• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

Does anyone know how the "Win" at the end of the music shows works? Is it a popularity contest, viewers/netizens vote on, best vocal/dance performance?

What ramyeon said.

For the main 3 shows, they are (currently):

Music Bank said:
Digital Music Charts (65%), Album Sales (5%), Number of times broadcast on KBS TV only (20%), and Viewers Choice Charts (10%)

Music Core said:
Physical Album + Digital Sales 60%, Music Video Views 10%,
Viewers Committee Pre-voting (by 2000 people) 15%, Live Voting 15% (for 1st place nominees only)

Inkigayo said:
Digital Single Sales (55%), SNS (Youtube Views)(35%), Album Sales (5%), Advance Viewer Votes (5%), Live Votes (10%) (for 1st place candidates only)

AReed

Happy BDay to Hyeri
tumblr_npop20idJj1un8anqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_npop20idJj1un8anqo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_npop40PqIy1un8anqo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_npop40PqIy1un8anqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_npop40PqIy1un8anqo2_1280.jpg

I'd just like to say, that BEG was one of the best second generation girl groups out there. And Ga-in is without a doubt the best soloist to come from a group, mainly because she wasn't afraid to get out of the box when it came to ideas.

Though from what I'm hearing, Nega is in bad financial straits, and the remaining members not named Ga-in shot down a possible continuation as a trio.

ramyeon

This is a false report.

Jea has tweeted out saying she's confused about the reports and has no idea what they're talking about, that they're in the middle of working on a new album now and they are definitely not disbanding.

She said if the day ever came they were to disband fans wouldn't find out from an article but from them directly.

https://twitter.com/jeaworld

STOP THE PRESSES!

-Apparently BEG's Label is broke so they cant produce anymore albums.Their contracts are expiring so BEG will disband.Gain will focus on solo

-GAIN's label discussed recruiting remaining members&continuing BEG but an agreement couldnt be reached due to members' difference of opinion

-Lol idk what is true but there's a new article saying DISBANDMENT is NOT TRUE so I'm deleting the tweets just in case! contain the panic

-BEG's label: "We are shocked by the news of BEG disbanding. We never gave such an interview. Currently scheduling the release of new album"

-If the new album is done recording and ready for release..makes me wonder if this was Noise Marketing to get ppl pumped up for the new album

This guy on twitter is translating the news.

ramyeon

It's just trashy journalism.

Source was Instiz, should always be taken with a grain of salt until there's an official word from the agencies involved.

neoism

omg blonde tae <3_____<3 pink soo... lol sunny hiding her hair..... yuri lookin fab... she lost some weight...
soshi <3

ommmggg i cant wait...
mzu0v7-i.jpg

.... yuri looks like an actor out of a late 80's Jacky Chan Hong Kong action movie. Can't decide if that's good or bad, but she seriously reminds me of someone and I cannot put my finger on it haha.

Pendulum

We've now gone from rumors about BEG's disbandment to an announcement of a Miryo comeback (featuring Gain on the single) before the full group's album comeback.

llehuty

JYP is trying his best to get Dahyun, Somi and Natty eliminated

just debut OT4 + Chaeyong + Tzuyu already

C4JD0tZ.gif

I can't with Tzuyu or Natty being still there with
Momo ;_;
eliminated. All that section starting with JYP telling her she is out up until she is at backstage not even able to stand up is soul crushing. I still don't get why JYP wanted to do this format, when the company's trademark is all this family/friendly vibe.

llehuty

Girls from Sixteen were performing on the streets today, probably part of one mission where minor gets to perform in a crappy place and major gets a good place. I guess spoilery, since you get to see which girls are still in it. More fancams should be easyto find

&#50640;&#51060;&#49885;&#49828;&#54588; (A6P) - &#54168;&#51060;&#49828;&#50724;&#54532; (Face Off) &#50504;&#47924; &#50689;&#49345; (Dance Practice).
Choreo of the year so far.

Boys Republic(&#49548;&#45380;&#44277;&#54868;&#44397;) - Hello Dance Practice(&#50672;&#49845;&#49892; Ver.)
This one is also decent.

AoA Heart Attack teasers #2

That breast padding concept.

Pendulum

Girls from Sixteen were performing on the streets today, probably part of one mission where minor gets to perform in a crappy place and major gets a good place. I guess spoilery, since you get to see which girls are still in it. More fancams should be easyto find

No further elimination between this week's airing and the street fancams - all girls accounted for. Word is that there's an elimination tonight, partly based on fan votes again (fans vote for 1 team from the 4, assuming JYP picks one person from lowest group). Because that went so well last time :(

Hey K-Pop Gaf! Just wanted to Pop in and say you guys are super awesome for those playlist, which really helps someone like me who dropped out a long time ago, to get caught up with what's out there. However, do you guys also have mass playlist from like 2012-14? Or know where I can find one which helps me get into the tons of girl/guy groups that arrived at that time too?

Pendulum

Hey K-Pop Gaf! Just wanted to Pop in and say you guys are super awesome for those playlist, which really helps someone like me who dropped out a long time ago, to get caught up with what's out there. However, do you guys also have mass playlist from like 2012-14? Or know where I can find one which helps me get into the tons of girl/guy groups that arrived at that time too?

Not an existing playlist, and not likely not 100% complete, but as a start, there's wikipedia entries for K-Pop songs released in 2012 and 2013. List of group debuts too. Looking on Youtube for "2012/2013 kpop playlist" returns a few results.

Not an existing playlist, and not likely not 100% complete, but as a start, there's wikipedia entries for K-Pop songs released in 2012 and 2013. List of group debuts too. Looking on Youtube for "2012/2013 kpop playlist" returns a few results.

Thanks much! This is a good starter list xD

Time to get my research on. Also I really do hope one of these streaming service up their K-pop and J-pop game so it can be easier for us to listen to some of these songs. Kind of happy BoA has her stuff on Spotify so that's a small start but we will see. Thanks again!

Pendulum

Thanks much! This is a good starter list xD

Time to get my research on. Also I really do hope one of these streaming service up their K-pop and J-pop game so it can be easier for us to listen to some of these songs. Kind of happy BoA has her stuff on Spotify so that's a small start but we will see. Thanks again!

Let us know what groups and types of music you like, too - many of us are only happy to suggest specific stuff.

ryan-ts

BEG breaking up is like reading Ulysses backwards, it just doesn't make any sense. I look forward to many more years of BEG.

Also, Miryo comeback? Yes. As mentioned, Narsha needs another solo album. Ga-in solo album would be good too. Might as well release another JeA mini while were waiting for the group's full album.

Top Bottom