• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

BEAST - '12시 30분 (12:30)' MV

----

Edit:
calm down boys, that's just a bad picture or something

pls no

tumblr_ndc937BrCH1spqhdqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncvgi8cYGi1tfdbp8o1_500.jpg

12590024535438c736f299a.jpg

Pendulum

So, she did? Looks normal to me in that selca.
I have no idea

Something looks different - either some PS or she's been wearing these glasses a lot (or an amazing series of recent awkward photos mid-blink or something). Compare the selca posted above where there are distinct folds above her eyes (clearer on the left) to previous selcas such as this:

Edit:
Compare another recent selca from the past month (in which a fold can be seen) to an older picture. It seems you can see more of her pupils now.

In any case, the only way to solve this case is with an After School comeback pls.

Edit 2:
I think this is the best example of it yet

Loci

But she has (had?) the best eyesmile in the business.
Don't think much will change.
Her eyes completely disappear when she smiles. No evil force can take away this glory.
tumblr_mf8y4poNPc1rhu75fo2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mrjiwfQr2Q1rffaglo4_250.gif
tumblr_mrjiwfQr2Q1rffaglo3_250.gif

also, looking at older stuff, sometimes the second fold is there, sometimes it isn't. Maybe she has a very light form of double eyelids. I remember Hyomin using her nails to make them appear after waking up.
Fucking magicians.

Slowdive

Banned
Almeng "Phone In Love" - Inkigayo 141019
Saw BESTie talking about these guys on Twitter (they are from the same agency, #sponsored) and decided to check them out. Interesting act - looks like a rapping librarian teamed up with a singing comedian.

I liked them on Kpop Star 3, the song is pretty good. Their mini album comes out tomorrow.

[FANYSTAGRAM] xolovestephi: "black tea with strawberry mornings

B0WFl2hIEAEjsyK.jpg:large

Blatant Starbucks advertising.

ramyeon

Hyped for this. I don't understand why Born Hater got such a lukewarm to negative reaction here. Seen nothing but praise for it elsewhere and my only issue with it is that it was more a collaboration than an Epik High track. There were some great lines in it and the beat was great too.

Hyped for this. I don't understand why Born Hater got such a lukewarm to negative reaction here. Seen nothing but praise for it elsewhere and my only issue with it is that it was more a collaboration than an Epik High track. There were some great lines in it and the beat was great too.

I like it and I've listened to it plenty of times, but I see room for improvement.
There's a joke to be made about born haters, but I can't be bothered to come up with one.

Eh. It's a decent track but it's more of a hype/diss track similar to those Cyphers the BET gets upcoming rap artists to do for the BET awards.

For somebody like me who's way too invested in the hip-hop game, it's more of a "one listen, hell yeah I can dig it" kinda track. I personally wouldn't put it on rotation just because it's such a one time thing.

That's really my only complaint about it. I'd rather listen to No Makeup or Rose just because it has longevity tbh.

ramyeon

Eh. It's a decent track but it's more of a hype/diss track similar to those Cyphers the BET gets upcoming rap artists to do for the BET awards.

For somebody like me who's way too invested in the hip-hop game, it's more of a "one listen, hell yeah I can dig it" kinda track. I personally wouldn't put it on rotation just because it's such a one time thing.

That's really my only complaint about it. I'd rather listen to No Makeup or Rose just because it has longevity tbh.
Dunno man, I'm inclined to disagree. The more I listen to Born Hater the more I like it. There's a lot of clever puns in the lyrics and there are some lines that are genius and pretty scathing. Although I feel like it would lose a lot of points if people are listening to it without being able to understand the lyrics. Verbal Jint and Mino's verses are particularly good. Although it was short, Tablo's verse was fantastic too, and Beenzino's and.... well they were all pretty damn strong.

The video is awesome too, loved the idea of the seven deadly sins and the vertical image with the small rooms. It's really well done.

Like I said my only issue with it is that it doesn't showcase Epik High enough but that said the beat Tukutz lays down in this is awesome.

Slowdive

Banned

I wasn't too keen on it at first but it's grown on me. That was my main problem with it as well, not enough Epik High.

was looking at this: http://kpopkfans.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/exids-unpopularity.html

and saw this picture in the comments, apparently that was their fan meet for up&down not too long ago.

RIP exid.

XgAEDTU.jpg

Damn.

