• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

Does anyone know who choreographed Dumb Dumb? SM has been consistent at not mentioning RV choreographers and having Famous Jay take credit for it.

Kyle Hanagami choreographed "Ice Cream Cake" and "Be Natural". I don't believe he did "Dumb Dumb" (nothing on his Instagram), so I am unsure.

---

BoA - Eat you up
BoA - I did it for love
Wonder Girls - Nobody
Wonder Girls - Like Money
SNSD - The boys
Spica - I did it
Chad Future - So good (ft. Uji)
Worth it for Uji. And just saw this buffoon copied the old LOEN MV watermark.
I can't think of more right now.
Wonder Girls - The DJ Is Mine
2NE1 - Can't Nobody
Big Bang - Entire "For The World" album

Numb

There is a dark past of english k-pop comercial flops:

BoA - Eat you up
BoA - I did it for love
Wonder Girls - Nobody
Wonder Girls - Like Money
SNSD - The boys
Spica - I did it
Chad Future - So good (ft. Uji)
Worth it for Uji. And just saw this buffoon copied the old LOEN MV watermark.
I can't think of more right now. There are some indie artists that only sing in english like Glen Check and From The Airport.

I clicked this so damn fast. Here for Mina ending up being the most popular member.
Nice.
BoA has this classy and respectful vibe all the time.
It's there even when doing that late 90s looking eat you up song.

luso

Cool World is great.
RV performing as rookies (in a good way).

Congrats
24068E3A55F19938160DB4

Numb

As Peru could explain better than anyone here, BoA is a world class superstar.

Here is one of my favorites, first shown to me by Peru. And if I remember correctly, that was toward the end of the concert, after she had been going all night?
Amazing! One of the best single vids i've seen. Kept getting better and better. Things got even realer after the cool jacket pick up too.
Her aura is pretty great. Although it scares me thinking about the time,energy,practice and choreo all these groups put into each single vid. Not anyone can pull that off especially at a show where you are doing them back to back to back like this. Mad props.

DIA debuts next week. It was revealed today that their album will have 7 songs (plus 3 additional versions of one of their title tracks). It has 2 title tracks, both composed by Shinsadong Tiger. One is "innocent" and one is "sexy" (fancam of them performing the sexy one is here).

Yebin kinda reminds of (a less attractive) Go Ara.

I can't think of more right now. There are some indie artists that only sing in english like Glen Check and From The Airport

Glen Check are amazing. Numb should definitely check them out.

Gee, I wonder why.

llehuty

[MV] UP10TION(업텐션) _ So, Dangerous(위험해)
Really good debut. feels a bit like budget EXO, but that is a really good starting point. Really liking the direction of both this and Seventeen as big boy groups. Seems like a huge gamble for these small companies though.

Speaking of boy groups, the rookies of the thread need some male k-pop highlights. Reusing my recap from earlier this year (+ bonus OC).

Pendulum

J.Tune Camp Executive Arrested After Physically Assaulting MBLAQ Seungho
According to the initial report, A was said to have hit Seungho while drinking together at a bar around 3:10am on September 11. At the time, Seungho called the police and told them that he was “hit in the head with a glass.” He has also hurt his ear.

However, during the police investigation, he testified that he was slapped across the face only once. It is being reported that A hit Seungho for being cocky while drinking.
Edit: Seems he was a former employee, and they met up for a drink.

---

I clicked this so damn fast. Here for Mina ending up being the most popular member.
150909 AOA Weekly Idol Mina Cut 2

Pendulum

As for thinking Siwon was cool... Must have been early on, yeah?
Yeah, quite early on as I was getting into K-Pop. Seemed like the coolest in the group.

---

I don't know what Asia Music Network is (before Googling), but some videos were uploaded including DIA's first televised live stage, The Ark, Shannon Williams, and T-ara.
DIA (다이아) - Somehow (왠지)
The Ark (디아크) - Good Bye Rain+Intro+Talk+Happy+The Light
Shannon (샤넌) - I Have Nothing
Shannon - Daybreak (黎明雨) (새벽비)
Shannon (샤넌) - Why Why (왜요왜요)
T-ARA+Shannon+DIA - Ending+Stick With U

---

Edit: Here's the first track and MV from Unpretty Rapstar 2

Edit 2: Today's Red Velvet performances @ Music Bank - "Dumb Dumb"
WISY???
and "Huff n Puff"

Pendulum

So any reason why Red Velvet aren't keeping the same colours from happiness?

The parts in the MV where Joy is wearing purple t-shirt/stockings (and Wendy orange, Yeri blue), and which today's performance outfits are from, is heavily green screened - I wonder if that has something to do with it. Might have had a bodiless Joy, and no one wants that.
Not sure why Joy didn't just get orange then

As Dice said, their wristbands have their personal color. Also, they have that color in their tights and apron when they wear the doll outfits in the MV during some scenes (and those scenes aren't 100% green screen).

JKTrix

The parts in the MV where Joy is wearing blue t-shirt/stockings (and Wendy orange), and which today's performance outfits are from, is heavily green screened - I wonder if that has something to do with it. Might have had a bodiless Joy, and no one wants that.
Seems legit.

When I was watching the performance just now I noticed that their 'safety pants' matched the colour of their outfit. Costume consistency.

Ym1r

Unreleated to Kpop.

Today I went to see my pretty Korean professor for her office hours, alone.

I had a few questions for her, and I called her 교수님 (prof in korean) and she said "Outside of class, you can call me Noona"

*dead*

Numb

Unreleated to Kpop.

I had a few questions for her, and I called her 교수님 (prof in korean) and she said "Outside of class, you can call me Noona"

*dead*

*dead* indeed.
*dead* indeed.

Say her name in this tone next time when you are alone together.
tumblr_mcml3q3Hve1qa5504o1_500.gif

Meaning that she'll know what's up if you do. Add an honorific and drag it alittle.

Peru

Truedy is pretty cool. How old? Would've thought she had been picked up before. I will say there are no trainwrecks this season although Hyorin isn't good and Gilme is boring overrated 'veteran' status and the YG trainee was probably the worst of the episode. Overall we could get some cool tracks from this and hopefully some careers launched.

llehuty

Truedy is pretty cool. How old? Would've thought she had been picked up before. I will say there are no trainwrecks this season although Hyorin isn't good and Gilme is boring overrated 'veteran' status and the YG trainee was probably the worst of the episode. Overall we could get some cool tracks from this and hopefully some careers launched.

I feel like they are going to ruin it with eliminations. Format of first season was great, I have no idea why they felt like they needed a bigger cast and the inevitable eliminations that come with it.

Has San E toned down a bit his MCing?

Unreleated to Kpop.

*dead*

I demand a manga adaptation of this real world fanfiction, then a mostly poorly acted tv drama starring w/e idols are most popular at the moment, a series of fan complaints because it cut out the juicy bed scenes, then a full blown straight to bluray hentai version.

Seriously... sell this story to a shady anime company and make $$$

ramyeon

She's 22. She sounds so much like Yoon Mirae when she raps that it has to be intentional.

isuzu

Can't stop listening to Dumb Dumb and Mansae. I'm RV and 17 trash, can't help it.

and then there's the BTS comeback coming jesus help me

tumblr_nuf4pkdEZV1sfgseyo1_500.gif

Edit 2: Today's Red Velvet performances @ Music Bank - "Dumb Dumb"
WISY???
"

Irene with the glasses tho...

Lawd jesus.

Where do I send my donations to join the Church of Irene?

Unreleated to Kpop.

*dead*

scale.php

If you need a writer for the fanfic, my services are available... pro bono even lol.

Top Bottom