• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

It's shopped. I can tell because I've seen some k-pixels in my time...
tumblr_inline_n0yovfbRqR1rjrxqo.gif

I want to like the new Muses but I'm just not feeling it at all.

And no, this isn't because it's too slow or whatever.

The production is fan-fncking-tastic, especially the chorus, it's seriously amazing. But then you get the verse 3 or the pre-chorus...

Verse 1... alright cool cool.
Verse 2... those extra snares are fat and delicious.
Verse 3.... welp, so much for getting me excited during those 2 verses before it.
Chorus... yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, this is amazing!! This shit is catchy as fnck!

I don't understand why they added that pre-chorus to slow down the mood. It just doesn't work. I know that they're trying to copy current EDM trends where there's usually a breakdown before the main part of the song, but it just doesn't work here since they keep building you up during the previous verses.

That said, I'll be keeping it in my rotation. It's a seriously solid track even with that lame pre-chorus... I imagine it could've been their blowout hit if they didn't have that unnecessary breakdown.

I want to like the new Muses but I'm just not feeling it at all.

And no, this isn't because it's too slow or whatever.

The production is fan-fncking-tastic, especially the chorus, it's seriously amazing. But then you get the verse 3 or the pre-chorus...

Verse 1... alright cool cool.
Verse 2... those extra snares are fat and delicious.
Verse 3.... welp, so much for getting me excited during those 2 verses before it.
Chorus... yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, this is amazing!! This shit is catchy as fnck!

I don't understand why they added that pre-chorus to slow down the mood. It just doesn't work. I know that they're trying to copy current EDM trends where there's usually a breakdown before the main part of the song, but it just doesn't work here since they keep building you up during the previous verses.

That said, I'll be keeping it in my rotation. It's a seriously solid track even with that lame pre-chorus... I imagine it could've been their blowout hit if they didn't have that unnecessary breakdown.

9PGMuDs.gif

The pre-chorus part is the best part by far. The chorus wouldn't be half as good without that amazing buildup.

llehuty

The song is great, but that random rap breakdown is one of the most unnecesary rap breakdowns I've heard in a while. I like almost all the other things they had thrown in there to update the song, though.

Also, in typical happy face ent. fashion, the mini-album is something else. The title track is super safe (but great), but the album has all these different sounds...

Minx (밍스) - Love Shake (with steroids) (DJ Stereo Club Mix)
Minx (&#48141;&#49828;) - Shut up <--- This wouldn't be out of place in an f(x) album.

Ashhong

Pretty hyped, I can't deny. It's been too long since the whole group got its own variety show.

Awkward Fany on the bottom right is what I like to see :D

So now with Apple Music out, any music that I should catch up on? Been too lazy to download and keep up

Kuno

llehuty

Awkward Fany on the bottom right is what I like to see :D

So now with Apple Music out, any music that I should catch up on? Been too lazy to download and keep up

You should check the kpop gaf playlist and click on whatever thing that catches your interest.

I don't know when was the last time you checked in, but from the first half of this year I would recommend checking new 4minute, Miss A, Gain, Rainbow, EXID, BoA (including the whole album), SHINee (full album), new Lim Kim (including album), Dal Shabet (only the album) and of course, latest 9muses slayage.

If you want to give a chance to nugus, Oh my girl had a really solid debut.

Pendulum

First episode of The Genius 4 has been subbed. If people aren't familiar with the show, and liked Crime Scene, you might want to give it a try.

9muses ain't too bad if only because it's different from their usual sound, which I got bored of after 2012. That's not their fault, mostly Sweetune for doing all their tracks (besides Drama I think, which was also not my fave). Well the spotlight Moon Hyuna gets is what won me over, she is the queen.

Minx is cute I guess. Their choreo is really cute, but Minx has potential that this song is not at all tapping into. I should check the mini but I forgot, tomorrow.

So hey, who's into boygroups then? I was a fan of Double A before they broke up, and now I saw Jinhong (who was with them for 'OK About It') joined 24K. That is quite a difference in styles of groups, lol.

llehuty

So hey, who's into boygroups then? I was a fan of Double A before they broke up, and now I saw Jinhong (who was with them for 'OK About It') joined 24K. That is quite a difference in styles of groups, lol.

It's a shame korea no longer likes electro based pop that much, double A had some really solid songs. But I must say that they always felt like bargain U-kiss (and U-kiss were already cheap enough).

Cuddler

The queer parade a couple of days ago looked great
I've watched a video of this, amazing how big it was, I think it was the most successful queer parade in Korea. Unfortunately for what I know it wasn't really reported much in the news. Anyway, it was great to see so many people. I think it's time for public figures to step their game up and actually participate at the parade in 2016 (hopefully).
Their song with Younha is definitely one of my favorite Kpop(?) songs. Just so good, Philtre feat 2BiC please!

llehuty

Will eventually be posted in proper quality at their official channel, but sharing anyway

9muses Hurt Locker (Jacket making)

9muses Hurt Locker (BTS MV)
I wonder if they are going to release a special clip or something at some point, some sets and the blue outfits are not in the MV.

150701 &#50668;&#51452; &#45432;&#49324;&#50672; &#51060;&#49457;&#48120; &#49660; &#44277;&#44060;&#48169;&#49569; - AOA &#48124;&#50500; &#49900;&#53237;&#54644; (Heart Attack) (Mina focus)
*Breathing intensifies*

Pendulum

SPICA's Jiwon is reported to have been in a car accident after falling asleep at the wheel. 3 cars involved, no major injuries.

Ashhong

Apple has curated a series of "new music" playlists in a bunch of genres called "The A-List", but K-Pop isn't one of em. So I made my own:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/playlist/the-a-list-k-pop/idpl.823058d4f8b244f38ce4254f7beb1c80

It's missing any SM Ent stuff since they're not fully on board with Apple Music. Maybe that'll change in the fall.

Huh, how do I check out this playlist on my iPhone with Apple Music?

You should check the kpop gaf playlist and click on whatever thing that catches your interest.

I don't know when was the last time you checked in, but from the first half of this year I would recommend checking new 4minute, Miss A, Gain, Rainbow, EXID, BoA (including the whole album), SHINee (full album), new Lim Kim (including album), Dal Shabet (only the album) and of course, latest 9muses slayage.

If you want to give a chance to nugus, Oh my girl had a really solid debut.

Cool, didn't know about this youtube playlist thanks. I've heard Oh My Girl...did not like. I did like The Ark though.

llehuty

[Comeback Stage] 150703 Nine Muses (&#45208;&#51064;&#48036;&#51648;&#49828;) - Hurt Locker (&#45796;&#52432;) @ Music Bank
When did mubank camera work get this good? You can actually tell what's going on *slow clap*. The choreo is really good, girl groups should take the flat shoes route more often.

Nice to see Tiffany's tattoo making a reappearance in the Party teaser. Can we stop calling it a "bra strap" now? ;)

lol, I still find hilarious that people said it was a bra strap that suddenly disappeared halfway in.

Ym1r

lol, I still find hilarious that people said it was a bra strap that suddenly disappeared halfway in.

clothing overlapping bras/bikini is pretty common, the terrible quality of the photo also made it kind of hard to distinguish. I initially thought it was a tattoo but it did also look like a zebra-ish patterned bikini strap (where the pattern is cut off at a point)

Top Bottom