Dunno man, I'm inclined to disagree. The more I listen to Born Hater the more I like it. There's a lot of clever puns in the lyrics and there are some lines that are genius and pretty scathing. Although I feel like it would lose a lot of points if people are listening to it without being able to understand the lyrics. Verbal Jint and Mino's verses are particularly good. Although it was short, Tablo's verse was fantastic too, and Beenzino's and.... well they were all pretty damn strong.

The video is awesome too, loved the idea of the seven deadly sins and the vertical image with the small rooms. It's really well done.

Like I said my only issue with it is that it doesn't showcase Epik High enough but that said the beat Tukutz lays down in this is awesome.

I do agree with a lot of your points. But the song, to me at least, isn't the type of song I'd be looping all day.

I guess to put it in simpler terms, I'd listen to it if it comes up on the radio or my phone, but I wouldn't go out of my way to repeat it immediately after.

Then again, maybe the fact that I don't really understand it could also be a huge factor.

neoism

well I just couldn't wait and watched the 3rd ep of roommate.....Jackson..
laugh2.gif
laugh2.gif
laugh2.gif
man I haven't laughed that hard in forever....never seen a guy act that way in front of a girl...LULZ
<3 this show...

That EXID pic has got to be out of context, maybe they arrived earlier than expected or something like that.

It's just too sad to be real, poor girls.

Ym1r

plz epik high b good and not that yg shit u did last time.

would be a shame if the rest of all those songs sounded totally different.

ramyeon

That EXID pic has got to be out of context, maybe they arrived earlier than expected or something like that.

It's just too sad to be real, poor girls.
It is. Literally in the next few comments on the linked page people pointed out that it's taken at an informal fan club meet and posted another photo from those kinds of meetings with EXID:

And one from a more formal/organised fan club meeting:

They're definitely not popular but not as much as that photo would imply lol.
plz epik high b good and not that yg shit u did last time.

would be a shame if the rest of all those songs sounded totally different.
I think there's definitely some misconception about 99. I am pretty sure is was Epik High wanting to try something different and it didn't work out. YG has shown time and time again that they leave capable artists alone to do their own thing (Akdong Musician, Tablo's solo stuff and Epik High's new album) so I really doubt there was much intentional meddling involved with 99 either.

This album wasn't even recorded in-house at YG, he specifically got them to record by themselves so there would be as little interference as possible.

Ym1r

I think there's definitely some misconception about 99. I am pretty sure is was Epik High wanting to try something different and it didn't work out. YG has shown time and time again that they leave capable artists alone to do their own thing (Akdong Musician, Tablo's solo stuff and Epik High's new album) so I really doubt there was much intentional meddling involved with 99 either.

This album wasn't even recorded in-house at YG, he specifically got them to record by themselves so there would be as little interference as possible.

iirc (and this is really really bad recalling) Tablo had some story about yg walking in on production of the album and said some stuff I can't remember. Something about not doing YG sound but they did it anyway because it was already set/planned.

I know a lot of people like to throw around that YG gives artists musical freedom, but you can definitely hear a lot of the influence. Whether that's them trying to fit into the YG image/sound whatever I don't know. But it definitely sounded like crap and I didn't like it.

Slowdive

Banned
Didn't Tablo say 99 was upbeat in response to his father saying he didn't like him making sad music? I don't think YG had too much influence.

Edit: Beaten.

Ym1r

Tablo's solo album was good, and sure YG didn't change either Tablo or Epik High.

But you cannot deny that DON'T HATE ME and UP was some shit straight out of YG's songbook (The rest of the album sounded alright). You can clearly see it, not only musically but visually too. The direction of the music video from the fashion to the set screams YG.

Loci

RIP exid.

XgAEDTU.jpg

I totally feel bad for them but thank god BESTie left them, they seem to be doing much better than exid.

fuckin lold.
___

sampler sounds good.

I don't mind Born Hater that much. It just is something different. The mv concept was pretty cool, too.

luso

It's kinda crazy that BESTie have only been around for 15 months and yet they've already promoted five major singles. Meanwhile EXID (plus Dasoni) have had five releases in two and a half years or so.

Only for Korean releases:

Bestie's run is pretty normal. Even SNSD had their run with Gee+Genie+Chocolate Love+Oh!+Run Devil Run as singles in 15 months. (although Chocolate Love is a non-album track).

On the other side, if we consider from the end of Hoot promotions up to now, SNSD had 2 albums and 1 mini in 3 years and counting (TTS in-between though).

Edit: by the way, The Boys was released 3 years ago, the biggest comeback ever done. Even if the title song wasn't the best or consensual, this was a humongous Korean release by recent standards. You could have tasted the hype on the air.
Comeback stage

Top Bottom