• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

akwzgu-l-610x610-sunglasses-miley+cyrus-gold-crop+tops-adidas-mirrored+sunglasses-pants-dope-dope+sunglasses.jpg

Pendulum

Unverified rumors flying left and right about T-ara signing to new label "Banana Plan" in China, run by the son of China's richest man, which involves 8 million dollars, a Ferrari for each member, MBK contract termination, some/all/none of the above.

i-1716.gif

9muses comeback HYPE

Who will be the poor soul that sacrifices for the group and goes blonde this time around? Stay tuned.

Honestly, I'm more surprised that Star Empire has money for another comeback lol.

I'm on the hype train though.

The fnck is she wearing a University of Texas at Tyler shirt? That university is like one of the worst schools under the UT System. They've only got around 8K students per semester and worst of all, it's not even part of the US News college rankings thing... they're like all the way at the "regional" level lol.

Is Cube out of cash too? Coz kidding aside, I find it crazy that she's wearing a UT Tyler shirt considering that school is literally in the middle of nowhere in east Texas... it's like 2 hours east of Dallas and 2 hours west of the Louisiana border. I'm seriously amazed how a shirt like that ends up in Korea... if it was from UT Austin or UT Arlington, it'd make perfect sense as both campuses are a hotbed for exchange students.

Fafnir

Channel SNSD #5

Water park Soshi.
They went Running Man style editing on the paddle race.
Taengoo vs Hyogre paddle race was more epic than it should have been.
Sooyoung with the twerking...yeah no.

9yHEqWK.gif
0DVYrk2.gif

ScjL5on.gif
WCdADZt.gif

SKkWUwU.gif
99vVna5.gif

SNNdjCJ.gif
IDdZ24H.gif

L2VqRP2.gif
UHbJ21c.gif

llehuty

[ENG SUB] N.86 Nine Muses Dream Concert Backstage

[ENG SUB] Namyu Cast EP11 : Horror Experience
GOAT episode.

JJCC - 어디야 (Where you at) MV
Jackie Chan pls, what is this trainwreck?

Hype

doubt they will use this hair

release the forehead

tumblr_n0pjrkumgR1tsvypqo1_500.gif

Agreed, Hyemi's forehead is glorious.

Unverified rumors flying left and right about T-ara signing to new label "Banana Plan" in China, run by the son of China's richest man, which involves 8 million dollars, a Ferrari for each member, MBK contract termination, some/all/none of the above.

i-1716.gif

Well, it would be a good call for them since it looks like there is no way they can restore their Korean popularity. I'm in for this being true.

It's ok. Not a fan of low key singles, but MV and performances are probably what is going to sell it. Kind of pissed that she isnot even trying with something inline with Bubble Pop (not that she was going totop it anyway...)

The fnck is she wearing a University of Texas at Tyler shirt? That university is like one of the worst schools under the UT System. They've only got around 8K students per semester and worst of all, it's not even part of the US News college rankings thing... they're like all the way at the "regional" level lol.

Is Cube out of cash too? Coz kidding aside, I find it crazy that she's wearing a UT Tyler shirt considering that school is literally in the middle of nowhere in east Texas... it's like 2 hours east of Dallas and 2 hours west of the Louisiana border. I'm seriously amazed how a shirt like that ends up in Korea... if it was from UT Austin or UT Arlington, it'd make perfect sense as both campuses are a hotbed for exchange students.

Controversies over nothing thread was the last OT.

Gayoon's OST song with Junhyung for 'Yong-pal' titled 'Nightmare

Junhyung did a really good job; Gayoon is a delight for the eyes and ears.

*glorious pics*

Gayoon is life. She can do no wrong in my book.

ramyeon

I'm assuming it drops at the same time than the MV, and that's 2015.08.21 12pm KST which I'm assuming it's in 3 hours (or 27, 12 hour format is so confusing...)
12PM KST on the 21st is in just under 15 hours (PM is midday, AM is midnight). Right now it's around 9:20PM on the 20th in Korea.

Pendulum

The last 12 month's output from 4Minute/Hyuna has been fabulous. Put that Brave Bros era in the ground permanently, thanks. "Ice Ice" is no "Blacklist" though.

---

It's been reported that Crayon Pop has been involved in an accident (a bus hit the back of their car). No major injuries reported.

---

[MV] Simon Dominic _ WON(₩) & ONLY (Feat. Jay Park(박재범))

---

Jace (제이스) - 성에 안차 (Not Enough) (Feat. Kisum 키썸)

---

마이비(myB)- 심장어택(MY OH MY) MV Teaser

I'm gonna have to listen to Hyuna a few times, not completely sold on it.

JJCC released a bop. Not their best tho, that goes to 'Bing Bing Bing' one of my faves of 2014. The also added 2 members this comeback. How unnecessary. They aren't even cute, I'm upset. I hate when groups add members and then have them be irrelevant.

neoism

Channel SNSD #5

Water park Soshi.
They went Running Man style editing on the paddle race.
Taengoo vs Hyogre paddle race was more epic than it should have been.
Sooyoung with the twerking...yeah no.

just now got to watch ep 3 this morning.. real shame the subs aren't as fast as RM or something i cant stand soft subs.. :( :/ but the subs take forever....

ramyeon

Lion Heart ranking below I Feel You on melOn's charts despite being released later - Wonder Girls flop confirmed?

Let's not even talk about You Think which is sitting at like 45 and going downwards.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Let's face it. SNSD might be royalty but you can't release two shit songs and a ok one and not feel the repercussions. It really feels like SM is slowly drowning them in crappy compositions, and cheesy MVs while giving the top stuff to Red Velvet.

