• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

llehuty

150824 APRIL _ Dream Candy(에이프릴/꿈사탕) / 4K fancam
There are several fancams of the showcase, and some individual ones but no Somin yet, *shakes fist*. But everything is good, she gets plenty of spotlight in the performance, really looking forward her live vocals blowing the other nugus out of the water.

In general, the single is great. Gfriend levels of cutesy done right. Here hoping it has also good chart performance, although you can tell it was made for the spring.

In typical KARA fashion, the album has tracks that go from meh to OK, with Thriller being the most decent one of the bunch.

Hara & Uee said:
11934829_516566108508273_1926419946_n.jpg

Still a bad bitch, following zero people. LMAO.

Glad to see they are enjoying promoting this album. It seems taeyeons decision to kick Jessica out was correct.
So, I keep wondering, were was all this Sica hate when she was in the group?

1 min in and I'm sold. Fake edit: The dramatic writting sounds reminded me of Fiction, lol.

lmao at "I can do the cute stuff too".

DIA[다이아] "왠지 [Somehow]" Teaser including their hype man Flavor Flav and bonus 1 minute of black screen.
lol CCM gotta CCM. But really clever that they are targeting china from the get go. They have netizens hate on lock just from being in MBK.

Koriandrr

so.. I'd like to discuss something.
With Korea being Korea and everything, I expect it's exactly as it looks like, but how much do your connections to the kpop industry count when training to become an idol? E.g. I was reading Sunny's wiki page and turns out she's blood related to Lee Soo-man, the founder of SM Entertainment. Small world? Doubt it.

How many other similar cases are there? There's also the 'returning to Korea korean' factor, like Bom. For whatever reason they seem to worship Koreans who've lived outside of Korea for a while.

I know it's a cultural thing, but it obviously affects how the industry is run. Where is the line, really?

Disclaimer: I'm not trash talking the kpop industry, I love kpop, I'm just curious about the culture and would like to know more. I'm not here to make it sound shit for everyone.

Peru

so generic and cheesy and relentlessly upbeat and i kind of love it :/

Well a change has taken place. Last time we had a cutesy invation was in the period leading up to Girl's Day making sexy happen. We had tons of nugu groups doing cute shit, winking at the camera. But back then nearly all the songs were total crap. Genuine shit. Now we have a new wave of cute girl groups but the songs are a lot better. The in vogue sound is different.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
sounds like a shitty knockoff of early kara to me

glad to see neon bunny getting accidental publicity

TEHJOE

Neo Member
With Korea being Korea and everything, I expect it's exactly as it looks like, but how much do your connections to the kpop industry count when training to become an idol? E.g. I was reading Sunny's wiki page and turns out she's blood related to Lee Soo-man, the founder of SM Entertainment. Small world? Doubt it.

How many other similar cases are there? There's also the 'returning to Korea korean' factor, like Bom. For whatever reason they seem to worship Koreans who've lived outside of Korea for a while.

I know it's a cultural thing, but it obviously affects how the industry is run. Where is the line, really?

Disclaimer: I'm not trash talking the kpop industry, I love kpop, I'm just curious about the culture and would like to know more. I'm not here to make it sound shit for everyone.

I'm pretty sure Mir or one of the MBLAQ members has a strong family connection as well.

We can't know for sure but I always see Sunny as some kind of a misnomer for nepotism in the idol industry. I personally would do anything to push my nieces and nephews away from idol life if I had the power to place them somewhere else.

She's the only SNSD member to acknowledge that she was physically hit during training. (probably during her Starworld days) On Healing Camp, Jessica mentioned a ride from hell in their early careers in which they had to race to a music show in an extremely short amount of time. Seohyun had to ride on the lap of another member as there were no more seats left. The van lost it's mirrors and their driver/manager quit the next day due to the overwhelming stress. I'd have to imagine if Sunny was pushed through purely based on family ties her Uncle would also care deeply about her safety.

She talked about her debut on Dangerous Boys, feeling incredulous that they would want someone so chubby and out of shape for a top tier girl group.

