• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

llehuty

Nicole+Jung+KARA+Adorable+and+Cute+Girl+GIF+%25284%2529.gif

kiyomi

Every time I see a picture of Goo Hara she looks worse and worse. She used to be really pretty. Why'd she get ruined. :(

Slowdive

Banned
Hang on. Hang on. That's Somin.

Yep, she mentioned it on Baby Kara's fan cafe, from OneHallyu:

Ah! And everyone was really suprised, right? It's someone that looks like me~ It's really me. By good relation, I got to appear in Epic High sunbae-nim's MV. Returned from enjoyable filming with "Tiger Strength". Looking foward to how it's going to come out. Everyone. Please watch it alot. Please love Epic High sunbae-nim's song and love me, Somin, as always as well.

ramyeon

Spoiler is great. Born Hater is still more of a highlight imo though. Can't wait to give the rest of the tracks a listen.

That YG girl group member in the video is cute.

ramyeon

Holy shit, 막을 올리며 is a killer opening track.

Feels like super old school Epik High, it's great.

ramyeon

Only 4 tracks in and I can already tell this is a return to form. They've all got their flow back and some of the beats from Tukutz really remind me of their first few albums.

Edit: And then 부르즈 할리파 comes along and blows my mind. I love hearing Epik High with their groove back again.

ramyeon

또 싸워 with Younha great too, and then this track with Kim Jong Wan comes along and blows my mind all over again. Pretty much ready to call this my album of the year at this point.

roaSone

well, gotta listen to epik high stuff then before listening to the last album.
I only know 99 and Tablo's solo, and I liked both a lot

ramyeon

well, gotta listen to epik high stuff then before listening to the last album.
I only know 99 and Tablo's solo, and I liked both a lot
While Tablo's solo stuff was great it wasn't Epik High style at all, neither was 99 which is pretty rubbish. Start from the beginning with Map of the Human Soul and work onwards from there.

Edit: Still not sure how I feel about a cover of Eyes Nose Lips being on here. Only track which I found questionable so far. This is a great album.

Kuno

Definitely gotta check that Epik High album out today.

New girl group going to debut next week, k-pop trio Purfles.

#belly
퍼펄즈(Purfles) '1,2,3' MV Teaser

They have already perfromed hteir debut song here.

Good attitude on stage.
The group name tho...

These girls seem like a pretty good package. Good performers, good looks and a cool song. You're right about their name though, yikes. Kinda similar to that zero-hit wonder Purplay.

ramyeon

Born Hater is very solid. Spoiler is crap.
Nah it's not crap, but it's pretty generic and just feels like a safe title track. Born Hater is leagues better, kind of confused about the opposite reaction here.

Spoiler is definitely one of the weaker tracks on the album though, if not the weakest. Still I wouldn't call it crap.

ramyeon

Correct opinion.
Glad to see you changed your mind about Born Hater.
It's just a big collab of names to draw fangirls to the new EH album.

If you really want to record a track like that where everyone contributes a verse you need people with different styles of rapping otherwise it gets boring super fast.
But since those bubs only copy anything-american-hiphop it all sounds the same due to the lack of own individual artistic input.

Loci

Glad to see you changed your mind about Born Hater.

never said it was bad, it just is what it is.
Could have turned out a lot better if they had some diversity sprinkled in.
VJ doesn't even sound like VJ on that track. He definitely has his own style otherwise.

ramyeon

never said it was bad, it just is what it is.
Could have turned out a lot better if they had some diversity sprinkled in.
VJ doesn't even sound like VJ on that track. He definitely has his own style otherwise.
VJ definitely sounds like VJ here to me. Problem is more that he hasn't sounded like "VJ" since he started making radio friendly clones of the same song over and over again. Even just from a lyrical standpoint though that verse is pretty damn VJ.

