• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

First photos of the Designer Jessica Jung in Korea.

B0B946ECUAAuzHa.jpg
B0B95JGCcAAi9Op.jpg

Siyeon of Minx remind anyone else of Sujong?

T-ara and Shinsadong Tiger are doing a Korean remake of this Chinese song, "Little Apple".

Um.

Edited with an explanation:

I really love this song. But I thought it was kind of mocking of Korean culture. Is this really wise of T-ara, or are they giving up on SK completely?

Heechul is love, Heechul is life.

Bz9LlIJCIAAvz-L.jpg:large

ziPf6.gif

I genuinely hope this bombs harder than the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
She's actually the love child of Jieun and Hyosung. Goddesses can reproduce like that.

She's actually the love child of Jieun and Hyosung. Goddesses can reproduce like that.

The dominance if she had the vocals of Jieun and the dance abilities of Hyosung.

CL to USA?
If succeeds > RIP 2NE1.
If it's flop > RIP 2NE1 aka Wonder Girls 2.0

I think 2NE1 is over regardless if Minzy doesn't stay.
I was hoping this CL debut was korean exclusive, I had a feeling she was networking her ass off for something like this tho.

Pendulum

I've started listening to the other tracks. It is a fantastic release. Best album of the year for me.
(That Primary reference in the No Make Up MV - almost been a year now, don't leave us hanging)

First 3 members of TS' new group Sonamoo (lol) introduced:

They revealed two of the members back in June/July and were meant to debut in July. They must of had a long debate over that name.

I think 2NE1 is over regardless if Minzy doesn't stay.

Just woke up, so had to look this up. If anyone else is wondering, Minzy has removed all references to 2NE1 from her social media profiles. No official word yet.

But not to worry! Papa YG got you covered. Word is new YG girl group debuts next month.

([tinfoil]YG debuting a girl group when a 2NE1 member leaves, just as SM debuted Red Velvet when Sulli left f(x). TS debuting a new girl group just as...?[/tinfoil])

Cuddler

The MV for "Talk about love" is released, song is fine, will be released on iTunes next week:
한국판 위아더월드, 70 Korean Stars, Talk about Love M/V (Original Ver.)

New "A song for you" live song from 2BiC, this time the song is "원해요", one of the song included in their last mini album:
투빅(2BiC) - '원해요' (a song for you LIVE)
Awesome as always

Supestar K6 started last week and....wtf at the text voting, Lim Dohyuk was third after the votes from the judges and almost got eliminated...HaeNa, the only female solo singer got eliminated even if she did pretty well and so did the female group Foxstar. Only one female group left (Mica) and all the other are males. At this point I'm not even sure what is better for Lim Dohyuk, I'm sure he will find a company that is willing to give him a contract anyway. This was the recorded version of his performance:
[슈퍼스타K6 TOP11 Part 1] 임도혁 (Lim Dohyuk) - 어떤가요 (How Are You)
I think the live version was more emotional even if not as perfect. Anyway, let's see what happen this week, I still think that this is ridiculous.

I really like this, the song on iTunes and Spotify is a little longer, don't know why they cut it for the MV. Unfortunately if instiz is of any indication the song is not doing well at all.
I like this too.
T-ara and Shinsadong Tiger are doing a Korean remake of this Chinese song, "Little Apple".

Um.

Edited with an explanation:
What? I posted about this song a month ago or something in the lol world championship OT because someone did a video mixing the video of the SHRC members exulting after a victory against EDG and this song, it was posted in the SHRC weibo and I had no idea of what I was listening to.
but it doesn't matter because...inSec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
I really love this song. But I thought it was kind of mocking of Korean culture. Is this really wise of T-ara, or are they giving up on SK completely?
Wow, just read the translation of the lyrics and the video, it really seems so.

neoism

Really looking forward to this one, alligator laughs x2 !

yeah ama wait for awhile to watch season 2 I like to marathon them when I watch.. for the most part i'm liking season 1 also. its still funny but the cast isn't nearly as good... watching for nana :D <3

Loci

I never understood the charme of the 2ne1 member except CL. They're so mediocre, ugly and old.
Minzy leaving and CL going to the US indicates a lot + YG releasing a new girl group soon.
It's thanks to Papa YG anyways that their music was above kpop standards.
I just hope they're not so fucking ugly this time.

Those Sonamoo girls are pretty, dayum.

Chesskid1

Banned
I never understood the charme of the 2ne1 member except CL. They're so mediocre, ugly and old.

what the

how superfcial and vain are you

i completely agree

they are up there with the muses and t-ara for best all-time disco's though, so i always listem to them.

i heard they are really funny on varieties as well but i never watch any of their shows.

Peru

Minzy leaving and CL going to the US indicates a lot + YG releasing a new girl group soon.

2NE1 were better performers than almost any other k-pop group. Not talking about singing here, but energy, selling the song, character. You can't separate their music and them, they made that shit happen. Kpop needs more groups who look "ugly" or whatever you want to call not looking like the rest. Even if Jeremy Scott took over too much of their style in later years.

Sounds about right for non-boom starting/started idols (Big Bang, 2NE1, BoA ect.) Once those companies start raking in the cash the new acts get vastly different contracts, least thats what a smart company would do. I know in Japan one of the first "idol groups" SMAP (who are still around despite being like 40) have wayyyyy~ different contracts from the other/younger groups in their company. Their members get over a million USD per show/appearance and what not. While the next biggest thing in their company (Arashi) is making pennies in comparison. At the same time Arashi does commercials, and each member has their own tv show ect. making them millionaires easily as well.

So is his promo money going through SM and thats the result... or is that just his SM contract wage, not including all that cash flow from other activities? If the later thats what I would expect.

ramyeon

Those Sonamoo girls are pretty, dayum.
The funny thing is that in Korea the only 2NE1 member that was considered "ugly" was CL.

Top Bottom