• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

GOT7 "니가 하면(If You Do)" Teaser Video 5. Youngjae

GOT7 "니가 하면(If You Do)" Teaser Video 6. BamBam

GOT7 "니가 하면(If You Do)" Teaser Video 7. Yugyeom

pyKlg43.jpg

O9UrZCD.jpg

zH5K2Fm.jpg

Nc2o8Of.jpg

yrhDdfX.jpg

LRLMPdl.jpg

pzfhABr.jpg

llehuty

GI(지아이) 돌리고 돌리고 (Doligo Doligo) 안무영상 (dance practice)
I still can't believe they completely scrapped original GI for this.

Unpretty Rapstar 2, episode 2 - parts 1 and 2

This season is shapping up to be solid enough, but I'm hoping it doesn't end up being a Truedy love fest during the whole thing (her voice is unique, and she is a good performer, but her lyrics for this track were awful). The only one that has been embarrassingly bad is Hyorin *shocker*. I'm rooting for Yubin, Heize and Soo Min with what I've seen up until this point. Kasper has the best reactions, but she needs to step up her game. And lmao at Yezi's edit.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Unpretty Rapstar 2, episode 2 - parts 1 and 2
0p6zzSW.gif

I totally skipped the first show, but Yubin, Hyorin and Yezi...I had to watch this one. And holy shit. I've been missing out. Not only are some of these girls very talented...but the actual show is just goddamn tense and entertaining as all hell. Women scorned, errwhere. Kasper's totally got the best faces of everything, ever.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The funny thing is this show actually only gives a small glimpse into just how hyper and expressive Kasper is.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The funny thing is this show actually only gives a small glimpse into just how hyper and expressive Kasper is.

She's goddamn adorbs and hilarious. I'm glad I decided to watch this before she's a good rapper (IMO) and she's got the biggest potential of face giffing I've seen in a while.

I mean it's a symphony of facial expressions. The whole cast. When people talk shit about each other, or the judges/public crap on the girls, it's actually fairly dramatic. I mean half of these chicks look fucking terrified of everything and everyone. Never thought Hyorin could look so scared shitless.

The girl that's winning everything is super talented, but I hate the way she puts down everyone. Boo. Meanwhile Yubin is like an ancient K-pop sage or some shit, dropping wisdom and being mad calm at everything. And Yezi's like a supervillain in the making.

I'm stanning Yubin, the one chick with the Uncharted collection, the purple haired girl that looks scared of everybody, and Kasper. Obviously. Go them!

Dice

My thoughts on some people on the show:

Yubin - Like you said, she just has experience. I have said plenty of times that I think WG got some real life perspective in America. They were pretty fucked over here, so all they had to do with all their time was realize how huge the world of music and music history is and have perspective that they are just one little part no matter how big of a deal people make over them. I think it humbled them and left them with nothing to have pride in except their own hard work. She is bringing that ethic to the table in combination with her years of hands-on experience with the biz and the results are proving themselves.

Kasper - People on the show: "She has a lot of male fans" Me: *raises hand*
She's just too lovable. I think she has talent but also has some sloppiness to grow past. Her critiques and counter-criticisms are spot on, but being correct is different from doing the work, so while I like that she keeps it real and wants to diffuse negativity and unearned superiority complexes flying around, she also needs to embrace it a bit and step her game up.

KittyB - Like you said, she seems so scared, it's kind of funny. Wasn't she also saying she doesn't like when girls act cute, but then she's doing it all the time when she gets nervous, haha.

AshB - Why is she such a hater? I want to know more about what made her this way.

Yezi - LMAOOOO I really want to think it's just a bad edit, but what it seems like is she has had all her work prescribed to her, and that is much different from taking a creative and orchestrating role in things. She talks shit about her experience giving her advantage but then in the thick of it she gets lost. She needs to humble herself and get into learning mode or she'll be out soon. It's kind of sad because I like her style and think she has skill to develop.

Gilme - I feel bad for her. I don't know what the story behind it is, but she seems a wreck. She's 32 but acting like she's 60 or something. It's like a much sadder version of Tymee in the first season.

Trudy - She has a lot of skill and is obviously committed to her refinement, but unfortunately it would seem that understanding is copying absolutely everything about Yoon Mirae and then complaining when others draw the comparison. Not to mention that aside from hijacking an entire iconic persona, what she is doing is borderline blackface especially with some of her lyrics in view. It's... awkward. It's like Chad Future going the other direction. She seems young and like she found belonging in her idea of the scene and what it means to be a part, but I hope she grows beyond it and gains a better understanding of what individuality means.

Overall it's a riot to watch, such a hilarious hot mess of drama from nothing. I love it.

Pendulum

Understandable that you didn't write any thoughts about Ahn Soo Min. Her impact on the show so far is non-existent. She was even edited out of the rehearsal footage.

Heize though. Her lyrics shown aren't the best (lol @ Keith Ape's squats tho), but I do like her delivery. She's putting in great effort too and works a performance better than most of the others, including that someone who "has an advantage".

