• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well I made it halfway through Loser. Bad Boy it is not. Should have given it to that borefest Winner.

Bae Bae is good. Listened to it twice and I'd let it grow on me more. As I said before with Coup D'Etat and Rise, I think the BB boys should play with guitars more often because that is where their fresher sounds are coming from. The blend of things they are doing here is pretty unique (not the elements separately, but how they mentally layer) and yet mellower than the more obnoxious GD tracks. Did he compose this one? It sounds like the kind of concepts he's been playing with, but someone helped tone down his hypeu personality.

This song from "Elsie" sounds like a shitty version of Jiyeon's song, which already sounded old when it came out, but at least had a decent melody. This track has no relevance.

Pendulum

tumblr_nak96c5QG31rxu54oo1_500.gif

llehuty

winner > big bang

But does winner have Haru Haru or Bad Boy?

Both Big Bang songs are poor man's Bad Boy. Loser is alright, but Bae Bae is trash
didn't expect anything else with that crappy title.

Also, Eunjung is trying so hard to recreate Jiyeon's single. It has nothing going for it,

Thankfully, BoA will save us from all this noise.

Pendulum

Bae Bae isn't so bad when you accept it for the silly song it is.

Edit: RIP Grooveshark, one of my favorite K-Pop discovery tools.

broz0rs

I really like Bae Bae, probably my favorite KPop track so far this year. Love how it blends styles seamlessly, especially the acoustic instrumentals and trap music sound.

cj_iwakura

Well that was surreal.

There's a K-pop store in Lauderhill, FL. Never even knew it was there.
Kpoppin USA is the first ever K-POP store in Florida, having opened its doors in November 2014. Owners, Ted and Jiyoung Kim, are also the founders of the first K-POP convention on the East Coast, KPOP Con USA.

The store contains a wide variety of K-POP merchandise such as albums, posters, DVDs, clothing, official goods, as well as cute Japanese style plushies. The store also provides lounging areas to sit and enjoy listening to K-POP and watching Korean variety shows.

Just got Clazziquai's 'Blink' there. :D

EC8Yy1j.jpg

They mostly sell mainstream stuff, but he said he gets more underground artists from time to time.

Draxal

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/05/korean-food-leaves-impression-at-expo.html

2. [+175, -10] Just keep pushing foods like marinated galbi, bulgogi, glass noodles, Korean pancakes, naengmyun, etc instead of kimchi. Korean food will never be globalized because we keep pushing kimchi and bibimbap. Also, if we want it to be more global, we need to make it public friendly by making more fast food versions, something easy for everyone to enjoy.

4. [+14, -0] I think kimchi has a bad image because we stress on it being spicy. There are tons of other versions like white kimchi, radish water kimchi, etc... refreshing and sweet versions with yummy broth! >_< I also heard foreigners love glass noodles, bulgogi, marinated pork... Koreans don't only have one type of kimchi~ there's a variety!

5. [+11, -3] Why are we trying to globalize Korean food? It's already been proven that the Korean food foreigners like are the ones closest to their cuisines... meat-based dishes like bulgogi.

6. [+10, -0] It takes foreigners at least 2-3 years of living in Korea to get used to the taste of kimchi... I don't think it's right to be pushing it on foreigners who aren't used to our cuisine yet. It'd be better to use ingredients they are familiar with like chicken or pork and emphasize the Korean flavors there instead.

I know some posters here read Netizen Buzz so i'm posting this here.

This is so completely true, I can't stand kimchi at all (I still have nightmares of my mom making it at home, my dad and I were pretty much forced to leave the house when she did so).

My three favorite "korean" foods are.

1. Ojingeo Twigim (fried calamari) it's so insanely good.
2. Kalbi
3. Korean fried chicken

Ym1r

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/05/korean-food-leaves-impression-at-expo.html

I know some posters here read Netizen Buzz so i'm posting this here.

This is so completely true, I can't stand kimchi at all (I still have nightmares of my mom making it at home, my dad and I were pretty much forced to leave the house when she did so).

My three favorite "korean" foods are.

1. Ojingeo Twigim (fried calamari) it's so insanely good.
2. Kalbi
3. Korean fried chicken

Kimchi is something I think should be eaten in small amounts with meats for it to be good, the contrast in taste when eaten that way is much better than just eating it plain like a lot of people do, or overloading on it.

My favorite foods are Bibimbap, Dwaejibulgogi, and Japchae.

The only thing I can't stand, even after trying it plenty, is Jjajangmyeon.

Top Bottom