• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

neoism

Sneaky Yuri
n0fCfjf.gif

lol... sunny liked it ....

TTS Episode 6 subbed finally :O

Pendulum

WGM PD on Jae Rim and So Eun
On the topic of their bold ‘skinship’ and the editing process of the newly-named ‘19+ couple,’ the PD explained, “They’re honest, but I didn’t know they would be this honest. It’s not a lot, but there are scenes that go way beyond the maturity level for 15-year-old viewers. Especially because ‘WGM’ airs during the minor protection time slot, I immediately edit the maturity level as soon as I think, ‘This is unsuitable,’” stirring curiosity about the footage not shown on broadcast.
Damn you, PD

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I had no idea this ratings-boosting occurrence would happen on our slouching show for me to further media play upon.

Fafnir

Wow at the vent accident, I don't even walk across those when there on the sidewalks in Seoul. 4 really is a bad luck number in Korea, can't wait till this year is over.

Last week's Infinity Challenge hidden camera was great seeing how the members really talk to each other.

Peru

Chesskid1

Banned
DnxgjPO.jpg

eunjung posted this on her instagram yesterday..

could she be anymore obvious???????????

that camera she is using is a casio exilim. lots of idols have been using this camera lately like hara and eunhyuk.

those idols all have the latest galaxy and iphone's and crap, and they suddenly bust out the camera to take a picture?? give me a break

and look @ the boots and purse eunjung is wearing. i think that purse is givenchy?? i'm not sure, i'm not hip to the latest fashion in korea.

look at the composition of the photo. how the boots, purse and camera are perfectly framed so you can see everything.

lots of times when idols are posting a picture, they have some subtle advertising, either getting paid or getting stuff for free

dont be ignorant people those selcas you like so much could just be an advertising campaign

cj_iwakura

Shot in the dark, but this music video (c.1999) takes place on a roof (partly)...granted it's a multi member group from way back in the day with that english lyric in it. S#arp was dope back in the day. Also, multiple outfits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHX-qLhDurM

Also, on pics posted above, in certain pictures I find that Hayoung looks like Ha Jiwon, which is a good thing.

Nope, I'm very familiar with S#arp, it was a single vocalist. One outfit she had a beret, another with glasses, etc. The video I saw was also hard-subbed. A translated lyric was 'don't say you love me because I'm nice', or something.

Also, pretty sure it was from the 00s, not the 90s.

It had a male rap, too, at the very start.

ramyeon

DnxgjPO.jpg

eunjung posted this on her instagram yesterday..

could she be anymore obvious???????????

that camera she is using is a casio exilim. lots of idols have been using this camera lately like hara and eunhyuk.

those idols all have the latest galaxy and iphone's and crap, and they suddenly bust out the camera to take a picture?? give me a break

and look @ the boots and purse eunjung is wearing. i think that purse is givenchy?? i'm not sure, i'm not hip to the latest fashion in korea.

look at the composition of the photo. how the boots, purse and camera are perfectly framed so you can see everything.

lots of times when idols are posting a picture, they have some subtle advertising, either getting paid or getting stuff for free

dont be ignorant people those selcas you like so much could just be an advertising campaign
Photos of idols wearing sponsored items have been a thing for forever. I think you're overreacting a bit.

Eunjung looks good.

Soyeon posted a really obvious product placement recently:

wtuyY7m.jpg

You can pretty much guarantee that any time an idol/celeb/fashion blogger posts an instagram of a product its paid advertising or been gifted.

luso

That pic is so obvious it hurts.
Yeah sometimes are gifts from fans, most of the times are brand gifts, specially accessories and clothes, at least for girls.

Chesskid1

Banned
yeah i know mostly everything idols wear is sponsored but i like to bring it up once in a while to educate people

its especially bad in korea because everyone copies the trend there, and most of the time it is set by celebrities.

i remember like 5-6 months ago kcelebs starting using these water bottles

yCPqpIZ.jpg

now literally everyone in korea has one

magenta

Welcome to the world of product placement ck1, this has been happening in entertainment industries across the globe for years.