Looking ahead, I'm thinking a Yubin/Heize/Trudy final 3 would be ideal.

(Re: Trudy - certainly there's been a little bit of a fan reversal regarding her between episodes 1 and 2 now that some people believe she's cosplaying, and it'll be interesting to see if that grows/diminishes over the next episodes. It's in her hands.)

---

Edit: Minyoung (former member of the defunct 6Mix and a contestant for a Twice spot) has left JYPE. Guess that solo singer option that JYP mentioned wasn't a go.

---

[ENG SUB] 150922 Blue Night Red Velvet Interview

Dice

Yeah Heize/Soomin/Sua haven't shown enough for me to even have a fairly formed opinion. I will say that Heize, like Yubin, at least seemed to understand the limitations of the fairly chill track Virbal Jint provided (in his trademark style) and had the restraint to remain in sensible bounds, even though they were all trying to make it hype by the end, which was awkward. KittyB in particular tried to do too much and was tripping over herself for it, and Kasper seemed a bit lost.

One thing I will say about Soomin is that her response to Cheetah's words may be a revelation on the scene. It seemed like no one has ever said anything like that to her before, which makes it seem like maybe these girls never had someone close enough to give them personal feedback. Maybe they're just making their projects alone, cutting deals and running gigs alone, receiving professional feedback or promo, but don't have many they would consider friends in the art. I hope it isn't the case, especially if it would mean they were left out of camaraderie in the scene because they are women.

Pendulum

Speaking of relationships, I don't know if it was the translation or the editing or if it what was actually said, but that part where Sua asked "Is she backstabbing me?" made me lol.

Dice

Yeah I thought a comparison between the two was funny as well, especially because the editing was so obviously contrived. Trudy was like "If she comes after me, I'll make her pay!" but Sua was like "I'll destroy everything!" lol #thuglife

It reminded me of the first season when the episodes were getting really serious with all the rivalry and seemingly hard feelings but then online they had all these cute selcas together and messaged to each other with hearts and smiles.

Eldren

Trudy is annoying as hell. The fact that she uses the word "black" in every single verse is ridiculous. The "cosplay" criticism is very accurate. So far I'm definitely on team Yubin, Heize and Kasper. I'm hoping Yezi can get it together because I like her and want to see her do well. Soomin and Sua seem cool too but for some reason I feel like I've barely seen anything of them. Hopefully someone this season will release a song as legendary as Puss.

Peru

I was an LE fan already so I jumped on that shit at once. And of course a Shinsadong Tiger (I think at his peak powers back then) group couldn't fail. Then they sorta did until Every Night was a moderate hit compared to their earlier flops, THEN the whole label thing happened and they were gone for ages. So I'm not sure I want to jinx a group into a similarly rough road. I hope 'talent-dol' groups like The Ark find the right kind of single material and get some sort of exposure.

llehuty

I was an LE fan already so I jumped on that shit at once. And of course a Shinsadong Tiger (I think at his peak powers back then) group couldn't fail. Then they sorta did until Every Night was a moderate hit compared to their earlier flops, THEN the whole label thing happened and they were gone for ages. So I'm not sure I want to jinx a group into a similarly rough road. I hope 'talent-dol' groups like The Ark find the right kind of single material and get some sort of exposure.

Looking forward the Ark's lineup change that will lead to BESTie 2.0

:p

feist_

Banned
More Jiyoon is always a good thing.

As soon as The Ark release quality music I'll be even more on board than I am now. Halla is great and Minju is a beast.

AoA | 150921 국방tv 위문열차 K-Force Special Show AOA - 심쿵해 (Heart Attack) + 사뿐사뿐 (Like a Cat)

Kisum | 인기예능 무한도전에 출연하게 된 키썸(KISUM)?! [oh Hot] - KoonTV

Bomi | [Teaser 2] YOON HYUN SANG(윤현상) _ Let's Eat Together(밥 한 끼 해요) (Feat. 윤보미 of Apink) (윤보미 ver.)
Apink for Sudden Attack | [서든어택] 2015 에이핑크 녹음 메이킹 현장

러블리즈(Lovelyz) "Ah-Choo" Teaser
Woollim just setting this group to flop. The song could be good, but doing the same type of concept and MV for the third time in the same year? Gfriend stays winning.
So a bit like Gfriend, then.

9.gif

↑↑↑ Mina has betrayed you. It's ok, have some Solji.

Missing link?
Meant to link to them, but now don't have the links at the moment. Here's a low quality version of the W Korea clip: https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/644445663300718592/pu/vid/480x480/aYLNTja5v6Fu4Pmu.mp4

A snippet of Yeeun and Sunmi for your troubles:

llehuty

So a bit like Gfriend, then.

9.gif

↑↑↑ Mina has betrayed you. It's ok, have some Solji.

But Gfriend are going back to a concept that worked for them and was a success. Lovelyz flopped but they keep going back at it.

Bless the gif and the link, though.

Top Bottom