• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Numb

#irenetho
So cool.
A+
tumblr_nudtfzRZDp1tdszlgo2_540.gif

Like this part alot.
Same. I love "24 Hours," but prefer "Full Moon," particularly because it seems better suited to Sunmi. I still say "24 Hours" would have been an equally amazing Miss A song, and while I can see Miss A's Min doing a solid version of "Full Moon" (better than anyone else in her group), I doubt it would have the feel Sunmi brings across.

As for Bing Bing dancing, all I had to do back in the day was post the Bing Bing dance practice video (like I did here with a now perma-banned member), and people had no choice but to fall in love with the group.

Incidentally, that post also has one of the many times I've brought up K-Pop's obvious, and sometimes wholesale photocopied, influences. Western Hip-Hop and R&B are at the top of the list, but also Eurobeat, British/Scandinavian folk and pop, among others.

Obviously, nearly nothing exists in a vacuum any more, and even creators of the "source" material often have a long list of uncredited citations themselves. Still, there are times when you have to ignore K-Pop/Rock/Hip-Hop's penchant for not acknowledging where there same influences originate from.
True. I've only seen that dance practice vid and love it.
It is to be expected to be influenced by those genres as in they are in the same vein.
Can they be called K-Pop if they are inspired heavily by such things as metal and jazz tho.

ramyeon

I really enjoy The Red. There are a few songs that fall flat for me, but as an overall release I'm really impressed by it. Especially for a first full length album. I also appreciate that we got 10 brand new songs all at once instead of rehashes from earlier minis or staggered releases. Always good to see these kinds of releases from idol groups in Kpop these days.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well my true test has come. I've been going to this trivia night stuff at bars around town with my friends. We got to pick a category for next week, and we heard another team had been trying to get the opportunity for months to pick a certain category... it's kpop. So it's basically me vs a whole team of female kpop stans. In reality the host will probably google kpop and find the most obvious shit and we'll both knock it out of the park, but this could also get real if he decides to fuck with us for making him do it and goes back to the 80s.

Ym1r

Well my true test has come. I've been going to this trivia night stuff at bars around town with my friends. We got to pick a category for next week, and we heard another team had been trying to get the opportunity for months to pick a certain category... it's kpop. So it's basically me vs a whole team of female kpop stans. In reality the host will probably google kpop and find the most obvious shit and we'll both knock it out of the park, but this could also get real if he decides to fuck with us for making him do it and goes back to the 80s.

pray to seulgi for success

Broank

95% of the time it's the first quiz/trivia link on google. At least he took your category though, the girls that run it at the bar we go to always reject our stuff. :(

Dice

Dream situation is the host will play some Kim Wan Sun or something and I'll nail that shit, but just doing kpop as a category on my birthday is pretty funny.

Pendulum

Dream situation is the host will play some Kim Wan Sun or something and I'll nail that shit, but just doing kpop as a category on my birthday is pretty funny.

How is the host usually with various categories though? There's evidence of thoughtful questions from exploring a topic, or it's scratch-the-surface type stuff?

Dice

It's like a professional team of various hosts that does stuff all over town. The difficulty range is typically all over, but we have many times found lists and stuff online that they obviously pulled from, and the final round is always intentionally extra hard. Thing is, with kpop they probably won't want to push too hard for the sake of everyone else, lol. I think it would be funny if they unintentionally cause a clusterfuck by making us name debatably translated song titles. I'm moving out of state this month so it's extra funny to subject everyone to this before I go.

Just to be safe I should probably brush up on guy groups and learn their names. I think I only have Shinee, 2PM, Big Bang, Beast, and Suju memorized. Gotta learn Infinite names and finally subject myself to Exo, get better acquainted with all the groups that start with B.

Slowdive

Banned
The Red is really good, nowhere near as good as Pink Tape though, I'd probably put it above Red Light but I haven't listened to it in a while.

New Han Hee Jung:

CObnN7LUAAAS01T.jpg

roaSone

After like 5 loops around The Red, I still can't choose my favorite song. I hope they're gonna perform some other songs with Dumb Dumb, even if it's a glimpse.

Kuno

This song came up in my playlist today and I don't understand how it was not a smash hit. It's like the perfect Kpop song, and one of the best songs Brave Brothers has produced. It still hasn't gotten old, two years later.

BESTie - Love Options

vanty

Lucky dude.
It's always portrait mode with phones lol.
That wouldn't have been done with a phone, more likely filmed with something like $5k of equipment. The focus is just one one person so you can have it a higher res as well if the camera is portrait instead of cropped landscape.

Numb

That wouldn't have been done with a phone, more likely filmed with something like $5k of equipment. The focus is just one one person so you can have it a higher res as well if the camera is portrait instead of cropped landscape.

Oh cool. I see portrait mode too much nowadays and just think phone.
Your avi is hilarious. Looking high. That's from step if i'm correct right or KARA?

Pendulum

DIA debuts next week. It was revealed today that their album will have 7 songs (plus 3 additional versions of one of their title tracks). It has 2 title tracks, both composed by Shinsadong Tiger. One is "innocent" and one is "sexy" (fancam of them performing the sexy one is here).

