• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Never heard of before but she sounds like a deeper voiced version of Lim Kim. That said, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing... but for the moment, I'm leaning towards the good side since I love unique voices like this.

My initial listen on Eat, I felt like I was missing something. But on the 2nd listen, I still don't think I've found it, whatever it is, but it's much more enjoyable than the 1st listen.

Does she have any other songs? I see that she's from K Superstar or whatever but that's not really her music, just covers so yeah lol.

ramyeon

Never heard of before but she sounds like a deeper voiced version of Lim Kim. That said, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing... but for the moment, I'm leaning towards the good side since I love unique voices like this.

My initial listen on Eat, I felt like I was missing something. But on the 2nd listen, I still don't think I've found it, whatever it is, but it's much more enjoyable than the 1st listen.

Does she have any other songs? I see that she's from K Superstar or whatever but that's not really her music, just covers so yeah lol.
Yeah, she has 2 previous EPs and a bunch of OST songs.

It was probably her cover of Cinderella that really shot her to fame on Superstar K 2, that was the first time I remember noticing her. Remains my favourite version of that song to date.

No One But You was a song that she did for VANs when she was modeling for them, it's pretty great.

Auditory Hallucination was a track she did for the drama Kill Me Heal Me, probably her most popular song.

Summer Night is pretty good too, as is that whole EP.

She moved to Mystic Entertainment recently (Same label as Lim Kim) and this is her first proper release with them, first album in almost 3 years. The prerelease track, My Satellite is probably one of my favourite tracks from her.

Blablurn

11337065_919091304799773_2469154426934267108_o.jpg

Ashhong

mmmm new soshi

Just spent 240$ on the dvd collectors set of Healer for my girlfriend's birthday. These prices are fucking ridiculous.

Ashhong

Damn that's steep. That show was pretty dope though, was the first k-drama I ever watched.

Oh man.

Yea..but to be fair it looks really nice and has a shitload of extras. She is obsessed with the show and the lead lol. She's never even going to watch it from the DVDs...

ramyeon

My first and only Korean drama DVD purchase was Sang-Doo Let's Go to School back in like 2004. They are indeed packaged really nice, and this was back when seeing a Korean drama in DVD quality was amazing so it was great. But they're so ridiculously overpriced I never bought another one again.

Ashhong

My first and only Korean drama DVD purchase was Sang-Doo Let's Go to School back in like 2004. They are indeed packaged really nice, and this was back when seeing a Korean drama in DVD quality was amazing so it was great. But they're so ridiculously overpriced I never bought another one again.

My first was the 1996 class First Love. It was actually some kind of Chinese aftermarket set where they were burned onto VCDs. Cost me like 50$ on ebay but I love that show. I would pay 200 easy for a real DVD set.

ramyeon

My first was the 1996 class First Love. It was actually some kind of Chinese aftermarket set where they were burned onto VCDs. Cost me like 50$ on ebay but I love that show. I would pay 200 easy for a real DVD set.
Yeah, Chinese and Taiwan versions were always cheap (Even the official ones for Chinese distribution were like half the price and had English subtitles). Korean versions expensive and Japanese versions even more expensive still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCkXfTxUUo

Risso's new MV and track are funky as. You guys might know her from her features with Kisum and Humming Urban Stereo.

ramyeon

Moonbyul was the one with actual good bangs and actually not dyed hair yeah? ffs that's easily on the level of butchering as Sunny and maybe even Yura. Now she looks generic idoly as hell.
Her previous hair style was better yeah, dunno if I'd say its been butchered or looks generic though. She still looks fine imo.

She makes a pretty good looking dude, too.

11391524_866773616723trbzf.jpg

11401569_163622608994pnyl4.jpg

Yeah, she has 2 previous EPs and a bunch of OST songs.

It was probably her cover of Cinderella that really shot her to fame on Superstar K 2, that was the first time I remember noticing her. Remains my favourite version of that song to date.

No One But You was a song that she did for VANs when she was modeling for them, it's pretty great.

Auditory Hallucination was a track she did for the drama Kill Me Heal Me, probably her most popular song.

Summer Night is pretty good too, as is that whole EP.

She moved to Mystic Entertainment recently (Same label as Lim Kim) and this is her first proper release with them, first album in almost 3 years. The prerelease track, My Satellite is probably one of my favourite tracks from her.

