• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Loci

2NE1 were better performers than almost any other k-pop group. Not talking about singing here, but energy, selling the song, character. You can't separate their music and them, they made that shit happen. Kpop needs more groups who look "ugly" or whatever you want to call not looking like the rest. Even if Jeremy Scott took over too much of their style in later years.
Yeah, I like their style and enjoyed their earlier stages a lot because they didn't feel like idols to me. But imo this had nothing to do with the actual members individually. It was rather the group dynamic which just worked for that certain image.
Minzy might have something going for her but Dara and Bom are simply replaceable.

Also, being better performers with energy and stage presence probably comes down to being a YG trainee.
The funny thing is that in Korea the only 2NE1 member that was considered "ugly" was CL.
Don't really care about that. It just happens to be a thing that groups have 'visuals' with absolutely no musical talent whatsoever to fill gaps.
CL might not be pretty, but she's easily one of the best performers in any female kpop group.

They still think she's ugly today. Most articles about her have comments about how they find her repulsive. It's pretty rough.

I like her but admit to not thinking shes great looking. Mostly cause every time I see her shes wearing a million layers of make up. But definitely agree shes one of the best performers in kpop

But yeah people are weirdly harsh. Oh right, internets :/

luso

Sounds about right for non-boom starting/started idols (Big Bang, 2NE1, BoA ect.) Once those companies start raking in the cash the new acts get vastly different contracts, least thats what a smart company would do. I know in Japan one of the first "idol groups" SMAP (who are still around despite being like 40) have wayyyyy~ different contracts from the other/younger groups in their company. Their members get over a million USD per show/appearance and what not. While the next biggest thing in their company (Arashi) is making pennies in comparison. At the same time Arashi does commercials, and each member has their own tv show ect. making them millionaires easily as well.

So is his promo money going through SM and thats the result... or is that just his SM contract wage, not including all that cash flow from other activities? If the later thats what I would expect.

SM?
Your are confused, no?
tumblr_ndjkerhnOj1sewbc1o4_1280.jpg
tumblr_ndjkcaSJme1sewbc1o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndjh0eX9jm1sewbc1o2_1280.jpg

Pendulum

K-ELFs getting upset that Sungmin's been adding a little reference to his girlfriend fiancée in his signature over the past year.

Get 'em Heechul
tumblr_mcu172T2hj1rz5ioyo1_400.gif

broz0rs

I remembered that CL has been making these frequent trips to the States the past few months and they no longer seem as if they were vacations for her. This pic taken a month ago in NYC is starting to make more sense now and would be awesome if they had a collab.

10643894_1469394223345914_1335354403_n.jpg

kingkitty

The Japanese one is super shit. Not sure how it got so many seasons. It was cool for the first 4 episodes then bleh... Cheesy and poorly acted.

It lasted two seasons, and two movies.

It is super cheesy but I still liked it for the puzzle stuff.

#Pray4SandaraPark

At least her hair will be normal for the rest of her lifespan

Hearing rumors that 2ne1 might split up really sucks. Should have been Girls Generation.

Eldren

Hearing rumors that 2ne1 might split up really sucks. Should have been Girls Generation.

Don't worry:

KPlus, a modelling agency affiliated with YG, are doing a photoshoot with Hyoyeon. She'll replace CL and 2NE1 will have a long and prosperous career.
I wish

cj_iwakura

Trying to remember a K-Pop song from a few years ago... it was one singer and she was on a rooftop with like five different outfits/personalities, and a lyric(sung in English) was 'tell me do you love' or something like that.

AReed

Jieun 2.0 PFFFT!! Only one Jieun in my heart
,2 actually cuz IU
, even tho she's been looking off this past year.

10724030_309128479285510_729010930_n.jpg

The first episode of Running Man China is up (guest starring Kim Jong Kook)

It's weird to watch because the games, sound effects and music are taken directly from the original version.
KJK comes in as the surprise chaser for name-tag ripping. It's funny when KJK and one of the cast members has an English conversation. You never realize how good KJK's English is because he never speaks it on Running Man.

Also, this girl:

I hope Dramafever subs this version too. Probably won't though.

Does Gaeko's No Makeup have an instrumental version?

Love the song but I hate how Yeeun and Gaeko talk over the beat at the end... I just wanna jam to the kickass beat in the back not hear a cheating skank lol.

jokkir

My brother performed (or at least the same show) as 2NE1 a little bit ago and he told me CL was the only one that felt like she had any stage presence/knew how to perform compared to the other members that felt like they only knew how to perform when they had a set choreograph. Would CL succeed in North America? Who knows but I feel like she has the style for it and I could see her doing collaborations with other hip-hop artists like Snoop.

