• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

Any idea why the Part One is part of the title? Did Epik High expect to make more albums within Pieces.

Not 100% sure, but I feel it may have something to do with the book he published later the same year called "Pieces of You" which was a collection of stories.

Loci

B0evzjSCUAEri09.jpg:orig

AReed

Haa! I almost ate one of these (rice wrapped in lotus leaf) like Joon Park too until the lady told us we had to unwrap it first. We Americans must think "if it looks like a sandwich, then it's a goddamn sandwich".

Tangeroo

Fantastic episode of Roommates this week. It felt like they took a lot of what made the original Invincible Youth good and injected it into this episode. I also love any acting segments they do. Bonus points for featuring my original kpop bias Chae Yeon.

chae-yeon-90719002.jpg

neoism

Haa! I almost ate one of these (rice wrapped in lotus leaf) like Joon Park too until the lady told us we had to unwrap it first. We Americans must think "if it looks like a sandwich, then it's a goddamn sandwich".

sunnybunnys laugh <3 <3 ep was hilarious

ramyeon

Pieces, Part One is a real masterpiece.
It is considered by many to be their "magnum opus", it's a really good album. I'm inclined to lean towards their earlier stuff though. Shoebox really pleased me because it seems to be a good balance between the early hip-hop sounds of their first couple of albums and the more polished sound of their latter ones.

Swang Songs, their third album, has a special place in my heart too since it was the first album of theirs I actually bought back in '05. Kind of scary to think that album is almost 10 years old now.

ramyeon

Of course the Korean remake of Liar Game has to shoehorn in a romance sub plot between the two protagonists lol. It's missing the interesting visual flair that the Japanese drama had and the awesome soundtrack, too.

Rainy

Banned
It's bad that before the member changes I never could identify any of the Hello Venus members, now it's worse.

What's the consensus on the new Epik High album? I really like it.

ramyeon

Well the OST does have a Dear Cloud tune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC04fZzD-TE
Doesn't fit the series half as well as the theme and OST done by Nakata Yasutaka for the Japanese one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJRPxpLu8Sc

Captured the atmosphere of the series perfectly. That and the weird visual stylings and oversaturated colours made it really appealing. Korean remake feels like a bland copy with pretty actors. The dude playing the Akiyama substitute doesn't fit the role at all, the Nao substitute is okay though she's no Erika Toda. Pretty disappointing really.

Actually rewatched the whole Japanese series again last year since I hadn't seen it since it first aired. Holds up still visually.

ramyeon

I never got into Hello Venus. Who is the current line-up in the bottom picture? (Lime I know from avatars)
According to the names on the profile shots:

(L - R)

Nara, Yeoreum, Alice, Yooyoung, Seoyoung, Lime.

-----

Liar Game may have disappointed me but TVN's other new drama Misaeng seems promising. I had a friend who LOVED the original webcomic and he used to praise it all the time. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Loci

I couldn't recognize a single one.. How ?

You guys are no true whatever their fans are called.

All of them completely changed their style.

Yooyoung had short, boyish hair before, now long and voluptuous
Alice was blond, now brown.
Nara was brown, now blond.
Lime was green, blue, blond, pink, I don't even know what else, now brown and long.
Doesn't help that there are two completely new faces mixed in as well.
If you want to imply they had PS, I have to disappoint you. All of them look exactly the same as before. (maybe Alice fixed her nose at some point, tho.

roaSone

You guys are no true whatever their fans are called.

All of them completely changed their style.

Yooyoung had short, boyish hair before, now long and voluptuous
Alice was blond, now brown.
Nara was brown, now blond.
Lime was green, blue, blond, pink, I don't even know what else, now brown and long.
Doesn't help that there are two completely new faces mixed in as well.
Seems legit then. I didn't even know that they had change of members so.. y.

roaSone

Ok I've finished listening to Epik High's discography. My top 3 is now Pieces, Part One, Shoebox and Epilogue. Others are solid aswell, but these 3 stood out the most for me.

Top Bottom