I'm ok with that. SNSD can always go the WG way and reinvent themselves in some incredible fashion. But their good ol' days are cleary over.

Ym1r

Lion Heart ranking below I Feel You on melOn's charts despite being released later - Wonder Girls flop confirmed?

Let's not even talk about You Think which is sitting at like 45 and going downwards.

Not that I want to perpetuate some SNSD vs WG argument in here because I literally don't give a shit about either group at the moment, but aren't you talking about a digital chart?

We all know SM gives 0 shits about that. It's physical where they reign supreme. (Unless they're failing in that too)

I mean it was kind of obvious WG wasn't going to flop like most of you were saying but I don't think it did as well as everybody hoped it was going to do, especially for the fact that most of you are saying it was a very good album (I still haven't listened to it).

ramyeon

Not that I want to perpetuate some SNSD vs WG argument in here because I literally don't give a shit about either group at the moment, but aren't you talking about a digital chart?

We all know SM gives 0 shits about that. It's physical where they reign supreme. (Unless they're failing in that too)

I mean it was kind of obvious WG wasn't going to flop like most of you were saying but I don't think it did as well as everybody hoped it was going to do, especially for the fact that most of you are saying it was a very good album (I still haven't listened to it).
A title track from SNSD at 45 on melOn just days after its release is pretty bad. Girl groups generally don't have a lot of staying power on digital charts (I don't think the physical market for girl groups is as lucrative as you think it is either) - but 45 is significant. SNSD usually perform much better than that. Wonder Girls at 10 this far in is pretty decent.

I was mostly being facetious though.

Yeap, flop confirmed.

[Data] SNSD 'Lion Heart' overtook 'Party' as the fastest girl group album to surpass 10,000 copies on Hanteo this year.

150820 [Hanteo] (1st day) SNSD #LionHeart 24:00 KST: 10,735 copies. Total accumulated: 13,639 copies.

150819 [Hanteo] (17th day) Wonder Girls #Reboot 24:00PM KST: 175 copies. Total accumulated: 7,062 copies

Source as always.

It's weird, i blame how SM planned this releases, it's either that or the general public loves Party more than the whole album lol.

Ym1r

A title track from SNSD at 45 on melOn just days after its release is pretty bad. Girl groups generally don't have a lot of staying power on digital charts (I don't think the physical market for girl groups is as lucrative as you think it is either) - but 45 is significant. SNSD usually perform much better than that. Wonder Girls at 10 this far in is pretty decent.

I was mostly being facetious though.

SNSD has always been digital flops tho, they have always made up for it in physical sales. I never expect snsd to perform.

SNSD has always been digital flops tho, they have always made up for it in physical sales. I never expect snsd to perform.

Same as boy groups, IIRC SUJU's Devil also ranked so so on digital but it sold extremely well on physical.

On that same note, Apinkeu release is the only release along Party to surpass 50k copies, but that includes both editions of the album, if you only count one of those editions they are still 2º place.

ramyeon

Yeap, flop confirmed.

Source as always.

It's weird, i blame how SM planned this releases, it's either that or the general public loves Party more than the whole album lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't recall anytime a SNSD title track has fallen down that significantly on digital charts within a few days.

But yeah, I was being facetious like I said.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't recall anytime a SNSD title track has fallen down that significantly on digital charts within a few days.

But yeah, I was being facetious like I said.

Can't remember exactly in Korea but CMIYC in Japan was kinda the same. Mr Mr and RDR were almost the same too.

The question is not if they did well on charts or not, that would be what is exactly to SNSD not do well on charts.

To put it into perspective, Party, more than 50k copies being just a single, digital + physical release, nº1 on the first half of the year on girl group sales. Followed only on charts by a double version of an album of probably the only group able to sell that well as SNSD in the future.

Lion Heart? more than 10k in just a day and it will increase in the coming days with all the bulk purchases SONES did.

That's the thing, falling in the charts fast or later it's not that relative to the overall sales number. Mr Mr did well but it's their worst selling release since 2010 until now.

We'll see how Lion Heart charts, if it sells less than Mr Mr but more than TTS's albums, is it a flop or not? That is relative too cause even like that it would have charted better than every group out there lol.

If you take the melon numbers, sure, they're bad for SNSD, but they're just a part of the overall picture.

Most of us here hate Party, but it's success on sales is so massive is not even funny. Just a single, against a full or mini release of every single girl group out there and it managed to sell more than double of them.

Even T-ara sold better so far than WG release. T-ARA.

ramyeon

That's the thing, falling in the charst fast or later it's not that relative to the overall sales number. Mr Mr did well but it's their worst selling release since 2010 until now.

We'll see how Lion Heart charts, if it sells less than Mr Mr but more than TTS's albums, is it a flop or not? That is relative too cause even like that it would have charted better than every group out there lol.

If you take the melon numbers, sure, they're bad for SNSD, but they're just a part of the overall picture.

Most of us here hate Party, but it success on sales is so massive is not even funny.
I was being facetious - not calling anything a flop to make myself clear.

Melon numbers are pretty indicative of digital performance - it's probably the most popular and widely used of all the digital services in Korea. Digital is also the best indicator for most people of how popular any given song is to the wider public. Outside of fans very few people will go out of their way to buy the physical copy these days. I'm going to say that digital streaming platforms like melOn and Mnet are the most popular ways for the general public to consume music in Korea these days.

Once again, my post was mostly a snide joke, not trying to insinuate that SNSD is "flopping".

Top Bottom