• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

I was being facetious - not calling anything a flop to make myself clear.

Melon numbers are pretty indicative of digital performance - it's probably the most popular and widely used of all the digital services in Korea. Digital is also the best indicator for most people of how popular any given song is to the wider public. Outside of fans very few people will go out of their way to buy the physical copy these days. I'm going to say that digital streaming platforms like melOn and Mnet are the most popular ways for the general public to consume music in Korea these days.

Once again, my post was mostly a snide joke, not trying to insinuate that SNSD is "flopping".

That's the biggest data that digital puts on the table, but as the rest of the numbers, it's complicated to analyse in detail.

I know you were joking lol, don't worry.

Really hope the T-ara rumors are untrue, though I doubt it. I mean, it might be great for them, especially with how poorly they are received in SK these days, and the state of CCM (MBK) is in, but I prefer Korean songs with the promotions that come with them. Weekly concerts, variety shows, etc.

I was being facetious - not calling anything a flop to make myself clear.

Melon numbers are pretty indicative of digital performance - it's probably the most popular and widely used of all the digital services in Korea. Digital is also the best indicator for most people of how popular any given song is to the wider public. Outside of fans very few people will go out of their way to buy the physical copy these days. I'm going to say that digital streaming platforms like melOn and Mnet are the most popular ways for the general public to consume music in Korea these days.

Once again, my post was mostly a snide joke, not trying to insinuate that SNSD is "flopping".

Schadenfreude.

If it's true that RDR dropped like an anchor on the charts then that is grounds for Kim Jong Un to pull the trigger. A nation like that doesn't deserve to exist.

Pendulum

We have this week and the next where her promotions overlap with Wonder Girls. Interaction pls.

---

First public appearance of Ladies Code since last year
CM46DztWwAEdJy4.jpg
CM46Dd4WUAITOQu.jpg
CM46DlaWIAAig_K.jpg

---

DIA debut on September 20th.

ramyeon

Really hope the T-ara rumors are untrue, though I doubt it. I mean, it might be great for them, especially with how poorly they are received in SK these days, and the state of CCM (MBK) is in, but I prefer Korean songs with the promotions that come with them. Weekly concerts, variety shows, etc.

Schadenfreude.

If it's true that RDR dropped like an anchor on the charts then that is grounds for Kim Jong Un to pull the trigger. A nation like that doesn't deserve to exist.
If RDR dropped that quick then I would be shocked, they were at peak popularity then after just coming off of Gee, Genie and Oh! Too far back for me to remember unfortunately.

ramyeon

We have this week and the next where her promotions overlap with Wonder Girls. Interaction pls.

---

---

DIA debut on September 20th.
They gave her a signed copy of the album so that's a start!

https://instagram.com/p/6m3UIOqtiM/?taken-by=hyunah_aa

Ladies Code... </3

Edit: Listening to the new Hyuna mini now. The recorded version of the title track is better than the live version. Yet to get to the song with Jung Yeol from 10cm but that's what I'm looking forward to most.

Yuk Jidam sure has come a long way since her "Hip Hop &#48128;&#45817;&#45376;" days lol.

ramyeon

Also mentioned them in an interview, from Allkpop that Kpop site which shall not be named.
In a recent interview at Cube House in Gangnam, HyunA was asked how it felt to be promoting at the same time as the Wonder Girls. As you know, HyunA just made her solo comeback with "Because I'm The Best" and the Wonder Girls made their comeback a few weeks ago with "I Feel You", which means their promotion periods overlap.

She said, "It's unfortunate that our promotions only overlap until next week," revealing how much she likes performing at the same time as them.

She continued, "As soon as I saw the Wonder Girls' MV, I called Yenny unnie. I was acting silly as I said, 'Unnie, why do I feel so emotional?' I'm one of the people who looked forward to Wonder Girls' comeback the most."

"Because we are close, rather than discussing our new songs, we just talked about personal matters. I told her, 'Make sure to eat well', 'Take care of yourself since music program schedules are hard', while unnie told me, 'You prepare hard for your solo coming up too'. We looked out for each other like that."

"I wanted to see the Wonder Girls up on stage quickly. Since I knew how long they had been preparing, I was touched and it was a performance that made me feel good. It makes me happy that a lot of people are showing their new song much love," HyunA said.

She also added, "Although we prepared for our stages as part of different teams, we respect and support one another."

Also

[MV] JUNIEL (&#51452;&#45768;&#50648;) _ Sorry (&#50136;&#47532;)
Type of boring shit Loc and Ym1r like. It's maybe too upbeat for them, though.
:p
This is actually pretty good, just got around to listening to it. Probably my favourite single from Juniel yet on first listen.

Gotta admit, I'm glad to see that Sojung seems to be exactly like she was before the accident (physically). I remember she was the one that was injured the most out of the three and I think there were even reports that she was so injured it was uncertain if she would ever be able to return to her career as an idol.

FDIA debut on September 20th.

Excited for this. CCM has had many amazing groups. Hope this is another one.

Yo AC, what's up with YGs next girl group? Still bleeding members?

Peru

Juniel sucks, Hyuna single still rocks. Haven't listened to the album yet.

SNSD has always been digital flops tho, they have always made up for it in physical sales. I never expect snsd to perform.