Pendulum

I do see what Loci is saying. For example, it feels like the YG idols (at least the 1st two in the MV) are trying to fit a particular style on Born Hater (that rough, guttural intonation flow to try and accentuate a diss track) rather than have their own, and it's around that point in the song where, as I commented on originally, I got bored. If that's what they always sound like, well then sorry, but that still bores me in a track such as this. It honestly feels forced. I'd prefer to listen to something like Epik High's "Rocksteady" or "Eight by Eight" where the distinctive styles create a richer tapestry.

Edit: So, in hindsight after writing that out, I guess my only beef with Born Hater is those two dudes.

Giving the full album a second listen. I really enjoyed Gaeko's album, so December "best" lists are going to be tough.

Slowdive

Banned
Epik High's album is great. It sounds like classic Epik High, while I don't think 99 is that bad this is so much better.

luso

TTS behind the scenes for tomorrow

Today must be Tiffany's day

tumblr_ndqf8k3NkU1rp2chco1_1280.jpg

taeyeon_ss halloweengangstas #halloween #tysone

B0XTEqaIcAA1lb7.jpg:large

사탕좀. #halloween #tysone

tumblr_inline_ndqrn33BdF1r74ak2.jpg

"WOO SEXXXY MAMA (; &#12619;&#12619;&#12619; you&#8217;re totally cool today, unnie <333"

10734983_927226740638104_1221444588_n.jpg

[ TIFFANY for SOREL ] in the november issue of #ELLEKOREA &#50696;&#49240;&#44172; release &#54644;&#51456; staff &#50668;&#47084;&#48516; &#45796;&#49884;&#54620;&#48264; &#44048;&#49324;&#46300;&#47549;&#45768;&#45817; !!

tumblr_ndqzp76nP91rp2chco1_1280.jpg

#goodnightselfie for my lovely fans who came out to see me all day at #sfw &#54616;&#47336;&#51333;&#51068; &#50696;&#49244;&#49324;&#51652; &#52237;&#50612;&#51500;&#51004;&#45768; &#51200;&#46020; &#49324;&#51652;&#49440;&#47932; !! &#45909;&#48516;&#50640; &#50696;&#48848;&#48372;&#50688;&#50612;&#50836;(; &#45320;&#47924;&#45320;&#47924; &#44256;&#47560;&#50892;&#50857; &#51096;&#51088;&#50836; #myfansareawesome

ev0

hello kpop gaf!

Been busy but enjoying lurking here when I get the chance. Quick question.

Now that the Taetiseo is over I want to watch it. But who has the best english subs?

Every one I've come across has bad grammar/translations and/or crap video quality. I know, I'm being a snob here. Wish I'd just learn Korean haha. Anyways, thanks!

luso

hello kpop gaf!

Been busy but enjoying lurking here when I get the chance. Quick question.

Now that the Taetiseo is over I want to watch it. But who has the best english subs?

Every one I've come across has bad grammar/translations and/or crap video quality. I know, I'm being a snob here. Wish I'd just learn Korean haha. Anyways, thanks!

I only know about these subs, probably is the only ones available.

Loci

Mino was in Block B?
___

&#47561;&#51012; &#50732;&#47532;&#47728;
This is exactly how you make a great Hiphop beat. Basic drums and a nice sample. Too bad this era is basically over.

Happen Ending
Good song. I expected the Younha feature to be something like this.

&#46608; &#49912;&#50892;
Yo. I needed a couple of listens for this one. And probably even some more.
So calm. Love it.

Amor Fati
This is probably as much Epik High as it gets instrumental wise. Honestly I expected something else. I was hoping for Tablo rapping on a Kim Jongwan song and not Jongwan singing on an Epik High beat.
Still pretty good.

Born Hater
Solid.

Eyes, Nose, Lips
The first half of the song is actually pretty good. I kept going back listening to it these last couple of days.

well I just couldn't wait and watched the 3rd ep of roommate.....Jackson..
laugh2.gif
laugh2.gif
laugh2.gif
man I haven't laughed that hard in forever....never seen a guy act that way in front of a girl...LULZ
<3 this show...

We try to not show it but that's what we are actually like when talking to women on the inside.

Top Bottom