Sunny was a solid fit as the last member of SNSD. She's kind of a perfectly flawed vessel in that she has seen the industry from both the top and the bottom and is extremely sensitive. SNSD's roles were pretty much set already and they needed a member to keep things together rather than another star. A member who could eat heat once in a while or be OK with diminished lines.She's a top line worker and is there to push other members.

llehuty

So, April is ranking decently on the charts, even with the awful timing with the Infinite Challenge festival thing, SMTM, Big Bang, every girl group and their mothers releasing stuff recently. Didn't see this one coming. Nice job DSP.
Rip Rainbow, though.

Dedicated to dice:
박진영, 이진아(J.Y. Park, Jin Ah Lee) "공항 가는 길(Road to the Airport) (Sing the Road #01)" Teaser Film
Add on top of that that he never did anything close to this with Yerin for maximum saltyness.

I'm a sucker for nugus, but eh at this.

Really interesting topic. I'll talk on the foreigner thing. I feel like is a really nice way to get some international fans onboard from the get go. For example, in this community, just the fact of an idol speaking english (even though it doesn't have any other redeemable qualities) will give a free pass to some people in here and skyrocket into their top bias lists.

It also gives the group some additional diversity and screentime for days with the "foreign one" stitch (see, Nicole in Star Golden Bell).

No idea in the cultural side of things, though.

Ym1r

Seems to be only a message, turn the captions on, sorry... I though it was odd CP going to that state, lol.

o damnit I was kinda happy for a sec fuk

theres plenty of koreans in minnesota, especially at the University but nobody wants to come here ever :(

llehuty

needs a refund on that nose
doesn't look like Hara

Of which one of the Hara noses are we talking about though? I lost count.

Edit: I always forget The Show is a thing. So early in the week....
[Debut Special Edition] 150825 APRIL (에이프릴) - Dream Candy (꿈사탕) @ 더쇼 The Show [1080p 60fps]
[Debut Stage] 150825 APRIL (에이프릴) - Knock Knock @ 더쇼 The Show [1080p 60fps]
60 fps Somin, so good

A shame Hyein from Puretty bailed DSP after their flop, she would've been rly cute in April and I might've considered stanning them together with that debut song.

Some believe there will be two new girl groups from YG because Jang Hanna will not be included in the next girl group.

I thought YG decided she would go solo instead of joining a group.

But yeah, Jisoo is pretty damn cute. The amount of CFs she's been getting before debuting is pretty absurd though. Some knetizen claimed she was the daughter of Mnet, which if true, would explain a lot.

Man, Chokers getting more popular than Birkenstock right now in Korea.

Fucking loving this trend. So much better than the shitty contacts trend currently going on as well. Korea is obviously trying to balance the good with the bad.

Tried watching Girl's Day One Fine Day, but I literally can't stand Yuras laughter. Ended up watching AOAs instead. Anything to get by while I wait for EXID and SNSD.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Latest EXID Showtime is out (episode 7). Only 1 more episode left :/

Hilarious. I love these girls. This is easily the most entertaining idol show of all time. It's incredible how wicked funny their "missions" can get. Also dizzy LE who can barely walk, is best LE! That whole segment was amazing.

Pendulum

Hilarious. I love these girls. This is easily the most entertaining idol show of all time. It's incredible how wicked funny their "missions" can get. Also dizzy LE who can barely walk, is best LE! That whole segment was amazing.

I love EXID, but Invincible Youth says "Hi".

Man, all this episode did was show me the greatness of LE's legs.

I daresay, it's currently the best legs in K-Pop right now. And of course the GOAT is still from Yuri's golden age.

Also, Junghwa is disgustingly pretty/cute/blahblahblah. It's not like Sunny's annoying aegyo, heck, it's not even annoying at all... I just can't stand the sight of her since my entire bias list falls apart if she's in the picture. It doesn't help that she too has killer legs... good grief.

But yeah, Invincible Youth is the GOAT idol show... but I will say that EXID is probably the most entertaining idols of today though. A-Pinkeu held that crown for a while though, but ever since EXID's Showtime... that crown has been passed.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Best legs? How can you even make that call? That's like... Seolhyun, Choa, Hyosung, Jieun, Dahye, IU, Yooyoung, Irene... several nugus I haven't learned names of and others... you know that's like the highest competition in kpop, plus there are different types "charming" (as korean media says) in different ways.

Top Bottom