• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Let's revisit Uji's "Let it go" cover
VkmoOzp.gif

Numb

so... what groups/songs do you like? :)

Not into specific groups deeply but listen to alot of them at random like T-ARA, BoA,GG,BEG,EXID etc...
Songs i gotta go with BoA- only one. Giving me Ciara vibes and Roly-Poly which i won't admit to how many times i watched even infront of a judge.

Ym1r

The timer/typesetter, OH_mes, from the good old days of iSUBS explaining what happened with them shutting down. iSUBS were the godtier of fansubs back in the first couple years of Running Man for those who are newer to such things, they did Family Outing before that as well.

I assumed they, or at least some of them, started doing stuff for Dramafever. A lot of the older Dramafever episodes of Running Man are re-uploads of iSUBS. Like this. Dramafever is like officially licensed too.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So after a month on listening to K-Pop, why is the camera work for a live performance in K pop the worst ever? They never show the full dance moves, they cut to the audience, they only focus on a single body part sometimes, close up on the member thats NOT singing, etc. The only way to see the full performance with the full choreography is to watch the dance practice video and most of that shit on youtube is the mirrored version.

Pendulum

September 8 is Red Velvet Day.

21:00KST - "Red vs Velvet" broadcast with Shinee's Key as MC
22:00KST - "Dumb Dumb" MV
24:00KST - "Red" album drops

JKTrix

So after a month on listening to K-Pop, why is the camera work for a live performance in K pop the worst ever? They never show the full dance moves, they cut to the audience, they only focus on a single body part sometimes, close up on the member thats NOT singing, etc. The only way to see the full performance with the full choreography is to watch the dance practice video and most of that shit on youtube is the mirrored version.
If they make it to Japan, they often get much better camera work there too.

But the preferred way to consistently and properly see any choreography is to look for mostly unofficial 'fancams'. A lot of them do focus on a single member, but there are some that do the whole group too.

Can start with drighk, Spinel for example.

So the piece of shit miniature laptop I had borrowed from my mom fucking broke down as well (3rd computer in a few months). Luckily, I tried my own laptop and for whatever reason, it's suddenly working again, and just in time for Red Velvets comeback. Having to enjoy the comeback and all that it entails in 360p would have been a tragedy.

Speaking of which, the first episode of RVs V App Comeback Special is subbed! Aaand it's in 360p, rip.

Should have expected this to be seperate, but my horrible mind thought they were together at once... the world would have explosded if true I guess.

The final part has all 3 of them at the same time.

DAY6 "Congratulations" M/V
Decent, but something is missing in that chorus to make it even better.

I really like this. Reminds me of that one group that has all the songs in Greys Anatomy. Album is pretty good as well. Songs are quite varied.

big_boss__s_salute___mgs3_by_rainedrebellion-d57boh0.png

llehuty

[ENG SUB] 150902 Unnie Oppa [欧尼欧巴] Coming 9muses
9muses in running man, plssss.

[TEASER] SEVENTEEN(세븐틴) - 만세(MANSAE)
Make some money for Pledis, plssss.

전진 (Jun Jin) - 60 Seconds
This is so good, based Shinhwa.

Yo. New blood.Can be considered new to it other than lurking and checking the links in here and random youtube stuff. A+ effort on OP by the way. Helped alot.
Too much hotness in K-pop doc says i should only stick to audio.
Welcome to the thread. Let us know if you want to catch up with something in particular.

Younha too OP

Hammie in that school reality show. Where they go to school and stuff. She shows off her cute English too.

edit: wtf Shaq is there too lmao
I can't deal with Hammie being so cute, talented and adorable.

Yeah, camera work is most of the times awful. This is sometimes also a problem even with MVs.

The best option to get to see the proper choreo is dance practice and fancmas. thankfully, right now both thing are super extended in kpop. Also, if therre is a mirrored version, there is also a normal version (for some reason, it's sometimes more difficult to find)

Numb

Welcome to the thread. Let us know if you want to catch up with something in particular.
Thx for the welcome. Keeping up with the thread helped with the catching up with stuff. Now looking forward to the Red Velvet stuff after seeing all those teasers in here.

Although i wouldn't mind being pointed in the direction of groupds/songs in the same vein as roly-poly. Fast,upbeat,dance focused songs with lots of camera cuts.
I do love the slow,sensual and very hot ones aswell but are easier to find than the other one.

Loci

Thx for the welcome. Keeping up with the thread helped with the catching up with stuff. Now looking forward to the Red Velvet stuff after seeing all those teasers in here.

Although i wouldn't mind being pointed in the direction of groupds/songs in the same vein as roly-poly. Fast,upbeat,dance focused songs with lots of camera cuts.
I do love the slow,sensual and very hot ones aswell but are easier to find than the other one.

Since you already discovered the best group there is just follow along their label-mates.
Eventho CCM, now MBK, may be shit at handling their bands, the quality of their musical output is >>>>>>

F-ve Dolls
Gangkiz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLWIsO9iU0g so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oZi3HVPpLo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTbuInuhIaA

CO-ED SCHOOL (남녀공학) - 삐리뽐 빼리뽐 (Bbiribbom Bbaeribom)

Peru

스퀴시 ‏@squishy_blob 32s32 seconds ago
Sounds like she'll just be her own producer this time or consulting some L0en staff for advice

스퀴시 ‏@squishy_blob 1m1 minute ago
During the event today, IU said she's putting the final touches on her new album and she won't be involving others to do the producing

luso

Welcome. And if you want to know full thread (hi)story, check pervious OTs :p

Numb

Since you already discovered the best group there is just follow along their label-mates.
Eventho CCM, now MBK, may be shit at handling their bands, the quality of their musical output is >>>>>>

F-ve Dolls
Gangkiz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLWIsO9iU0g so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oZi3HVPpLo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTbuInuhIaA

CO-ED SCHOOL (남녀공학) - 삐리뽐 빼리뽐 (Bbiribbom Bbaeribom)

Welcome. And if you want to know full thread (hi)story, check pervious OTs :p
Thx for the suggestions and welcome.
Usually way more posts of songs and of the subject compared to OTs of other stuff here.
That's alot of history to go through by i usually comb through the olders OTs on random.

Pendulum

That was tight!
Them jeans missing the front half got me offguard tho.

Since you're liking T-ara and Red Velvet (great choices), I recommend you check out f(x) and 4Minute (in particular their earlier stuff and this year's "Crazy", as well as Hyuna's solo stuff)

Numb

Since you're liking T-ara and Red Velvet (great choices), I recommend you check out f(x) and 4Minute (in particular their earlier stuff and this year's "Crazy", as well as Hyuna's solo stuff)

Will do.
Seems like i came across crazy in one of my random browsing, not their older stuff tho.
Subbed to SMTOWN. What other the other big and good channels that have lots of groups and variety?

Pendulum

Will do.
Seems like i came across crazy in one of my random browsing, not their older stuff tho.
Subbed to SMTOWN. What other the other big and good channels that have lots of groups and variety?

I assume by "variety" you mean "diverse", rather than "variety shows" (of which there are many relating to K-Pop). You would probably want to check out the YouTube channels of the other big entertainment companies like SM - JYPE, YG, Cube. Also 1theK, which is a partner with many labels, and which is probably the most variety you'll find

Top Bottom