• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

feist_

Banned
It's a bit of added clarity, to help out the newcomers and lurky-lurks.

Lee Sung Kyung - adidas Originals l Dancing 9(M.net Dancing9) Season 3 - 이성경

Victoria owwwwww
Now that they've jettisoned the dead weight Victoria & The f(x)'s comeback should be a good one.

Dior photo without the watermark: http://cfile29.uf.tistory.com/original/2620DA4455910B08325D62

Victoria - adidas Climachill | 아디다스 클라이마칠 - 빅토리아

[Fancam] 150618 Victoria Dior 빅토리아 디올전시희 퇴근 직캠

에프엑스 빅토리아(f(x) Victoria, 宋茜), '장미보다 아름다운 상큼미소' [MD동영상] fx

1435238060-0-org.jpg

Conceptor:

Fafnir

I dreamed that SNSD was on 1N2D, woke up and realized that the RM episode had aired.

Running Man Soshi edition.

ByunTaeyeon taking off Gary's pants.
Taengoo running in the mud is too cute.
Hyoyeon teamed with YJS and Kwangsoo, will she get air time?
That sun of beach Suk Jin dragging Taengoo in mud! Good job KJK dropkick.
LOL Kwangsoo da best.
Robo Sooyoung is back, she needs to do more variety.
Too bad Maknae got injured and Taengoo's team got edited out.
Even though the last chase was heavily scripted and badly edited, I enjoyed it just because of Soshi. Bring on the promotions and variety show.

16CuzXA.gif
AFrQcPx.gif

R2wlq8J.gif
BaUeefF.gif

njkmKDY.gif
MpiXNFJ.gif

op8BDjJ.gif
rkk2bNb.gif

sU94sac.gif
7rtNuAJ.gif

gDnksWv.gif
98hnUh8.gif

3nYSbok.gif
OH2cvy6.gif

luso

All I know is tomorrow 8PM-10PM KST it's Party showcase on that swimming pool resort. I suppose MV will be also released then.

First impression isn't good. I don't like the chorus at all and the rest of the song is missing a hook of some sort. Sounds like a song which was rejected by Sistar for being a little bit too good for them, but a little but too good for Sistar these days still means that it's bad.

At lest the girls look good.

l0pY1dN.jpg

luso

After AOA's we get another overproduced track, at least it's what I feel, it seems there's barely a rest from start to finish and it's almost grating. Even with its problems, at least I have to admit Heart Attack has a more memorable sort of hook/chorus.

Ties

Banned
this song isnt generic and is better than every summer release so far

fuck da haters

:hearteyes:

the bridge alone

:prayer:

such a daring release

the new IGAB!

Kuno

Screw the haters, this is great. I like Minah's "nan molla, mol, molla" at the end of the chorus, and the bridge is perfect.

I feel like this is gonna be another divisive song like IGAB. It's another one that can feel like it's all over the place or overproduced because of the switch between slower-paced and wildly frenetic. I think it works though, just like I feel about IGAB.

llehuty

So on the fence with Girl's Day release.

It really has some solid parts, but the second part of the chorus (or is it the full chorus or the bridge?) falls flat. You cannot just slow the song that much after that exciting pre chorus. I will just no comment on the cheap samples all over the place.

Also, why do they feel they need to follow Sistar's career so damn closely? They are losing all their identity in the process. I still want pre-2014 Girl's Day back somehow.

In other news, so READY for Infinite.

인피니트(INFINITE) "Bad" Official Teaser

This is so ridiculous and pointless that I felt like I had to share it:
[8K] EXID - 아예(Ah Yeah) Multi LiveStage Mix 36 In 1

밍스(MINX) - Love Shake (Dance Ver.) This is the type of thing Girl's Day should be releasing ;_;

러브어스 (LoveUs) - 티클 (Tickle) MV
This is the group with 2 ex-Bob Girls

[MV]Csp - 관종 (attention whore)

Lol you can't compare this to IGAB imo.

IGAB wasn't an overproduced mess... the biggest issue people had with it is the ridiculous tempo changes that completely changed the entire structure of the song.

RMB is not even anywhere to close to IGAB in terms of tempo changes... it's literally the same tempo throughout the entire song. What's different about it is that the chorus is in double time... so instead of 100bpm(it's not the actual tempo, just an example) like the verses, the chorus is at 200bpm. That's what gives it the illusion of a tempo change even though it still has the same basic structure of a song (verse, prechorus,chorus, bridge and all that).

IGAB on the other hand actually uses different tempos for each part of the song and there's technically no chorus and set structure.

Anyway, I believe we've already had a lengthy discussion about IGAB this year so that's all I'm saying lol.

llehuty

Kuno

it's literally the same tempo throughout the entire song.

I specifically didn't mention tempo when I was comparing the two songs because I knew it was the same throughout. I still think the two songs can be compared, but I see your point.

Anyway, it seems like Ring My Bell is doing pretty well so far:

pHCLtEl.jpg

Pendulum

Zion.T, hyukoh, IU, Taeyang & GD, JYP and Yoon Sang.

I notice that 와리가리 is riding high in the charts at the moment. Is he that well known to the Korean general public? I feel this was a bump from Googling.

