of MV, the lyrics talks about the fact that she can't stop thinking about a certain guy and how much she loves him (unless I'm misinterpreting them), nothing to do with this MV. It's ok, I don't think it's a big deal, it's just a MV, I know that appearance matters in dating, I was just trying to answer your question. Anyway, thank you for the clarification, makes much more sense now.

Pendulum

we made it. yes.
Ai2g7H3.gif

I also won a bet and got another album. ty BTS for not crying on your 1st win.

You hold your tears as well, izusu
After School Club Ep158 Live on May 5 1PM (KST) Bangtan Boys (방탄소년단) - I NEED U

Edit: props to you on the Minju avatar, ramyeon.

ikuze

Wait what exactly is wrong with the BoA music video? Besides the obvious product placement. Thought the whole blind date thig was pretty cute, and fit the song.

iPhone screenshots on a Samsung device.

Song is ok. I hope the rest will be better.

llehuty

Wait what exactly is wrong with the BoA music video? Besides the obvious product placement. Thought the whole blind date thig was pretty cute, and fit the song.

What you mean with "besides the obvious product placement". That's awful and pulls me completely away from the video. I don't think I've seen a less subtle product placement in a MV before. It's just too much. Also, the way they included BoA in the MV is so tacky. I would rather have her no feature in the MV.

I'm not against the concept of the MV, it's just the execution. Feels like something that would come from a smaller artist from a company struggling. I expected better from BoA and her brother. I have to say that I'm more than ready for the lead single inevitable slayage though.

Also, the song has really grown on me.

ramyeon

Watching the first episode of Sixteen now and wow they really treat the girls in the "Minor" group like shit.

Girls picked for the major group get a nice car, dorm and best times to use the practice room (9AM - 9PM) while the minor girls get a shitty bus, old dorm and have to use the practice room between the hours of 9PM - 9AM.

Pretty harsh.

Pendulum

I'm sure JYP would love someone being tested in the Minor group to step up, shrug off the harsh treatment, and supply him with some great television, but it's clear most of them won't have a chance for the final group.

Edit: It does seem needlessly shitty after what happened with DSP's Sojin only a few months ago, especially at the lengths that they are going to in order to cultivate competition, jealousy, and probably some hate (e.g. touches like the broken sofa and poo in the Minor group dorm). I hope that when the cameras are off, these girls get some support.

ramyeon

I'm sure JYP would love someone being tested in the Minor group to step up, shrug off the harsh treatment, and supply him with some great television, but it's clear most of them won't have a chance for the final group.

Edit: It does seem needlessly shitty after what happened with DSP's Sojin only a few months ago, especially at the lengths that they are going to in order to cultivate competition, jealousy, and probably some hate (e.g. touches like the sagging sofa and poo in the Minor group dorm). I hope that when the cameras are off, these girls get some support.
Yeah it's pretty shitty. Four of the girls were apparently supposed to debut as a group and had been training together for 6 years, then got split off 2 and 2 to Major and Minor. One of them who went to minor has been training at JYP for 10 years. That said there are definitely a few who will probably change places judging from the first episode.

Dahyun's the GOAT. Couldn't stop laughing from her performance. So good.

Peru

Yasss at BoA doing numbers with this buzz single

Olleh 1
Soribada 1
Genie 1
Naver 1
Daum 1
Monkey3 1
MelOn 2
Mnet 3
Bugs 3

CETQQ5pWYAEiaIl.png

isuzu

today we lost but that's ok. maybe now big hit will release the +19 version to bring back the hypeu. #BangtanWillRise #stanBTS2k15 #IwantthelightstickbutitcostsanarmandalegIneedasugardaddyplsvolunteer

ns5ymlS.gif

ikuze

So SNSD Comeback for real this time? First week in June, TaeYeon solo + TTS by the end of the year?

Or is it all rumors again? -_-

I personally thought the video was just weird as fnck for a BoA video... especially now knowing it's made by her brother. Only One was one of the best I've ever seen since you can see that smooth choreo throughout the entire thing, and Disturbance was alright for what it was. But this, it just seems out of left field. Like I understand it's supposed to be fun and all, but taking a page out of RV's ICC doesn't seem to be "fun" and it became more weird lol.

Anyway, MV aside... this really is a good song. Yeah, Gaeko's rap is a little lackluster, but in terms of a BoA production... it's a fantastic track. I've actually gotten more excited for her album after I heard this song.

llehuty

[Teaser] BESTie(베스티) _ Excuse Me

So those people complaining of the dubstep breakdown k-pop era, you are welcome to the new era of k-pop, cheap sax samples.
:(

They had a showcase today:

베스티(Bestie) - Excuse Me

The full thing sounds kind of fun, but still...

베스티(Bestie) - 싱글베드 (Single bed)
베스티(Bestie) - I'm so fine (ft. Almeng) (Dahye focus, no hideous outfits ver.)
The obligatory "better than the single" song, with Dahye dance break and everything.

ikuze

Now there is even a rumor about
(our queen)
Hyoyeon getting her own show.
Stop playing with my heart and confirm everything please.

Peru

They removed this masterpiece after some idiots whined? Holy crap at 10 years of age.. she'll win a nobel in another ten, then.

“When you don’t want to go to hagwon,
like this.

Chew and eat your mom,
Boil and eat her, bake and eat her,
Spoon her eyeballs and eat them,
Pick out all of her teeth.
Tear her hair out,
Turn her into lean meat and eat as soup,
If she sheds tears, lick them up,
Eat her heart last.

So it’s the most painful.”

Pendulum

Hyosung "Into You" comeback at M Countdown. Start got me thinking of the Spice Girls' "Say You'll Be There". "Taxi Driver", briefly performed, is indeed better on all counts.

BESTie "Excuse Me" comeback too

----

9Muses image teaser

Wouldn't get too hyped, llehuty. They used the same image before, and looking back, I think it was for the 9Muses Cast ep 1.

----

Full MV/song for Eunjung's (Elsie's) "I'm Good" ft K.Will. This release was all kinds of screwed up.

----

Someone's done some eng subs for Sixteen ep 1 (1 2 3)

----

Lime is joining Show Me The Money 4

llehuty

[Official MV] 온도차이 - MOONSHINE (문샤인) feat.Dok2
So groovy.

로미오(ROMEO) / 예쁘니까 (Love Sick)
Getting sweetunes vibes from this (dat synth). Falls a bit flat, but feels refreshing between all these try-hard/gangsta/thug boy group concepts we are getting non stop in the last year.

Jang Hyunseung (장현승) - 니가 처음이야 (Feat. 기리보이)
Nobody is here for trouble maker without Hyuna.

김성규 (Kim Sung Kyu) "27" Album Preview
Sounds pleasant enough for the ears.

Hyosung "Into You" comeback at M Countdown. Start got me thinking of the Spice Girls' "Say You'll Be There". "Taxi Driver", briefly performed, better on all counts.

BESTie "Excuse Me" comeback too

Not feeling the singles. BESTie's has grower potential, but I'm not sure. Some parts are really good, but some of the verses are so boring.

9Muses image teaser

Wouldn't get too hyped, llehuty. They used the same image before, and looking back, I think it was for the 9Muses Cast ep 1.
But this is hype anyway!!! 9Muses cast is so good and possibly points toward an incoming comeback.

Top Bottom