• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

They really like Playback.

CJxdNP7UAAAj6xj.jpg:large

luso

SNSD invented boats in MV.

What? It's supposed to be a funny remark, nothing else.
If I wanted to do a remark, that would be about the GFriend teasers.
SNSD didn't invented the pink flamingo but releasing a teaser pic with it just 1 week after Party MV... coincidence?...

New Infinite is not good.

Pendulum

lol @ Jessica during the shots of the full 9.

----

Solji singing "Up & Down" (Trot Version)

----

Something I thought I would never read - Gynecology Medical Association demands an apology from Song Minho

This too:
5. [+2,579, -643] Hypocritical stupid fangirls ㅋㅋ T-ara, Girl's Day get crazy hate but when it comes to their oppa, it's ah whatever! I can't hear you!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Who are you? I think I love you.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I know it's their culture, but man Korea's conservatism is one hell of a hurdle sometimes haha. A gynecology line in a rap? Same show they just had Snoop Dog in? Oh noes G.Dragon smokes weed. Shit, Snoop is weed's true form! Man is marijuana incarnate.

Oh noes AOA jumped on oppa's bed with dirty feet and bare legs! Oh noes Girl's Day lacked manners in a webcam show. They need to deeply reflect and apologize, but when they do, they are obviously not sincere! But this...takes the cake. An apology for a rap line...Come on people. Really?

llehuty

What? It's supposed to be a funny remark, nothing else.
If I wanted to do a remark, that would be about the GFriend teasers.
SNSD didn't invented the pink flamingo but releasing a teaser pic with it just 1 week after Party MV... coincidence?...

Sarcasm doesn't translate that well into text (and moreso if you went out of you way to linka MV and everything). And those gfriend pics were probably taken weeks ago (fans claim that in february), since they are probably going to end up in the physical album and that takes a lot of planning in advance.
But, yeah, let's just take our conspiracy theory hats.

Sorry to be venting on you, but IN GENERAL, sone bahviour regarding to Gfriend has been completely embarrasingsince debut.

luso

Sarcasm doesn't translate that well into text (and moreso if you went out of you way to linka MV and everything). And those gfriend pics were probably taken weeks ago (fans claim that in february), since they are probably going to end up in the physical album and that takes a lot of planning in advance.
But, yeah, let's just take our conspiracy theory hats.

Sorry to be venting on you, but IN GENERAL, sone bahviour regarding to Gfriend has been completely embarrasingsince debut

There are only 2 K-Pop with boats I can remember, that SNSD intro and Sori Bikini (remember that one?). I just posted one of them.

I didn't cared about any GF debut "similarities", I'm just saying that could not be a coincidence, above all considering the timing. There should be shit tons of older MV and clips featuring that flamingo.

AReed

Who are you? I think I love you.

That was me ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Thanks ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

sone bahviour regarding to Gfriend has been completely embarrasingsince debut.

Sone behaviour? Name the press first, those were the first to compare everything Gfriend does to something SNSD did, it's their fault to keep pushing it and of course a fandom will feel mad about that.

I like the new Infinite single, not their best, still fun to listen, sadly very few dance moves on the MV. This song from the album is awesome tho.

Peru

Infinity Challenge always kills the chart with its collab songs, but this time. Zion, Big Bang and IU? You genuinely can't get hotter sellers right now. Throw Hyukoh into the mix and instiz will get ugly.

How can you forget the best boat and most efficient use of MV budget ever?

https://youtu.be/eFphrMVWB3E

I love that so much.
They spared no expenses on that 10 dollar budget MV. If I recall correctly, they even released a groundbreaking 3D version of it that maybe 4 people ever experienced in it's full glory, members included. The song is awesome tho, someone had ironically set it to a Big Bang teaser with a lowered pitch (like making female voices sound male) pretending it was their comeback, and people fell for it. It was better than Big Bang's actual comeback tbh. It's been my jam ever since.

*Anecdote time* I did the same thing when SHINee was teasing their Sherlock comeback, looking all hippie chic. I had posted an audio of T-ara's iconic Yayaya on Tumblr (duh) and lowered the pitch, saying I pulled the song from their teaser site. People fell for it, it was beautiful.

Anyway, the 'group x copied group y' should only ever be used sarcastically. In pop, nothing is really original anyway and that's okay.

ramyeon

Jokes aside, the GFriend pictorial is obviously a complete rip off of the above shoot. As far as SNSD comparisons go they should have realized that using the same floatie as SNSD so close to their comeback would generate comparisons, especially after their debut song was so very reminiscent of SNSD's.

Because Areia Creations made up of shit DJ's? Actually, I shouldn't say that. There's some legit talent hidden under that monopoly. It's just headed up by a headstrong asshole.

