• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

neoism

tumblr_nqrnc6gXwU1rx9kywo1_540.gif

1st song about alcohol lol.
2nd is some kind of retro, not sure if will be good but looks ok.
3rd song is very SM sound-ish. Hopefully is good.

CIwy3KcVAAAvOck.jpg:large

tumblr_nqrn5bH5Sb1sk2kqwo1_540.gif

CIwqOk6WoAAci_S.jpg

Swimmer Yuri in upcoming show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67JlzyNEHSA

SNSD invented beaches

All 3 songs teased in one ad. The 3rd one is by far the best. The other two I could take or leave.

860751.gif

OMGGggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

la.gif

ramyeon

Everyone's looking so good for this comeback. I'm glad they're going for a summer casual look for the first title song. So much better than silly costumes.

Shizuka

Weird, I've loved GG for years, but with each comeback, I feel like they're getting weaker and weaker. All three songs are nice, but none feel like a hit for me, which is sad.

ramyeon

Weird, I've loved GG for years, but with each comeback, I feel like they're getting weaker and weaker. All three songs are nice, but none feel like a hit for me, which is sad.
I'm really struggling to see how you can judge whether they sound like a hit or not from the tiny previews we've heard so far.

Shizuka

I'm really struggling to see how you can judge whether they sound like a hit or not from the tiny previews we've heard so far.

I knew YGAB would be a hit just by listening to those ten seconds after Dancing Queen right away. Not that I'm saying I'm a guru or something, but it's just not working for me for the past year or so and the numbers are showing.

ramyeon

I knew YGAB would be a hit just by listening to those ten seconds after Dancing Queen right away. Not that I'm saying I'm a guru or something, but it's just not working for me for the past year or so and the numbers are showing.
q5yUn.gif

Realistically speaking anything SNSD released at the time of IGAB would have been a hit. I think it is a great song, but it's also one of their most divisive title tracks.

Mr. Mr. was a disappointing comeback due to botched timing and half assed promotion. In hindsight it's not a bad song though.

This comeback will more than likely be handled much better and the reaction from Korean netizens from that teaser alone is already really good.

broz0rs

I think it's because pop tracks tend to have their background music (or as it's more commonly known as the "beat") repeat itself after a few seconds. What you're saying is fair, and I think a hit can be determined largely by its beat alone.

Song is really good. Not their best, but better than Drama at least.

Kinda sounds like something f(x), Red Velvet or SNSD might release... Not bad. It's crazy Nine Muses has been around this long and have zero big hit songs. Maybe this'll do it?

I think they worked with a producer who usually works with SM, if I recall correctly. But yeah, 9M should have hit the top with News, or later with Wild. The Korean public has failed 9M so far, not the other way around.

llehuty

Kinda sounds like something f(x), Red Velvet or SNSD might release... Not bad. It's crazy Nine Muses has been around this long and have zero big hit songs. Maybe this'll do it?

One can only hope, but I don't think they are going to get much attention with every big girl group and their mothers having comebacks at the same time.

Shizuka

q5yUn.gif

Realistically speaking anything SNSD released at the time of IGAB would have been a hit. I think it is a great song, but it's also one of their most divisive title tracks.

Mr. Mr. was a disappointing comeback due to botched timing and half assed promotion. In hindsight it's not a bad song though.

This comeback will more than likely be handled much better and the reaction from Korean netizens from that teaser alone is already really good.

I'm hoping for the best, truly. I think GG could have years and years before winding down, I don't want to see YGAB be their best, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like Red Velvet was bringing more new fans than GG.

I think it's because pop tracks tend to have their background music (or as it's more commonly known as the "beat") repeat itself after a few seconds. What you're saying is fair, and I think a hit can be determined largely by its beat alone.

Let's hope the final song is better, Holler disappointed me and I don't want another TTS before we get a full-blown GG album.

Pendulum

Yeah, "Hurt Locker" is better than "Drama", but an average song compared to their banner year. Interest will be small with the current comeback situation, but hopefully they can regain some traction off this.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It reminded me of a By2 song but it's not as interesting to me, more of a soshi feel in the verses. I prefer Drama to this.