----

Girl's Day "Ring My Bell" is fine, even if it seems to have been composed with Osu! in mind. I'd like to see a non-Summer release from them next. And everyone ignore llehuty, "Something" is a good song.

I've got a feeling I'll be happier with this release than what SNSD puts out tomorrow.

luso

I specifically didn't mention tempo when I was comparing the two songs because I knew it was the same throughout. I still think the two songs can be compared, but I see your point.

Anyway, it seems like Ring My Bell is doing pretty well so far:

pHCLtEl.jpg

A song hitting number 1 within hours is not very meaningful to me imo. I prefer waiting for a daily/weekly chart to measure how a release is being received.

llehuty

Girl's Day "Ring My Bell" is fine, even if it seems to have been composed with Osu! in mind. I'd like to see a non-Summer release from them next. And everyone ignore llehuty, "Something" is a good song.

Never said it was a bad song. It's just boring and overdone to death.

Girl's Day songs that are better than Something:

Nothing lasts for ever
Female President
Expectation
Don't forget me
Hug me once
Don't flirt
Twinkle Twinkle

And lol, the osu! comment is so accurate

I luv the new Girls' Day. It goes hard.
I'm still stanning AOA's song the most tho, even tho Ring My Bell is a much more original and exciting song.

Something was one of my least fave promos of GsD as well, that includes their debut. Well, Something and Female President are my least faves, I really could not get into Female President when it was released after they had their GOAT Expectation.

Pendulum

Never said it was a bad song. It's just boring and overdone to death.

And I never said you said it was bad. ; ) But we know how you feel about it.

You mean Alone 13.0? I thinkI'll pass.
I still want pre-2014 Girl's Day back somehow.

---

I agree with some of that, but in the end we're just pointlessly debating over a unarguably strong discography (in which "Something" plays it part :p )
tumblr_mkoojd0Ill1r7w2obo1_r2_500.gif

Kabuto

I really like the new Girl's Day, except for the chorus. Saying "Ring My Bell" is so weird; doesn't roll off the tongue at all.

I like their new hair colors too, except Yura's; it's too bright. Sojin's red hair is still GOAT

Pendulum I think yo avatar is broken :eek:

When I think of Hara singing, I will always love this clip. It's so awkward with the musicians there, and Jea at the piano lmfao. But it's cute tho, she tries, looks like she's improved her technique. If Qri can have a solo song, anyone can. #alwayskeepthefaith

ramyeon

I notice that 와리가리 is riding high in the charts at the moment. Is he that well known to the Korean general public? I feel this was a bump from Googling.
They gained more recognition with their recent mini because a lot of celebrities talked about it over SNS. But yeah like I mentioned earlier after Infinite Challenge aired pretty much all of their songs re entered the Top 30 charts. Not unusual for lesser known artists who appear on Infinite Challenge.

And btw a nitpick but hyukoh is a band (The vocalist of hyukoh is Oh Hyuk sometimes stylized as ohhyuk).

Pendulum

And btw a nitpick but hyukoh is a band (The vocalist of hyukoh is Oh Hyuk sometimes stylized as ohhyuk).

Yeah, I noticed that after the songs they put out after Oh Hyuk did the collab with Primary, but that doesn't seem to be wildly known - at least amongst westerners if you go by YouTube comments. I guess I used the singular pronoun since it was Oh Hyuk doing the masked singing.

ramyeon

Yeah, I noticed that after the songs they put out after Oh Hyuk did the collab with Primary, but that doesn't seem to be wildly known - at least amongst westerners if you go by YouTube comments. I guess I used the singular pronoun since it was Oh Hyuk doing the masked singing.
Yeah a lot of int fans don't realize that it's actually a band. The whole band is guesting on Infinite Challenge.

LMAO Girl's Day.

9muses have the summer track so far, even though it's not perfect it has great parts, great choreo, so so MV and the best chorus so far.

Soshi HYPEU! it will be a meh track, it will be a great MV and yet, better than the nugus.

ramyeon

Listening to the album. "Top Girl" > "Ring My Bell". "Macaron" is fun.
Listened to it before sleeping last night and I generally liked it overall.

I don't dislike Ring My Bell. There's good vocals and a decent song underneath all of the mastering and production missteps. It's just okay.

I think it's really ridiculous when artists add songs from previous mini albums to make up a full length tracklist. It's really noticeable here where the whole latter half is previously released stuff with no alterations made.

neoism

PARTY MV and single will be released at 10pm KST tonight.

2015070710112851253.jpg

dat be meh wallpaper now... thanks so thats about 10am est right... are they going to stream that pool party thing anywhere..... dont want to be stuck with just my ipad...
all day snsd tomorrow

<3 <3

Kreygasm

Meh I kinda like the new Girls Day song, but im sure we all saw that coming. The pace is good and got more enjoyable as it went on, though that background track is pretty......... not great. Sounds like they jacked it from a ps2 game.

Either way the haters will be saying its not that bad in 3 days like literally every other release that "divided k-pop gaf" haha. Though I disagree with the 9muses saving the summer no matter how many times I hear it.

Speaking of Min Ah though, finally actually gave her single a listen, never gave it a chance because the video was typical girl group solo droll. It's not too shabby, terrible title, but I dig her voice in it even if it does not show off what she can really do.

Top Bottom