Introductions:
Group
tXmwiTE.jpg

c4FaKxX.jpg
bnUyRbg.jpg
j6EPXKp.jpg

Seunghee
QNRTELz.jpg
SgqB2X1.jpg
le0iBbD.jpg
M6uGluc.jpg
nN5eWi0.jpg

Eunice
ViGmMan.jpg
tyLmaUy.jpg
zFHEUsO.jpg

yL756yo.jpg
Ej3CXan.jpg

Cathy
PnHcrLs.jpg
v3sKnaz.jpg
2IesnFh.jpg

f0tWSRD.jpg
Juw5PYZ.jpg

Jenny
rjalyHH.jpg
6sJzOQh.jpg

x9jGoul.jpg
JD4kMQY.jpg

Chaeyeon
npXhdYN.jpg
NWH1Jvf.jpg
DcBnDQS.jpg
UCYwz4u.jpg

Eunjin
7d0ZmlO.jpg
1XnDaeA.jpg
stjTs4z.jpg
BypPEVY.jpg

Yebin
iHsAAuj.jpg
VzjzjTp.jpg
V65krul.jpg
4ecoaFA.jpg

---

[M/V] SEVENTEEN(세븐틴) - 만세(MANSAE)

강남 (KANG NAM) - CHOCOLATE (Feat San E) MV (MV features AOA's Mina)

feist_

Banned
Stellar - 150907 스텔라 DMC 페스티벌 해요TV 떨려요 전체 폰캠

Sowon, Eunha [Gfriend] 150906 여자친구 미니팬미팅 깜짝 놀라는 은하

Also this JREKML dude and lady on youtube are hilarious with the reactions.
http://i.imgur.com/QYGWkhq.gif
Basically did the same when the beat dropped in Crazy.
NFI who that is, but the gif has me crying.

This song came up in my playlist today and I don't understand how it was not a smash hit. It's like the perfect Kpop song, and one of the best songs Brave Brothers has produced. It still hasn't gotten old, two years later.

BESTie - Love Options
Fully agree; especially the bold portion. Sad it didn't sell better and/or bring them greater attention. Great, fun song with fun point dances.

Mosquito Control Dance for life:

Let's Dance : BESTie(베스티) _ Love Options(연애의 조건) [ENG/JPN SUB]

True. I've only seen that dance practice vid and love it.
It is to be expected to be influenced by those genres as in they are in the same vein.
Can they be called K-Pop if they are inspired heavily by such things as metal and jazz tho.
Yeah, though keep in mind, without even delving into KRock, HipHop, or other types of Korean Pop, mainstream Kpop alone has incorporated all of the influences I've mentioned. From the Caribbean alone, they used varying degrees of Roots & Culture, Dancehall, Soca and Calypso. Different acts have just gone about things differently from light incorporation and unavoidable influence, to carbon copying on the more shameless end of the spectrum.

Here's a recent release that gives a nod to Dilla at the end, because... well.. listen to the song...

chancellor(챈슬러),Bumkey(범키) - 손이가 "Son E Ga" Official Music Video

Here's one of the best Korean MCs, rhyming in English, along with Joey Bada$$ (Pro Era).

TABLO (타블로) X JOEY BADA$$ X CODE KUNST - 'HOOD'

jung so min, hani, solji, hyejeong, seolhyun, red velvet, jessica, chorong, bomi, eunha, sowon, choa, mina

Dice

Red Velvet just introduced 2eyes who are without their pigtails.

Concept bullies.

Edit: Wow Seventeen's comeback stage was very complex, energetic, and fresh. Good stuff.

Pendulum

Robots, snap bracelets, throwing and catching imaginary objects. The "Dumb Dumb" choreo is so fun to watch.

Edit: SM's choreo team oppas have been having fun. First the "Lion Heart" spread leg dance, and now one in "Huff n Puff" while wearing a short skirt.

Edit 2: Individual cams for "Dumb Dumb":
Seulgi
Joy
Irene
Wendy
Yeri
And no-cut group version

Who is
DIA
?
Assuming that's written with no toungue-in-cheek, they are MBK's next girl group.

broz0rs

Does anyone know who choreographed Dumb Dumb? SM has been consistent at not mentioning RV choreographers and having Famous Jay take credit for it.

llehuty

Didn't realize how much i would appreciate english vocals after listening to the TABLO X TAEYANG - '눈,코,입(EYES, NOSE, LIPS)' COVER VIDEO.
Would like to hear more groups/songs that have lots of english.
There is a dark past of english k-pop comercial flops:

BoA - Eat you up
BoA - I did it for love
Wonder Girls - Nobody
Wonder Girls - Like Money
SNSD - The boys
Spica - I did it
Chad Future - So good (ft. Uji)
Worth it for Uji. And just saw this buffoon copied the old LOEN MV watermark.
I can't think of more right now. There are some indie artists that only sing in english like Glen Check and From The Airport

I clicked this so damn fast. Here for Mina ending up being the most popular member.

Top Bottom