Will listen to all that later, but I'm listening to the Liquid mini right now and this shit is smoooooooooooooooooooooooth as fnck.

I fncking love it!

Thanks for the introducing me to her greatness!

FinKL

What ramyeon said.

For the main 3 shows, they are (currently):

Thanks for this all! I just feel bad for some of the other performers and how they sometimes make the top 3 and I already know the outcome. Can't really compete with Soshi, Big Bang, 2NE1s etc.

llehuty

Didn't notice Tzuyu until fiddle linked a pic of her on IRC...

how come I overlooked her on sixteen? I guess I was too concentrated on Mina.

tzuyu hype http://berrykiss.tistory.com/27

Tzuyu sucks. She is the budget version of Momo. She got my interest with the short clip before the show was on, but once I saw her in action... Mehh

Thanks for this all! I just feel bad for some of the other performers and how they sometimes make the top 3 and I already know the outcome. Can't really compete with Soshi, Big Bang, 2NE1s etc.

It's really hard for nugus to fight against the big acts, but is really satisfying when they finally make it. The comeback timing is key.

ramyeon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCkXfTxUUo

Risso's new MV and track are funky as. You guys might know her from her features with Kisum and Humming Urban Stereo.
Yeah Risso was great :p

Mamamoo teaser is good too, not sure why "Meh"?
Will listen to all that later, but I'm listening to the Liquid mini right now and this shit is smoooooooooooooooooooooooth as fnck.

I fncking love it!

Thanks for the introducing me to her greatness!
Awesome, yeah Liquid is really solid (Heh), probably my favorite release from her yet. Had it pretty much on repeat since it came out yesterday.

llehuty

^^^^ "Worst Hyuna" needs to tone down the bb cream and go back to her bubble pop days to be considered "Ok Hyuna"

Yeah Risso was great :p

Oh, I did a double check because it looked like the type of thing you usually post, weird.

And that Mamamoo teaser sounds really bland, even for their standards. It's probably going to end up being better than ahh oop though, but that's not saying much.

ramyeon

And that Mamamoo teaser sounds really bland, even for their standards. It's probably going to end up being better than ahh oop though, but that's not saying much.
That not-so-subtle stab. I haven't found anything they've released to be bland, although I know that a few people here do (Interestingly KpopGAF is the only place I've heard that). Ahh Oop was not a typical Kpop track but it had some really interesting stuff going on vocally and had a really great build up throughout the song, I enjoyed it.

praise the sun, black hair hyorin is back. That busted blonde dye job never works for her no matter how many times they try... and they tried so many times @.@

ramyeon

This is a collaboration I never saw coming. Gyuri from Kara with From the Airport are coming together to release something on the 15th. They're calling it an album, so I'm not sure if they're collaborating on every song or just one. Regardless, it's called 어린왕자 (Little Prince).

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20150612/71824595/2

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2015061120453437594&type=1&outlink=1

Edit: Some news sites are calling it a Project Single, others an album. From the Airport's official Facebook calls it an album.

llehuty

This is a collaboration I never saw coming. Gyuri from Kara with From the Airport are coming together to release something on the 15th. They're calling it an album, so I'm not sure if they're collaborating on every song or just one. Regardless, it's called 어린왕자 (Little Prince).

Edit: Some news sites are calling it a Project Single, others an album. From the Airport's official Facebook calls it an album.

GREAT. This sounded really good already. Hope this works for evveryone involved so we can have From the airport produced Kara songs at some point *.*

luso

Looks a tattoo to me, if it's temporary or not, who knows? I really don't care. But please Tiffany, we need a better picture to be sure, can you post it?

Cuddler

You should have seen this coming :p
Gyuri was on a show called 4 Things Show (or something similar) and she singed this:
Gyuri & From The Airport - St.Prince
I like it, she should do more of this. There are other videos from the show on the mnet channel, some of them have some English subtitles.
Joking aside, I didn't know that it was a full album and that the song was going to be fully released, I really liked it and I will definitely buy it.

ramyeon

You should have seen this coming :p

Joking aside, I didn't know that it was a full album and that the song was going to be fully released, I really liked it and I will definitely buy it.
Ha true, I probably thought that post was all 2BiC and skipped over it :p

Doesn't seem like it'll be a full album, although FTA use the term album on their Facebook announcement, likely to just be the one song.

Top Bottom