• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Peru

Hype for f(x), but I honestly would rather have them as 4 knowing there is a chance of Sulli ruining things again. Also, she doesn't bring anything to the group apart from a pretty face, and Victoria and Krystal can easily cover that.
r.

Sulli is essential dude. If you think the greatness of f(x) is just about vocalists working together you're not a tr00 fan. She's part of the core character backbone of the group, more so being the troublemaker she is now. That anarchic, careless attitude in the midst of the SM rigidness is a big part of what makes them and their music appealing.

(Also there's a tradition for a member being away for a long time and people speculating a break-up only for her to return and everything's fine - see Amber)

llehuty

Sulli is essential dude. If you think the greatness of f(x) is just about vocalists working together you're not a tr00 fan. She's part of the core character backbone of the group, more so being the troublemaker she is now. That anarchic, careless attitude in the midst of the SM rigidness is a big part of what makes them and their music appealing.

(Also there's a tradition for a member being away for a long time and people speculating a break-up only for her to return and everything's fine - see Amber)

I was ok with Sulli's anti-system attitude and giving zero fucks... until she ruined Red Light promotions and the repackage album that was ready. I'm sorry but that's a no no. If she is responsible of us getting less f(x), I don't think it's worth it.

Pendulum

Has anyone read anything about a public vote having any effect on JYP's Sixteen? There's an app open in Korea, but I'm not sure if it's just for shits and giggles.
CEZ5zd4WoAAmIa3.jpg:large

Dahyun getting the attention she deserves. People better recognise Momo though
I'm thinking her confidence turned some people off, but she clearly has talent to bring to the table

ramyeon

^ Does Major and Minor lineups change every week or is it fixed for the entire competition?
It changes every round, didn't change this week as they didn't show everything from the first round. Whether they change or not depends on their performance in the challenge. There are also eliminations from what I gather.

llehuty

Has anyone read anything about a public vote having any effect on JYP's Sixteen? There's an app open in Korea, but I'm not sure if it's just for shits and giggles.

I think they would have said something during the show if it was relevant. Maybe it comes into play later on.

Speaking of Sixteen, I watched the first episode and:

#TeamMina (Japanese ballerina)
#TeamSana (Japanese chef cutie pie)
#TeamMomo (Yura 2.0)
#TeamDahyun (5 dimensional girl)

First three were already on my radar after the short clips, but lmao Dahyun and her fart rap stole the show.

Also Momo not being in the rankings is probably because she didn't even get to perform. She needs to be in.

Pendulum

It changes every round, didn't change this week as they didn't show everything from the first round. Whether they change or not depends on their performance in the challenge. There are also eliminations from what I gather.

If the previews are not heavily edited, it looks like 3 people from the Major group lose their spots next week.

llehuty

I would be surprised if all the initial major girls don't end up in minor at some point (unless they want to hype one member for some reason)

broz0rs

I got tired of these reality competition shows, but I liked the fact that there were some variety/comic aspects to some of the performances so I think I'll check out Sixteen regularly. Loved Sana's cooking skit, and was impressed at how composed she was the whole time even though her spring roll looked pretty messy lol

Pendulum

I would be surprised if all the initial major girls don't end up in minor at some point (unless they want to hype one member for some reason)

And on the flipside, have particular people from the Minors grab a spot in the Majors in order to create a story
e.g. Jihyo
. There's a few I don't rightfully see getting a Major spot.

didnt watch the show but that's some great potential right there based on that face alone (if she stays in Japan).
wonder why she chooses to come to Korea

Cause its either Korea and be a somebody or pray you look like a 12 year old at 22 so you can be in an idol group in Japan lol. Half sarcasm, half sad truth. And it seems like she can actually dance so... same reason applied to talent.

Cause its either Korea and be a somebody or pray you look like a 12 year old at 22 so you can be in an idol group in Japan lol. Half sarcasm, half sad truth. And it seems like she can actually dance so... same reason applied to talent.

Korea is no less or arguably more fucked up than Japan and also has fierce competition ;p
but hey, i am glad she came to Korea because i grow tired of Japanese Idols 8 years ago.

The subber of the show is awesome. Just uploaded a clip with only the performances in the first episode for the ones that don't want to check the full episode.
nice. thanks

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Jesus fucking Christ, was I the only person in the world who didn't figure out that Crayon Pop stood for Korean Pop? Goddamn I am so fucking slow, hnnng. Just dawned on me, 20 seconds ago. I am hurr durr.

ramyeon

Jesus fucking Christ, was I the only person in the world who didn't figure out that Crayon Pop stood for Korean Pop? Goddamn I am so fucking slow, hnnng. Just dawned on me, 20 seconds ago. I am hurr durr.
Huh? Not sure it does. They used to be called Hurricane Pop or something but changed it because of the tsunami disaster in Japan. Only wordplay I've seen them do with their name is using the Hanja for dragon on the cover of Bba Bba Bba because Crayon is written and pronounced Kureyong in Korean and Yong also means dragon.