Honestly speaking, that's the problem with EDM in general these days. Too many people thinking they're hot shit like Calvin Harris or Porter Robinson yet none of these kids even know how chords work.

That was fascinating to read thank you. It really explains a lot. My favorite k-pop ladies are all unique in some fashion. I understand why K-netz fawn over IU and Suzy, but for me, the most beautiful girls are those like Kyungri, Jeon Jiyoon, Hana, etc...

Forgive the corny ass line, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I personally go through a laundry list of faves at least every week or two. Like 2 weeks ago Jane Jang was my flavor of the week, now it's the Maxim model in Eluphant's SimSim MV.

She's Choi Hyeyeon for anybody interested lol.

Pendulum

AoA fan service too strong

---

Anyone using non-premium Dramafever find that the ads completely mess with the video being watched? i.e. After a block of ads the video stutters, or if an ad is skipped (for ones that allow it), the ad continues to autoplay later on?

What? Sounds great.

Tracklist is good besides the inclusion of the instrumental, I will never get why that is ever slotted in before the last track.

Remember sounds fantastic.

They're a straight line, not boring, consistent, that's ok. I like them, i want them to be more than ok.

Morning goddess.
CJ2RqqiWEAAl14F.jpg:large

ramyeon

I actually don't mind Hara's new mini. Every track is pretty laid back and chill. Doesn't demand much in the way of vocals either (A good thing for her).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Imma drink this coffee and play some Halo, and if I'm not too tired I'm gonna catch up on kpop and share what I think of it.

ramyeon

I'm really liking "어때?" (featuring Youngji). It is a good mini for her. And is better than some of the group stuff this summer.

Edit: [MAKING] GUHARA(구하라) _ Choco Chip Cookies(초코칩쿠키) Making VOD
Yeah I mean it's not great, but it's decent. I like 하라구 ("Do It", but a pun on her name). It's inoffensive and good background music. And she looks amazing in the video so it is what it is. I don't mind the sort of mid-tempo pop that a lot of KpopGAF finds boring.

JKTrix

I was talking them about some of the k-pop dance covers I have done on my YT.
Little late, but welcome. Just checked out your channel. I frequent the niconico 踊ってみた tag (and occasionally pester these guys with it in our chat room) so it was cool seeing a lot of those dances there too.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ooooooooookay, I can't be arsed to check out EVERYTHING so I'll just go as I go and update this same post. First up is Hara.

Hara's MV: Boring song, sure, but it isn't meant to be exciting. This is a song your GF wants to listen to when you're chillin on a summer day, just like the MV.

Crush - Oasis: So tuneless it's annoying. Jesus GTFO with this shit.
Infinite - Bad: It's bad. Just a carbon copy of what all the boy groups are doing.
D.Holic - Chewy: "You like butts, right?" -Hara on IY. Dat MV... um, okay. As for the song, it was a terribly unrefined and unapologetically brash production, which I enjoy.
Poten - Go Easy: Those thieving little shits! Okay well a couple of them are pretty fine. The song has good intentions but doesn't really get to where it wants to be. Just dials it in way too much.
Playback: Good grief. I get zero feeling that they are the least bit into their own song or performance. I've seen anime that more effectively conveyed emotion and the reason for music and dance existing in the first place.
Girl's Day - Ring My Bell: Come on, man. You can't follow up Bubble Bubble, which was one of the most gorgeous MVs of the year, and follow it up with this trash. The song isn't any good while Hello Bubble was a nice lighthearted song. Are they chasing Sistar or something? That's the wrong tree to bark up.

I may or may not be harder to impress right now because I've been catching up with old favorites.

vanty

Isn't Gfriend the group with the agency that's owned by SM or something? So they got a bizarre amount of TV appearances and stuff for a new group thanks to SM bribes/influence. How is any "copying SNSD" a surprise then?

ramyeon

Isn't Gfriend the group with the agency that's owned by SM or something? So they got a bizarre amount of TV appearances and stuff for a new group thanks to SM bribes/influence. How is any "copying SNSD" a surprise then?
Their CEO used to work for SM. People are suspicious that they are getting help to get appearances on shows like Running Man and the OST gigs because of the CEO's connections with SM.

llehuty

It's ok, I really feel like it's a missed opportunity that the title track doesn't follow the intrigue and mistery of the 15 first seconds synth (the part that begins at 0:27 in the MV). It gives a great vibe.

The album is great though. Really interesting productions. Weird that she is getting better B-side material than Kara has ever had. First track with Youngji is really good.

Stellar teaser. Sounds promising.
Yesss, you can definitely hear the Sweetune trademark production in the short snippet, but I wonder of it's main Sweetune this time around.

Top Bottom