Kyungri remains next level, especially that place @1:54. Lawd.
Hyuna also so hot.
The Lambo was cool.

Edit: RIP Hello Venus

Pendulum

DreamT acquiring rights in YMC
"Girl's Day's company, DreamT Entertainment, has acquired a 41% stake and management rights for Ailee, Wheesung, Shin Bora, and Jessi's agency, YMC Entertainment." The representative continued, "DreamT Entertainment's parent company, Well Made Yedang, has also acquired a 39% shareholder's stake in YMC Entertainment."

llehuty

New 9muses so damn good. I would definitely rank it between their best releases after listening with proper headphones.

The choreo looks really good also, specially the intro. Looking forward the live performances.

I'm not expecting the to get a #1, but I hope they get some decent runner up positions at least.

This is just embarrasing. RIP indeed.

They did this last year with Short Hair too. AOA are constantly innovating, re-inventing the very idea of a music video.

I forgot this. And I c u, linking Yuna
closed tab and searched for Mina's :p

Edit: Making my way through the mini album and I'll be honest, I can't feel anything but disappointment regarding 9 Muses. They had some really strong tracks from debut until 2013, but everything after that has just been blah to me.

Lmao, they literally had 2 releases since 2013, and one of them has been released 5 hours ago. I miss the times when you were a 9muses fan. :'(

Edit: I know some people here are really into this group: Especia - Aviator/Boogie Aroma

ramyeon

New 9muses so damn good. I would definitely rank it between their best releases after listening with proper headphones.

The choreo looks really good also, specially the intro. Looking forward the live performances.

I'm not expecting the to get a #1, but I hope they get some decent runner up positions at least.

This is just embarrasing. RIP indeed.

I forgot this. And I c u, linking Yuna
closed tab and searched for Mina's :p

Lmao, they literally had 2 releases since 2013, and one of them has been released 5 hours ago. I miss the times when you were a 9muses fan. :'(

Edit: I know some people here are really into this group: Especia - Aviator/Boogie Aroma
Their last release of 2013, Glue, did nothing for me either. It may be that their previous releases were just too strong but everything since (Including non-title tracks) have just been really uninteresting to me. Not bad, but nothing that makes me wanna go back and listen again. The member changes didn't help since most of my favourites are gone now anyway.

llehuty

Their last release of 2013, Glue, did nothing for me either. It may be that their previous releases were just too strong but everything since (Including non-title tracks) have just been really uninteresting to me. Not bad, but nothing that makes me wanna go back and listen again. The member changes didn't help since most of my favourites are gone now anyway.

I find Drama mini album quite solid (appart from title track). This one is whatever at this point, but I'm loving both the intro and the title track.

Also, some of the member changes were for the better

ramyeon

I find Drama mini album quite solid (appart from title track). This one is whatever at this point, but I'm loving both the intro and the title track.

For what it's worth, Hurt Locker is growing on me. I've also done my part since I streamed it a couple of times on Melon and downloaded it off there :p

No No Eul

New Muses is great. The instrumentation/production/whatever you call it in the chorus strikes me as a little bit generic but still, I really, really like the song as a whole.

The choreo looks really good also, specially the intro.

Totally agree.

I miss Eunji. :(

To be honest, I'm not all that convinced by Sojin and Keumjo. Not yet, anyway. For the moment, I'd put in them in the same category as Minha.

Harsh, I know. :p

llehuty

To be honest, I'm not all that convinced by Sojin and Keumjo. Not yet, anyway. For the moment, I'd put in them in the same category as Minha.

I'm ok with Keumjo, since she can sing and can sometimes be cute, but Sojin feels extra as fuck. Both of them have stepped up their game for this comeback though, so maybe they will eventually fit with the rest of the group.

The bar was too high anyway for new members with Hyuna, Kyungri and Sungah as reference late incorporations.

New muses is miles away better than aslkdjaslkdjaslkdndsfm,tnsdm,fcaklerja THIS IS DRAMA, but still way away from their glorious 2013 singles. They have the chorus of the summer so far btw.

Twink... oh shit lol.
RegularReflectingAsianporcupine.gif

Top Bottom