• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

luso

2 months to go!

B0NPUsICcAA6JJ9.jpg:large

If dating is a "scandal", there are some missing there...
Also the ferry accident, what's doing in this list!?

Cuddler

Another tragedy, fans deaths this time. Not a 4minute concert but during their performance in a festival.

16 now dead.

25 people all standing on that small square area of metal. It's in a raised area, so isn't meant to be walked over every day like the ones you might see on a New York street. I wonder what the load capacity is meant to be (and what is actually was).

RIP to all those 16 people, hope the other people can completely recover from this accident. I knew about this festival because 2BiC was supposed to perform there. I couldn't believe it when I read the news, really terrible.

luso

^Not my stuff.

Still the social media posts, Tiffany's has all the 3 kinds

Neutral (no visible marketing, personal stuff)
B0O79VvCUAEcaHJ.jpg

welcome to the fringe club(;

Self-promotions (their own TV shows, albums, etc.)
tumblr_ndhgizgyUw1r2xhr2o1_500.jpg

#DONTFORGET !! girls&#8217; generation - the best - new edition // added on some of my favorite tracks:) #showgirls #chainreaction but nothing beats #indestructible <33 hope you enjoy #&#49548;&#50896;

Sponsored (an objective advertisement)
tumblr_ndkq65iriU1rjtvg8o1_500.jpg

[ getting ready to head over to #SMTOWNINSHANGHAI ] never forget to carry a book around* #PARISLETTERS recommended by my lovely sister. She said this book is like &#8220;eating fluffy cotton candy.&#8221; cotton candy?- sounds like my kinda book(; #keepreading #newbook #newbag #prada2014 #bigsistersarethebest #&#52293;&#52628;&#52380;

The "problem" is when type 3 is posted as type 1 - if done with the objective of "hiding" the advertisement and not as a candid or spontaneous photo.
I mean, if you post a photo with you and some Ferrari you found on a street, you are not really advertising the car brand on purpose, is more just showing the others you found a rare car for bragging rights.

llehuty

I still think that anyone can do what they want with their social networks. We would also advertise things there if we were being paid for it.

If dating is a "scandal", there are some missing there...
Also the ferry accident, what's doing in this list!?

It's obviously a kpop related list of things that happened this year. Ferry accident has nothing to do with kpop.

Loci

It's a freestyle track, that's what I like about it.

You should see the Movement Crew get down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f59d7iXr9_A

It's just a big collab of names to draw fangirls to the new EH album.

If you really want to record a track like that where everyone contributes a verse you need people with different styles of rapping otherwise it gets boring super fast.
But since those bubs only copy anything-american-hiphop it all sounds the same due to the lack of own individual artistic input.

Also, Lady T for life.

cj_iwakura

It's just a big collab of names to draw fangirls to the new EH album.

If you really want to record a track like that where everyone contributes a verse you need people with different styles of rapping otherwise it gets boring super fast.
But since those bubs only copy anything-american-hiphop it all sounds the same due to the lack of own individual artistic input.

Also, Lady T for life.

Tasha kills every track she's on. It's almost unfair to everyone else in the MC.

That last photo is messed up, he's carrying her like a sack of potatoes. I suspect that's not the correct way to carry a person who has fainted.

-----

Guys just taking the chance of a lifetime when it's right in front of him. I think most of us would have reacted in the same manner. Still, I hope they managed to stop him before he got away.

Pendulum

League of Legends 2014 Worlds Final, held in Seoul. just finished and there's some indie band singing in English while the winning team, Samsung White, holds the cup. K-pop ambassadors failed on this one.

Edit: Ok, seems they are the band that did the "official" LoL theme song earlier this year. Still, c'mon. The crowd is not giving a crap.

Ym1r

League of Legends 2014 Worlds Final, held in Seoul. just finished and there's some indie band singing in English while the winning team, Samsung White, holds the cup. K-pop ambassadors failed on this one.

Imagine Dragons is pretty big doe. In the States at least.

I think Dal Shabet (or at least some of them) appeared at one of the events prior though, the one in Busan maybe? Can't remember.

NyoRx

Edit: Ok, seems they are the band that did the "official" LoL theme song earlier this year. Still, c'mon. The crowd is not giving a crap.

Lol indie band.
I was there and it was actually a really awesome performance. They performed 'Radioactive' which is probably the most well known song of theirs and the crowd was really responsive to the song. Also Imagine Dragons doesn't really appeal to high school boys (I felt like this demographic was the majority of the people who went).

Pendulum

Kaeun's had double eyelid surgery?
tumblr_inline_mpl4ynkW8E1qz4rgp.gif

----

Edit:
Lol indie band.
Imagine Dragons are an American Indie rock band from Las Vegas, Nevada.

Also Imagine Dragons doesn't really appeal to high school boys (I felt like this demographic was the majority of the people who went).
Riot is pretty coy about specific age groups, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is LoL's largest age demographic (with 19-22 year old boys coming in second) which is another peculiar reason for them closing out the major event of the year (apart from them singing your theme song, so there's some kind of deal to follow up on there).

It did look like a good performance. I'm not questioning the band themselves. I just thought it an unusual choice given the location and crowd.

luso

I checked parts roommate raw, had to check the guests. Lots of YoonSoo, Yoona can't stop laughing and Chae Yeon is still a charming woman.Also
Sunny and Ryohei getting close.

Considering 90% of the world's only exposure to k-pop is Gangham style, or in gaming you could include Gee, their band choice was not bad considering the vast majority of their viewers were online globally, not in attendance.

Top Bottom