• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

ysWaJYK.jpg

XkRHmuq.jpg
5nKURGP.jpg

KPnD6fR.jpg
No HQ Lim :/

Not taking anything away from LE, but now jongkookie needs a legs primer as well.

...legs primer?

Oh hell yes I'm in.

Seriously, I need some eye bleach after watching the actual shooting of the VA shooter earlier.

New Jang Jae In single teaser!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIfQ7Efcts4&feature=youtu.be

I love the sound of this! And the video looks fantastic. Can't wait.

Yessssssss. She needs to do another signed album thing, I can't miss this one like the one before lol.

llehuty

Song is good, but Hyoryn with those ridiculous tryhard stylings threw me off. She is not even rapping or anything in this, why did she need to do the awkward cosplay? Also, they need to stop already with the HyoLyn, it's not going to happen.

Potato quality, but here's a preview of DIA's "I Gotta Feeling" that they performed.
A-pink rip off? smh, I wasn't expecting T-ara levels of awesome debut, but sounds like a waste.

This is awful but at least I got a good laugh out of this:
arcadey.net said:
Duble Sidekick probably cooked it up early last year and shopped it to BESTie, who promptly turned it down because their music is actually good and they wouldn’t be caught dead doing a Pippi Longstocking concept.

"Star Empire (ZE:A, 9MUSES) 4-storey building revealed to have been set to court auction"
Naver link, Daum link

Some context, if there's any to be translated, would be much appreciated if anyone
ramyeon
is up for it.

AKP article: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015...sted-for-forced-sale-by-court-ordered-auction
NetizenBuzz: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.ca/2015/08/star-empires-company-building-goes-up.html

fighting

Sweet Sorrow - Let's Make Love MV Teaser (featuring Moon Hyuna)

Koriandrr

So, April is ranking decently on the charts, even with the awful timing with the Infinite Challenge festival thing, SMTM, Big Bang, every girl group and their mothers releasing stuff recently. Didn't see this one coming. Nice job DSP.
Rip Rainbow, though.

Dedicated to dice:
박진영, 이진아(J.Y. Park, Jin Ah Lee) "공항 가는 길(Road to the Airport) (Sing the Road #01)" Teaser Film
Add on top of that that he never did anything close to this with Yerin for maximum saltyness.

Really interesting topic. I'll talk on the foreigner thing. I feel like is a really nice way to get some international fans onboard from the get go. For example, in this community, just the fact of an idol speaking english (even though it doesn't have any other redeemable qualities) will give a free pass to some people in here and skyrocket into their top bias lists.

It also gives the group some additional diversity and screentime for days with the "foreign one" stitch (see, Nicole in Star Golden Bell).

No idea in the cultural side of things, though.

I'm pretty sure Mir or one of the MBLAQ members has a strong family connection as well.

We can't know for sure but I always see Sunny as some kind of a misnomer for nepotism in the idol industry. I personally would do anything to push my nieces and nephews away from idol life if I had the power to place them somewhere else.

She's the only SNSD member to acknowledge that she was physically hit during training. (probably during her Starworld days) On Healing Camp, Jessica mentioned a ride from hell in their early careers in which they had to race to a music show in an extremely short amount of time. Seohyun had to ride on the lap of another member as there were no more seats left. The van lost it's mirrors and their driver/manager quit the next day due to the overwhelming stress. I'd have to imagine if Sunny was pushed through purely based on family ties her Uncle would also care deeply about her safety.

She talked about her debut on Dangerous Boys, feeling incredulous that they would want someone so chubby and out of shape for a top tier girl group.

Sunny was a solid fit as the last member of SNSD. She's kind of a perfectly flawed vessel in that she has seen the industry from both the top and the bottom and is extremely sensitive. SNSD's roles were pretty much set already and they needed a member to keep things together rather than another star. A member who could eat heat once in a while or be OK with diminished lines.She's a top line worker and is there to push other members.

Thanks for the info guys!

Man, I had no idea the industry is that crazy. I mean, I knew it's tough and you gotta have thick skin, but this is really much worse. I do like Sunny a lot, but never knew that's her role. Or that she's considered 'chubby', but then again Asian standards for 'chubby' always amaze me.

It's definitely a bonus for them to be able to expand worldwide, I mean look at CL hanging out with all these American celebrities on her instagram all the time :D

giri

Jisoo looks to be making her debut with Lovelyz' next comeback

And Youkyung is on a recent AOA poster

1/2 never left. She just attends university while the rest of the group is performing. So... she's a full time student.

RIP.

"Star Empire (ZE:A, 9MUSES) 4-storey building revealed to have been set to court auction"
Naver link, Daum link

Some context, if there's any to be translated, would be much appreciated if anyone
ramyeon
is up for it.

RIP.

Thanks for the info guys!

Man, I had no idea the industry is that crazy. I mean, I knew it's tough and you gotta have thick skin, but this is really much worse. I do like Sunny a lot, but never knew that's her role. Or that she's considered 'chubby', but then again Asian standards for 'chubby' always amaze me.