I mean I guess 크레용 kind of sounds like 코리안 if you say it the right way, but not really.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Huh? Not sure it does. They used to be called Hurricane Pop or something but changed it because of the tsunami disaster in Japan. Only wordplay I've seen them do with their name is using the Hanja for dragon on the cover of Bba Bba Bba because Crayon is written and pronounced Kureyong in Korean and Yong also means dragon.

I mean I guess 크레용 kind of sounds like 코리안 if you say it the right way, but not really.

My random epiphany was for nothing?! Noooooo! My drunken discoveries, never pan out...FML

I think they would have said something during the show if it was relevant. Maybe it comes into play later on.

Speaking of Sixteen, I watched the first episode and:

#TeamMina (Japanese ballerina)
#TeamSana (Japanese chef cutie pie)
#TeamMomo (Yura 2.0)
#TeamDahyun (5 dimensional girl)

First three were already on my radar after the short clips, but lmao Dahyun and her fart rap stole the show.

Also Momo not being in the rankings is probably because she didn't even get to perform. She needs to be in.

#TeamMomo
#TeamDahyun
#TeamJihyo

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
seulgi so pretty

edit: da fuck @ unpretty rapstar thing. mnet still has to follow those standards when they're cable? also probably plenty of shit from male artists on show me the money that went ignored.

llehuty

Jun HyoSeong - INTO YOU | 전효성 - INTO YOU [K-Pop Hot Clip]
It's just the hilarious KBS version, that is only closeups and has almost zero shots that include anything bellow the neck.

Future's so bright...

They would totally rock this type of concept.

Ah, I'm so on the fence with the song. I like really want to like it for that synth in some of the verses, the chorus that is upbeat or the breakdown at the end...but the overall thing it's just meh. This song needs a remix so badly.

isuzu

JoyRene the bad bitches <3

I started watching School 2015 because I watched the 2013 one and was full of bromance and was pretty entertaining despite the usual cliches. I'm going to spoil a bit because I'm in awe at the stupidity this drama is going for:
Lead chick is an orphan and is bullied by her school mates and stuff, then we learn she actually has a twin sister who was adopted and lives a good life. Orphan chick decides to kill herself because of the bullying but someone saves her. While this happens, there's a back and forth between the storylines of the two sisters, and the adopted one goes to a school trip (full of sewol references) and she suddenly disappears. the adopted sister lives in Seoul and goes to ... I don't remember where they go so fuck it, but it's the place her suicidal twin lives. so 1 twin tried suicide while the other is gone. then they find the orphan twin and she's suffering from amnesia. then orphan chick then becomes the adopted chick (who is gone) because korean people are racists and can't tell twins apart. after all that, she and "her" mom find out she's not her sister and her sister died when she tried to save the suicidal twin from suicide. so, adopted twin is dead and orphan twin is alive and took her place for 4 episodes before she started regaining her memories. when the mom learns her daughter died and the orphan twin is actually a complete stranger (mother of the year), she, and the drama goes full retard wilth the mom begging for the STRANGER, NOT HER DEAD DAUGHTER, orphan twin to REPLACE the other one. so everything would stay the same except orphan twin knows who she is and also the mom. she accepts the offer because everyone is this drama is stupid and insane and for the love of god stop grabbing people's wrists against their will you sick fucks. but Sungjae's character is pretty good and I'm gonna watch it all because of him. also there's a lead actor but he's so one dimensional i forgot he existed until i wrote all of this, lol.
tl;dr Sungjae is the MVP

Dice

Just watched Hyosung. Gonna take a little Minecraft break from full stanning mode before watching Bestie, but I will say that despite being full stan for Hyosung, it probably wasn't the best idea to have the exact same background melody as the second most recognizable tune from the most popular girl group of all time.

Pendulum

Netizens Who Started Lovelyz’ Seo Ji Soo’s Rumor Controversy Charged with Fines
the Seoul Western District Prosecutor’s Office and the Ansan Branch of Suwon District Prosecutor’s Office took part in investigating Seo Ji Soo’s case, and charged defendant ‘A’ with fines while defendant ‘B’ was charged under the juvenile protection case.

Prosecutors wrote in the arraignment, “The defendants have spread false information through the use of Social Networking Services (SNS) for the purpose of slandering the victim, and therefore has harmed the victim’s reputation.”

And regarding Jisoo
Regarding questions on Ji Soo’s participation in the group, one representative of Woollim Entertainment stated, “There’s no talk of her joining the group’s activities yet. Seo Ji Soo is still struggling with psychological instability, since she has gone through this at such a young age.”

As of right now, she is said to be focused solely on getting medical treatment.

llehuty

Girl's Day teaser sounds and look promising. Let's hope it goes back to their pre-Something awesome releases. Hope that Double Sidekick gets it right this time around.

Dice

Well they can't really throw her out on stage while charging those twats for psychological damages or whatever.

Top Bottom