Not true at all. They've always been different from SuJu and similar boy bands in that they've been huge in physicals but also done really well digitally.

Party did well, though. I guess people didn't care for the latest two as singles as much as album tracks.

luso

SNSD being flops at digital it's a myth, go check the data.

Although now You Think is ranking lower than usual on average. I even enjoy more listening to Lion Heart than You Think, this one is too overproduced.

After a few more listening, the album overall is not so bad, it has some nice and enjoyable songs, the usual remark is the album as a whole has a mix of songs that together does not make the album itself stronger, but are only there, Show Girls being the obvious example.

ramyeon

You Think got pushed out of the Top 50 on melOn now, Lion Heart is slowly being pushed out of the Top 20. Pretty abysmal charting considering half the songs ahead of it are reasonably old.

---

Hyuna's mini is alright. I can't see myself listening to it a whole bunch but I feel that way about most of her music, it's just not for me. I do like the song with Jung Yeol from 10cm (Get Out of My House).

ramyeon

Wonder Girls performing Faded Love and Back on Choi Hwa Jung's Power Time.

https://youtu.be/o1iqwdPbe-Q?list=PL11DE4B9D370D44AA

https://youtu.be/RDwZ78cShjQ?list=PL11DE4B9D370D44AA

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie8TiqzYaKg

Jace feat. Kisum MV. Song is getting slammed for its lyrics. Why did you have to participate in this Kisum? :(

Jace is awkward as fuck as always, looks like she's trying way too hard. Not a great video all around.

---

Stellar behind the scenes in the waiting room of Inkigayo. Hyoeun bias reaffirmed, she's hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8oinwNI6fw

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD5SMerNEw4

Fancam of Dahye performing Park Ji Yoon's "Coming of Age Ceremony" on Secret Weapon.

llehuty

Physical sales = size of fanbase (people who would buy anything from the group)
Digital sales = general public

SNSD singles are not catching the interest of the general public as well as Wonder Girl's last release.

This works *mostly* independently of the quality of the music, but still shocking SNSD underperforming, I'm not a fan of their 3 singles, but I was expecting on the korean public picking at least Lion Heart. Oh well, maybe next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD5SMerNEw4

Fancam of Dahye performing Park Ji Yoon's "Coming of Age Ceremony" on Secret Weapon.

HOLY SHIT. She is perfection.

&#49569;&#48124;&#54840; (MINO) - &#44161; (Fear) (Feat. Taeyang of BIGBANG)

Yo AC, what's up with YGs next girl group? Still bleeding members?
Other than Jennie Kim joining Unpretty Rapper there hasn't been any mention.

Kim Jisoo has been in many advertisements.
AngelStone TVCF 30&#52488;

With trainees leaving they must be changing the dynamic of the group [going from 10+ members to 5] or they are looking to add from other companies [JYP].

Future 2NE1 (4 years later)

I believe a couple of these trainees left YG.

Some believe there will be two new girl groups from YG because Jang Hanna will not be included in the next girl group.

Jinny Park is another trainee that may not be debuting with the next YG girl group.
h61QMHt.jpg

Pendulum

Others:
&#48288;&#51060;&#49885;(feat.&#47560;&#47560;&#47924;) - &#8242;Stand Up&#8242; (Basick feat Mamamoo)
&#48660;&#47001;&#45339;(feat.&#51228;&#49884;) - &#8242;&#45236;&#44032; &#54624; &#49688; &#51080;&#45716; &#44148;&#8242; (Black Nut feat Jessi)
&#51060;&#45432;&#48288;&#51060;&#53552; - &#8242;NUMBER 1&#8242; (Innovator, without the previously rumored Jimin)
Full performances, without the contestants/judges reactions, on the YouTube account too.

An established idol, rapping about his family, with one of the biggest idols singing next to him. Mino's got this locked in, if that wasn't already the case.
Mino and Zico probably high-fived over the line that referenced "corrupt directors" at the previous agency.

broz0rs

wrong link for the Black Nut performance, which was amazing.

llehuty

It's chill as fuck I love it. Literally had it on repeat since it dropped. It would fit perfectly on her first mini album, not much of a departure from her sound at all but that's okay since I want more of that.

I find her first album more exciting, but it's true that this could be part of it, but here it's presented stand alone and that's not doing it for me... not sure if i'm explaining myself.

ramyeon

I find her first album more exciting, but it's true that this could be part of it, but here it's presented stand alone and that's not doing it for me... not sure if i'm explaining myself.
Indeed, I'm a bit perplexed. I don't think exciting is the right choice of word either haha since her music isn't really meant to be exciting or anything.

If this is indicative of what her new album will be like then I'm excited.

TEHJOE

Neo Member
While Melon is certainly a better judge of the general public's tastes compared to physical sales, it's anything but conclusive especially when it comes to idol songs. Ignoring the times when chart positions are clearly fixed how does one discount fans purposely streaming songs to win music shows. Look at the number of active listeners for each song, they vary wildly even when only moving one place.

Physical copies of Lionheart contain a coupon redeemable for the digital album on the Genie music streaming service. Party got the rub as the initial comeback and than streaming was divided among Lionheart and You Think.

With SMTM4 songs dominating the top spots the chart is murkier than usual as well. Calling the comeback a flop is a bit premature

Top Bottom