• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

luso

A 4K channel is born. Finally.

My monitor is only HD

viewimage.php

viewimage.php

viewimage.php

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The important thing isn't 4k in itself, but bandwidth. If it keeps the same bandwidth-to-resolution ratio, that will mean less artifacting when it's downsampled to 1080p.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well shit.
My PC cant seem to cope with 4K 60fps files.

IQ seems great tho.
Yeah, I can't get it to play smoothly. I can play a 4k MP4 that has a bitrate of 50550kbps but I can't play this which has a bitrate of 38811kbps. I blame the fact there seems to be no hardware acceleration support for HEVC encoding, so it's putting the load on my CPU instead of my beastly video card.

luso

I don't put the links here because not sure if I can..
Also I could not found AOA's from that TV broadcast, only the LG demo.

Edit: And I should say UHD, not 4K, I guess that will be the proper naming.

My PC has also issues playing those 4K, has a good i5 but my graphic card is old... I guess upgrading it to a decent one could help, but maybe an i7 is also needed...
And VLC for some reason appears black, I'm using MPC.
If someone can play these, tell me your system.

Whsiao

Neo Member

My PC has also issues playing those 4K, has a good i5 but my graphic card is old... I guess upgrading it to a decent one could help, but maybe an i7 is also needed...

I got it running smoothly at 60FPS.

i7-3700k @ 4.2 ghz
GTX 970

Using MPC w/ K-Lite Codecs

vanty

I only really care about 4k/UHD/whatever for vertical fancams since I can rotate my monitor and make use of the fact they're more than 1080 high. Also those files are smaller and lower bitrate so I can actually run them no problems ahah.

vanty

Well I downloaded some T-ara Number 9 LG 4K demo thing and it ran at 59.9whateverfps without a hitch. That did require my CPU to run at like 80% compared to about 8% for a 1080p download from YouTube though ahah, and my front intake fan goes beastmode as soon as MPC-HC opens and then slows down to basically silent the second I close it.

Peru

I'm actually looking forward to the IU drama starting tomorrow. You Who Came From The Stars woman writing it, former variety and Music Bank PD is co-directing - I'm sure she's going to be in charge of those aspects of the show, and they seem to sell it as a sort of hybrid drama.. also IU as a sulky haughty sexy diva - tbh I don't think that's as much of a stretch for her as some people claim, and she's written all the 'Cindy' songs for herself.

ramyeon

I'm actually looking forward to the IU drama starting tomorrow. You Who Came From The Stars woman writing it, former variety and Music Bank PD is co-directing - I'm sure she's going to be in charge of those aspects of the show, and they seem to sell it as a sort of hybrid drama.. also IU as a sulky haughty sexy diva - tbh I don't think that's as much of a stretch for her as some people claim, and she's written all the 'Cindy' songs for herself.
Plus Gong Hyo Jin is the lead actress, I'll be surprised if it isn't great.

ramyeon

Only for Victoria cause I haven't seen her around in a long time.
It's going to be terrible. One of those movies that should really be left alone and not have a sequel.

Also wtf at Bae Yong Joon and Park Soo Jin sudden marriage announcement? So out of left field, never would have picked it.

Hellix

I had issues too. Then I downloaded MPC-BE and it plays flawlessly now.

Peru

CFAIAqiUMAI8a5g.jpg

'Who Are You' almost back in the top 3 on instiz.. You don't have to go far back in time to find another case of the korean public choosing the buzz single as their lead single - Ga-In's Apple vs Lost Paradise.

Top Bottom