AReed

My brother performed (or at least the same show) as 2NE1 a little bit ago and he told me CL was the only one that felt like she had any stage presence/knew how to perform compared to the other members that felt like they only knew how to perform when they had a set choreograph. Would CL succeed in North America? Who knows but I feel like she has the style for it and I could see her doing collaborations with other hip-hop artists like Snoop.

Snoop is a joke nowadays, she should stand clear of him. I can see her performing alongside the other blonde foreigners like Rita and Iggy who have penetrated the market. Maybe like being the opening act for them. That's about as far as I think she'll get tbh.

dokish

Banned
Can anyone here make a very simple slogan for me? It will take you 10 minutes tops of you know how to use the right tools, doesn't require a lot at all. Only one small figure with solid colors, no text.

I'll give you 5 bucks for your time. PM me asap.

jokkir

Snoop is a joke nowadays, she should stand clear of him. I can see her performing alongside the other blonde foreigners like Rita and Iggy who have penetrated the market. Maybe like being the opening act for them. That's about as far as I think she'll get tbh.

Eh, he's still bigger than both of them. Her going with Snoop would probably be mor beneficial imo. Or at least bigger exposure.

Slowdive

Banned
Gaeko MV for Rose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HYpyFsO7OI

Smooth as. No Make Up MV is out too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igr-viEEKZg

------

leeSa did an acoustic cover of Hyuna's Red with some inserts of Seo Taiji and the Boys' hit "Pilseung".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkeqYlJ6NIo

Good stuff.

서인영 (Seo In Young) - 생각나 (Thinking Of You) MV

Edit: YG on the 2NE1 rumours:

"We are aware that Minzy's SNS account has been receiving attention since yesterday. Minzy personally manages her own Instagram. It is absurd that there are rumors that we are in talks concerning 2NE1's breakup due to what happened on her personal SNS account. The account has been changed back."

"There are no issues with 2NE1's activities. They are currently staying in Macau due to their previously arranged group activities. They will make a good album and come back as 2NE1."

When asked about Park Bom, the agency rep stated, "Following the YG Family concert in Seoul in August, she is carrying out the concerts overseas as they were scheduled beforehand. 2NE1 cannot put on a stage without member Park Bom... However besides that, Park Bom is not participating in any other domestic schedules. She is currently taking time to self-reflect. Please support them until they make make their comeback."

Does Gaeko's No Makeup have an instrumental version?

Love the song but I hate how Yeeun and Gaeko talk over the beat at the end... I just wanna jam to the kickass beat in the back not hear a cheating skank lol.

tumblr_mvjk31jzSY1qelqsho1_250.gif

breh, the convo is like the best part of the song :p

seriously, im surprised they kept that especially since the convo doesnt make sense out of context for those who didnt watch the MV

luso

Trying to remember a K-Pop song from a few years ago... it was one singer and she was on a rooftop with like five different outfits/personalities, and a lyric(sung in English) was 'tell me do you love' or something like that.

Calling older kpop GAF force. It would help to set a year I guess.

Snoop already had his colab:
tumblr_n1qutrKyjB1rcdmbfo1_500.gif

2AM to comeback since what, 3 years?

roommate
20141017133206542.jpeg

ramyeon

Crucial Star's album coming out the same day as Gaeko's was pretty bad timing. I think it got a bit overlooked, really solid album though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
something tells me they weren't supposed to be sitting on the vent

wtf is up with 2014

edit: update says 14 dead :(

someone announce 2015 as south korea's national year of safety first reform

Pendulum

16 now dead.

25 people all standing on that small square area of metal. It's in a raised area, so isn't meant to be walked over every day like the ones you might see on a New York street. I wonder what the load capacity is meant to be (and what is actually was).

luso

Not a graphic video, just showing 4minute (apparently) performing while a few seconds once in a while is shown of the aftermath of the collapse, not the collapse itself. Most people seems didn't to realise what happened, only the ones in the vicinity.

20141017003135_0.jpg

ramyeon

"In light of the recent incident at the Techno Valley concert venue in Pangyo on 10/17, YG ENTERTAINMENT will be postponing the release of Epik High' music video for "BORN HATER" originally scheduled for 10/18 at midnight, to show its sincerest condolences to all those effected.
We will be announcing the release of the video as it becomes determined."

Epik High's MV will be released at another time. YG showing their condolences to those who died at the Techno Valley concert.

nvm ramyeon posted it.

ultra7k

Shot in the dark, but this music video (c.1999) takes place on a roof (partly)...granted it's a multi member group from way back in the day with that english lyric in it. S#arp was dope back in the day. Also, multiple outfits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHX-qLhDurM

Also, on pics posted above, in certain pictures I find that Hayoung looks like Ha Jiwon, which is a good thing.

Top Bottom