Peru

yeah i know mostly everything idols wear is sponsored but i like to bring it up once in a while to educate people

its especially bad in korea because everyone copies the trend there, and most of the time it is set by celebrities.

yCPqpIZ.jpg

Is this some subtle troll twist on the "I'm an expert on japanese culture" meme?

Chesskid1 why u so salty? LOL

Also, RIP those poor souls who went to see if 4 Minute was still 4 minute or Hyuna with backup dancers : /

ramyeon

https://twitter.com/kappakorea/status/523011030297743360

yup this is a sponsored pic as well from a company called kappa.

they were already advertising hyomin wearing their clothes like 2 hours later after she posted it on IG

i really really hate being advertised to subliminally

just something to keep in mind when your faves post a selca

peace
Haha seriously? I have no issue with celebrities posting pictures from behind the scenes of photo shoots they do (Which is what that Hyomin shot is). I mean for fuck's sake at that point you may as well complain that every shot of food my friends post on Instagram is an advertisement for the restaurant or cafe they visited.

I don't think anyone here needs "educating" because I think it's a fairly common practice that is hardly unique to Korea and is something we're all pretty well aware of.

luso

A common practice but that's why some celebs social media is better than others, a spontaneous update rather staged one is better. But it's normal and we just need to live with it.

Chesskid1

Banned
i'll post a more dangerous example.

let's say taeyeon and fany go on a cute movie date, and snap a picture in front of a movie poster saying they LOVED the movie.

a cute, genuine moment showing their friendship?

OR

the movie is being produced by some subsidiary of SM and their manager asked them to, or SM is paying them to post that, and they never even saw the movie.

and you won't be able to tell the difference. just something to ponder, real talk. you have no idea if an idol likes something, or is being paid to like something. not fun.

milkham

The cause of paranoia is a breakdown of various mental and emotional functions involving reasoning and assigned meanings. The reasons for these breakdowns are varied and uncertain. Some symptoms of paranoia may arise from repressed, denied or projected feelings. Paranoid thoughts and feelings can become part of a delusional system through an accident, a misunderstanding or minor injustice, heightened intimacy, or increased responsibility.

ramyeon

let's say taeyeon and fany go on a cute movie date, and snap a picture in front of a movie poster saying they LOVED the movie.

OR

the movie is being produced by some subsidiary of SM and their manager asked them to, or SM is paying them to post that, and they never even saw the movie.

and you won't be able to tell the difference. just something to ponder, real talk. you have no idea if an idol likes something, or is being paid to like something. not fun.
Failing to see the danger in this example lol. I honestly could not care less if an idol really, truly likes something or not. And if they're getting paid to like it then good for them! I'd like to get paid to like stuff too!

OR

this reminds me of when taeyeon would secretly communicate with her secret boyfriend through tweets when fans thought she was talking to them!

silverarcher

Neo Member

yCPqpIZ.jpg

Was discussing this on twitter just yesterday.TSEnt just erected a pop-store and these were there but due to the Curse of the Terrible FanClub name (thank you Yongguk), the custom text on them is "BABY BOTTLE". Why god.....

Anyway, I'm going to buy into the hype, literally. I've been unsuccessful in finding one reliable company that sells them with the option to customize. Anyone know of one?

ramyeon

Everyone that posts in this thread needs to just put roof on ignore. Not even worth reading his posts. Not sure why he wastes his time posting here tbh.

broz0rs

who cares if an idol is a product placement or not? An idol is a product to begin with because we buy their music and watch their videos, as well as variety shows. more importantly, it's not like any of us are ever going to know them and social media will never bridge that gap.

dokish

Banned
No one gives a shit about those Idol products. People buying 전지현 glasses and shit is more about marketing than you actually spotting people on the street wearing those.

Top Bottom