• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Hm.

Don't get me wrong... I love it.

But I think the song is too un-BoA. I mean that if you just played this in the background I wouldn't recognize it at all. It's very different from her signature sound.

That said, I'm glad she's trying something new and the entire song is great... it's just missing that signature BoA that I love.

Will listen more though as I'm probably missing something from a shitty YouTube upload.

Edit: When is the album coming out?!?!?!?!

I don't see it in iTunes. :(

Also somebody already posted Love and Hate on YT. This is a great song!

Peru

. It's very different from her signature sound.

Is this one also produced by her? The instrumental is GREAT.

It is (together with other people). Which is why it doesn't make sense to me to say it doesn't 'sound like her'. The JP album Identity, some years ago (first album producer credit), quite explicitly explored what she was and what she sounded like and there was room for experimentation in several directions. What is her sound? RnB is close to her, sure, but that's not what she debuted with. This whole album is penned by her so if anything this is the playbook on BoA's sound.

It is (together with other people). Which is why it doesn't make sense to me to say it doesn't 'sound like her'. The JP album Identity, some years ago (first album producer credit), quite explicitly explored what she was and what she sounded like and there was room for experimentation in several directions. What is her sound? RnB is close to her, sure, but that's not what she debuted with. This whole album is penned by her so if anything this is the playbook on BoA's sound.

I think it's the chillwave characteristics that are throwing me off tbh. There's something with it that's just really off-kilter.

I'll keep listening to it and see if I can figure out what I'm conceiving as weird.

llehuty

I feel like this is very BoAish though. The only thing that sounds really different is her lowkey vocals during the chorus (if I remember correctly she usually goeas all in during the chorus). And still, as peru said, she doesn't tend to stick to a certain sound.

But then again, I didn't think that last Miss A didn't sound like Miss A like some people in here said *shrug*.

Anyway, peru , I hope this album doesn't wreck too much your BoA top 100 songs :p

Hani being the adorablest

Ravi auditioned for Show Me The Money 4. Here for the trainwreck

Also, pic of Back Nut's audition

CEofZL_UUAAfiaj.jpg:orig

I've figured out what I didn't like about Kiss My Lips.

It's too slow.

I sped it up by 5%(run time went from 3:46 to 3:34) and it's become a lot better to my ears.

The original was lacking that oomph to get the song going and by increasing the speed to 1.25x or 5%, the song has a ton more energy than before and it's become really great actually.

I recommend y'all try listening that way and let me know what y'all think.

Peru

Not the first time, but the silly Korean public keep pushing the buzz single instead of the superior title track. Sigh.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Besite: Yuck. It's like Female President all over again, in a few ways. I love these girls but no thanks to this song and half the concept.

Hyosung: HHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG plus the song is pretty good

Girl's Day: The Bubble Bubble Bubble part is REALLY reminding me of something, but I can't figure what connection my brain is trying. The song itself is not a jam but it's great for chill mood-brightening background music, which some kpop has to be. MV is a class in aesthetics, but the choreo is playing it sooo safe (maybe because they've all had injuries in past promotions)

BoA: I've always been honest about the fact I'm not really into her voice, despite her being a really good singer in terms of how she uses what she has. Because of this, I tend to opt for her jams. Kiss My Lips fits the bill in general, but it felt really long even though it wasn't because the repetition went too far, which SM has a thing about doing. The MV was very cool in a late 90s American R&B style mixed with stage show elements. She's an impressively super pro dancer as always.

roaSone

I didn't buy anything since Red Light, but I have to buy Kiss my Lips. This album is top quality, I need to listen to this wherever & whenever.

llehuty

SHINee 샤이니_2015 Comeback Trailer #Odd
Pls be pre 2013 Shinee

Individual clips of Sixteen girls asking for your votes.
2nd episode just aired, so should be surfacing raw soon and subbed version for friday or so.

#VoteMomo
#VoteMina
#VoteSana
#VoteDahyun (but she really doesn't need the votes).

2nd episode of Pritz's drama

Dal Shabet and Crayon Poop were on Yaman TV (Dal Shabet cut)

Electro pop Girl's Day, best Girl's Day.

Hyosung: HHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG plus the song is pretty good

The version you are listening to doesn't have those awful skips that the MV version has? In that case, link pls.

llehuty

So Gfriend has landed a chicken CF already.

They are also in that variety show with dogs that Sonamoo was in: Ep1 Ep2

They are also releasing an album in June. Hyped for the inevitable SinB and SNSD promo overlap, Gfriends company better mediaplay the hell out of it.

Meanwhile, their debut is still in the melon top 100.

Their reign just won't stop.

Wait, there's a Chaeyeon, a Chaeyoung, and a Chaeryung? WTB stage names plz.

Will JYP go with the gimmick and pick the 2 sisters to get in, to increase even more the confusion?

Mussah92

Gaf where is the best place to watch korean dramas? i dont wanna pay anything lol and alot of these sites .. u need to be in the US

Seems like YG and KBS are cool with each other now; BIGBANG is going to perform on Music Bank. Also YG girl group may finally debut this summer.

ramyeon

Watching episode 2 of Sixteen and man, these girls are gonna hate each other by the end of this.

That glare Momo was giving Natti after she had to call her out and rip off her Major necklace.

Top Bottom