• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
9dyOzKC.gif

roaSone

What asshole thought it was a good idea to take the premier songwriter on kpop star and have JYP write and compose her first post-show release.
JYP is the most influential person of the show, so him producing songs sang by the Top 3 of previous season (Jung Seung Hwan is next) and futhermore as a sort of CF song for the main sponsor : Hyundai. I only see that approach as a promotion marketing for the next season of Kpop Star.

Pendulum

New Giriboy mini (외롬적인 4곡) got released today. Narrower in style than this year's "Coming of Age Ceremony" (you could image a singer featuring on all of the tracks to give them that rapper/singer combo that the charts love), but a great little laid back listen.

---

f(x) shooting an MV on Sep 11. Comeback date still "undecided" according to SM.

---

Mamamoo - "IMPRETTY RAPSTAR"

---

Eric Nam does nothing for me, so ehhhhh(?) Playback comeback

---

Yeeun filmed for Running Man this week (Wonder Girls Yeeun. CLC Yeeun already been on)

Pendulum

llehuty

DAY6 "Congratulations" Teaser Video
Weird JTP throws this group now taking into account it was girl group time, and Twice have the right elements to debut now.

[teaser] 지아이(GI) - 돌리고 돌리고 (DoliGo DoliGO)
RIP. They are pulling a Helllo Venus, but worse because what they did before was good.

배드키즈 - 이리로 (COME CLOSER) M/V
RIP Badkiz. Their previous concepts were so good *sigh*.

[Teaser] Jun Jin(전진) _ Wow Wow Wow (Feat. Eric)
Shinhwa hype.

[Teaser] UNICORN(유니콘) _ HUK(헉)
nugu hype

Lmao this. Dead at the editing ticks completely replicated.

This was subbed but I can't find the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kM6rGHbzog

Meanwhile, Lionheart at #7 in Melon.

Looks like Lion Heart has some legs after seemingly flopping digitally at first. Well deserved!

DAY6 "Congratulations" Teaser Video
Weird JTP throws this group now taking into account it was girl group time, and Twice have the right elements to debut now.

I think it was always on the wing that JYP was planning to debut another boy group shortly after Got7. Anyway, I'm pretty excited. Love the little tidbit we get to hear. Also, JYPs output this year has been fantastic. Hopefully he'll still be able to squeeze out Twice before the year is over.

Ym1r

after finishing oh my ghostess I've kind of been craving some dramas, I just started yong pal. It's okay, I guess. Kim Tae Hee's acting so bad still.

I'm only posting this because it is a fairly big story of clear cut fraud, yet nobody cares:

Essentially, full BTS USA tour has been put into limbo by a shady concert promoter.

The entire thing just goes to show how much of a pitfall kpop concerts are in North America that aren't handled by companies proper. And this isn't the first time they have done this. An Eric Nam concert has come and gone from the exact same promoter, and yet nothing is being done.

Niks

Apparently Soshi filmed on You Hee-yeol's Sketchbook, and were asked questions about their breakups and the ousted member. Seems like the audience boooed during the filming.

Wonder if this will be edited out.

TEHJOE

Neo Member
I know that You Hee-yeol tends to ask dirty old man questions but I've never heard him ask anything really edgy.Granted I've only watched SNSD's appearances but even slight transgressions get blown up in KPOP.

If I had a vendetta against SM I'd do it on a live show, like how Inkigayo screwed Sunny.

TEHJOE

Neo Member
Are you referring to the face she made (or, to be accurate, didn't make) in a crowd shot?

Yeah

Granted we will never know for sure and the camera did turn away quickly but I tend to think it was deliberate. There are understood boundaries in regards to when and if you will be filmed. Sunny can be bad about not keeping her gameface up when she thinks the camera won't be on her but she had no rational expectation that it would be on her especially in such a contentious context. She was frowning prior to the announcement so any conscientious cameraman or producer would reject a pan of the group.

I can see reading almost anything into the incident but I have a hard time believing it was a mistake.

Yeah

Granted we will never know for sure and the camera did turn away quickly but I tend to think it was deliberate.

I can see reading almost anything into the incident but I have a hard time believing it was a mistake.

Ahahahahaha...

SONE's are hilarious.

This is what a TV control room looks like:

TV-7%20Control%20Room.jpg

See all those buttons with the green lights above? That's how you control the cameras and which shot to send on air.

See all the screens at the far end of the image? That shows every active camera, graphics, and whatever else the control room needs.

Lemme put it this way... if ESPN or a newsroom can screw up their shot selection when they've only got 5 cameras to control and where it's rehearsed beforehand... how're you gonna tell me a TV show with more cameras, running live without rehearsal, can intentionally "screw up" to screw someone over?

Y'all SONE's are delulu's.

Hell, back when I was in TV production in college we only had ONE person control the cameras in the control room because you CANNOT fnck it up. They spend an entire summer training for that shit, for a shot to run the cameras for an entire semester. In the professional field, control room operators are very very very very rare since it's a ridiculously stressful gig. A lot of the upcoming operators start in the middle of fncking nowhere in Montana coz the rural areas don't care if there's a flub on their news program... if you screw up on a major market like LA or NY, you can kiss your ass goodbye.

Mind you, I'm not even a 2NE1 fan... I'm a huge Sunny fan actually, but I couldn't ignore the delulu going on with that "deliberate" shit.

TEHJOE

Neo Member
Just so I completely understand. You are saying that it had to be a mistake because the producer is so overloaded with his stressful job that reading any sense of intent is nothing but paranoid contempt. People's heads would roll at even the slightest talk of conspiracy.

You call SONES delulu's but this thread has been nothing but people reading the murky depths clamoring for the death of SNSD. While I enjoyed both Lionheart and Party I agree with the notion that they are deathly boring now as they have nothing more to prove. I just take issue with people throwing stones in the glass houses of the KPOP world.

Top Bottom