It's definitely a bonus for them to be able to expand worldwide, I mean look at CL hanging out with all these American celebrities on her instagram all the time :D

The idol factory is insane. The latest episode of the EXID show is brutal when Hani starts reflecting on when they went to jeju 3 years ago, and no one knew them. Then the others just try to move on with out addressing it.

Yeah they all choose that life. But I'm not sure some of them truly understand what they're getting in for.

Koriandrr

The idol factory is insane. The latest episode of the EXID show is brutal when Hani starts reflecting on when they went to jeju 3 years ago, and no one knew them. Then the others just try to move on with out addressing it.

Yeah they all choose that life. But I'm not sure some of them truly understand what they're getting in for.

Oh man... I only watch Roomate occasionally and I remember that new member of KARA being so over-the-top happy when someone in a shop recognized her. I guess they really appreciate it? Is the EXID show worth watching? :eek:

giri

Oh man... I only watch Roomate occasionally and I remember that new member of KARA being so over-the-top happy when someone in a shop recognized her. I guess they really appreciate it? Is the EXID show worth watching? :eek:

Youngji.

They all appreciate it because making it aint easy. There are a ton of idol groups that debut each year that never even get to a weekly music show.

Hmm, yeah and no. It's ok, but their personalities can be a bit ... boring. But they're very... open in their personality, so it's a nice insight. It's final ep airs next week i think?

The girlsday show is great, much more entertaining. But I enjoy their personalities.

vanty

Yeah a couple of the EXID episodes have been good but Girl's Day have been far more entertaining and I'm totally fine with their personalities, there's more than enough boring, safe idols. Seems like most people prefer EXID's show though, yet this is a crazy world where some people think LE has great legs...

And here's some Perfect Fei the Best™ from that idol athletics thing I guess

mug_obj_144058015611369922.png

naughty little cartoon

Oh and people should just install that Naver V app, all the videos seem to get english subs within 24 hours of the live broadcast and they look better than the rips on YouTube.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Purflies so good.

I watch EXID 85% for Hani. She got me with Dasoni and some swimming thing and never stopped being wonderful. The others are alright, but with Hani there my attention is drawn away.

Girl's Day is just a riot 24/7. I like when they went on WGM and gave Yura shit nonstop.

And here's some Perfect Fei the Best™ from that idol athletics thing I guess.
She will ultimately lose to master archer Sohyun.

Peru

Hani is one of those people whose intelligence you feel at all times. When doing a silly game, making jokes, just sitting around on a show - it's there.

BoA fans from KR and globally have planted a whole forest.

CNaxZqzUEAAGbE4.jpg
CNUPoYMVEAAkifN.jpg

SzCpvxJ.gif

llehuty

First Somin fancam!!

Naver link, Daum link

ramyeon
is up for it.
;_;
But 9muses were working in a comeback. ;_;
Just when they beggining to get more traction, this is 2014 all over again ;_;
Random kind donator or something, pls save/buy Star Empire ;_;

They opened an instagram account: purfles_official
Hype. They might hit gold between all these cutesy nugus.

feist_

Banned
Yeah.. so.. this is pretty good: BU 'OooLaLa' M/V - 비유 울랄라 뮤직비디오

Hani for Jambangee - [EXID(이엑스아이디)] 하니 X 잠뱅이 Making

~14 min. of Mamamoo @ 1080p 60fps (Um Oh Ah Yeh, Piano Man, Mr. Ambiguous) - 150827 마마무(MAMAMOO) 2015 행진콘서트 축하공연 직캠 by 욘바인첼

~21 min. of Apink @ UltraHD 120fps - 150827 V앱 에이핑크 APINK 로또쇼

Hong Jin Young - [직캠/Fancam] 150825 홍진영 - 사랑의 배터리 @ 경기도 농촌지도자대회
Hong Jin Young - [직캠/Fancam] 150825 홍진영 - 부기맨 @ 경기도 농촌지도자대회

Hani is one of those people whose intelligence you feel at all times. When doing a silly game, making jokes, just sitting around on a show - it's there.
That and her idiosyncrasies make her amazing. "Everyone" in K-Pop is attractive. It's the various intangibles that make for an interesting individual.

Woohee's dancing is at another level compared to the other members.
9 out of 10 scientists agree she became the best member the day she joined Dal Shabet.

wonder girls, hani, yura, hyosung, jia, eunji, hyuna, yoo ara

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ben is like the new OST queen.. Also done all those belting vocalist shows. Really weird that she's doing songs like that. Seems totally beside the point. Her Oh My Goddess track, written by Suran (of Primary album fame) is a great traditional ballad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi9hfd7W6Ew
That song is legit and she sang it well enough I ain't even mad she isn't Yerin.

Edit: Damn, she knocked A Goose's Dream out of the park
https://youtu.be/HQVOYkDTeIM

Top Bottom